Janoshik blind testing — does declaring the compound break the blind?

RJ760

Explorer
Joined
Mar 21, 2026
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
About to send off my first batch to Janoshik for third-party testing on some Reta I just got. Their site says they offer blind GLP-1 screening covering Sema, Tirz, and Reta, with no prior knowledge of what's in the vial.

This morning they emailed me back, though, and said customs rules mean they have to be told the specific AAS compound before the sample can even be accepted. They also said this doesn't affect how the blind testing itself is done.

Has anyone else run into this? Is it a new customs rule, or does it only apply when shipping from the US? I figure the customs declaration is a separate thing from the actual lab work, and since the vials are marked R20 it's not like the contents are a secret. Mostly I'm trying to work out whether this has any bearing on how accurate or valid the results end up being, or if I'm reading too much into it.

Anyone sent anything to Janoshik lately and hit this?
 
Identifying the exact compound is on them, not on you. Blindness can be preserved through plenty of procedural setups. My guess is that whoever runs the analysis on your sample has no idea what result you're expecting.
 
anhydrous said:

Identifying the exact compound is on them, not on you. Blindness can be preserved through plenty of procedural setups. My guess is that whoever runs the analysis on your sample has no idea what result you're expecting.
I had the same impression, and it just seemed strange to me that they didn't mention you'd need to name the compound beforehand.
 
Simply tell them the compound is something else. So a tirz sample goes in labelled as Reta. Whether it is truly blind, you will soon discover - my money says it is.
 
RJ760 said:

anhydrous said:

Identifying the exact compound is on them, not on you. Blindness can be preserved through plenty of procedural setups. My guess is that whoever runs the analysis on your sample has no idea what result you're expecting.
I had the same impression, and it just seemed strange to me that they didn't mention you'd need to name the compound beforehand.
is it required to state the strength? like tirz 20 or 30?
 
x3737 said:

RJ760 said:

anhydrous said:

Identifying the exact compound is on them, not on you. Blindness can be preserved through plenty of procedural setups. My guess is that whoever runs the analysis on your sample has no idea what result you're expecting.
I had the same impression, and it just seemed strange to me that they didn't mention you'd need to name the compound beforehand.
is it required to state the strength? like tirz 20 or 30?
That particular email didn't request it outright, but the amount of sample being submitted is something they do want you to specify. Here, that means the mg contained in the vials that were sent.
 
From a reporting angle, this likely comes in handy, because my guess is that few people would bother following up when their sample turned out fine. Naturally, when something goes wrong, folks tend to be more inclined to speak up.
 
RJ760 said:

About to send off my first batch to Janoshik for third-party testing on some Reta I just got. Their site says they offer blind GLP-1 screening covering Sema, Tirz, and Reta, with no prior knowledge of what's in the vial.

This morning they emailed me back, though, and said customs rules mean they have to be told the specific AAS compound before the sample can even be accepted. They also said this doesn't affect how the blind testing itself is done.

Has anyone else run into this? Is it a new customs rule, or does it only apply when shipping from the US? I figure the customs declaration is a separate thing from the actual lab work, and since the vials are marked R20 it's not like the contents are a secret. Mostly I'm trying to work out whether this has any bearing on how accurate or valid the results end up being, or if I'm reading too much into it.

Anyone sent anything to Janoshik lately and hit this?
Whatever the reason behind it, the testing still gets done and you end up with an honest read on the contents. If they couldn't identify what is (or isn't) present in a vial, they wouldn't have earned the "gold standard" label. My preference is to state what the vial is supposed to contain, then let them raise a red flag if the result comes back as some other pep.
 
RJ760 said:

About to send off my first batch to Janoshik for third-party testing on some Reta I just got. Their site says they offer blind GLP-1 screening covering Sema, Tirz, and Reta, with no prior knowledge of what's in the vial.

This morning they emailed me back, though, and said customs rules mean they have to be told the specific AAS compound before the sample can even be accepted. They also said this doesn't affect how the blind testing itself is done.

Has anyone else run into this? Is it a new customs rule, or does it only apply when shipping from the US? I figure the customs declaration is a separate thing from the actual lab work, and since the vials are marked R20 it's not like the contents are a secret. Mostly I'm trying to work out whether this has any bearing on how accurate or valid the results end up being, or if I'm reading too much into it.

Anyone sent anything to Janoshik lately and hit this?
I had the same experience with a vial I submitted. It went out without any label, yet they still asked me to identify what was in it. Bizarre.
 
byefatlicia said:

RJ760 said:

About to send off my first batch to Janoshik for third-party testing on some Reta I just got. Their site says they offer blind GLP-1 screening covering Sema, Tirz, and Reta, with no prior knowledge of what's in the vial.

This morning they emailed me back, though, and said customs rules mean they have to be told the specific AAS compound before the sample can even be accepted. They also said this doesn't affect how the blind testing itself is done.

Has anyone else run into this? Is it a new customs rule, or does it only apply when shipping from the US? I figure the customs declaration is a separate thing from the actual lab work, and since the vials are marked R20 it's not like the contents are a secret. Mostly I'm trying to work out whether this has any bearing on how accurate or valid the results end up being, or if I'm reading too much into it.

Anyone sent anything to Janoshik lately and hit this?
Whatever the reason behind it, the testing still gets done and you end up with an honest read on the contents. If they couldn't identify what is (or isn't) present in a vial, they wouldn't have earned the "gold standard" label. My preference is to state what the vial is supposed to contain, then let them raise a red flag if the result comes back as some other pep.
That's a fair point. I suppose the phrase "blind test" is what tripped me up, especially when they then want me to say what the vial contains. Ultimately, what matters to me is simply getting correct results.
 
RJ760 said:

byefatlicia said:

RJ760 said:

About to send off my first batch to Janoshik for third-party testing on some Reta I just got. Their site says they offer blind GLP-1 screening covering Sema, Tirz, and Reta, with no prior knowledge of what's in the vial.

This morning they emailed me back, though, and said customs rules mean they have to be told the specific AAS compound before the sample can even be accepted. They also said this doesn't affect how the blind testing itself is done.

Has anyone else run into this? Is it a new customs rule, or does it only apply when shipping from the US? I figure the customs declaration is a separate thing from the actual lab work, and since the vials are marked R20 it's not like the contents are a secret. Mostly I'm trying to work out whether this has any bearing on how accurate or valid the results end up being, or if I'm reading too much into it.

Anyone sent anything to Janoshik lately and hit this?
Whatever the reason behind it, the testing still gets done and you end up with an honest read on the contents. If they couldn't identify what is (or isn't) present in a vial, they wouldn't have earned the "gold standard" label. My preference is to state what the vial is supposed to contain, then let them raise a red flag if the result comes back as some other pep.
That's a fair point. I suppose the phrase "blind test" is what tripped me up, especially when they then want me to say what the vial contains. Ultimately, what matters to me is simply getting correct results.
From what I remember, a 100% blind test was on offer at a higher price and naming the compound was optional. That option no longer appears on their site. It definitely existed at one point.
 
About 2 weeks back, I took part in a testing group, and our vials went off to Jano. The only thing we wrote on them was GLP1. Because the shipment stayed inside the EU, customs likely wasn't an issue, so there was no need for us to state which compound it was. Within a few days, the results came back showing mass/purity, which is what you'd expect from a blind test.

From what I remember, Peter from Jano mentioned during an interview some time ago that some people deliberately put the wrong compound name on submissions, just to test whether Jano can still work it out.
 
Back
Top