Itching, nausea

Chili777 said:

Not_Your_Dad said:

OP, let me add my 2 cents and repeat something others have already brought up:

When it comes to Nexa vials, overfilling is never a rare thing. Occasionally it's only slight (my 6 mg Reta came in at 6.54), other times it's more noticeable (my 60 mg Tirz was 65.xx), and in some cases it can be substantial (my 100mg GHK-cu was 150; GHK is well known for overfilling, but that doesn't change the point).

Check the COA for the batch you have. With a 3 ml recon, you might actually be dosing closer to 12 mg. My other thought is that you should pause Tirz for now, but it's still worth looking into the concentration.
The Reta 48 kit that came from them turned out to be Reta 58! Luckily my initial pin was just 1 mg prior to receiving the COA.
I looked again and the number came out to 65, which likely exceeded what I can tolerate. For the time being I'll just halt and monitor how my body responds.
 
Strawberrykitten said:

Chili777 said:

Not_Your_Dad said:

OP, let me add my 2 cents and repeat something others have already brought up:

When it comes to Nexa vials, overfilling is never a rare thing. Occasionally it's only slight (my 6 mg Reta came in at 6.54), other times it's more noticeable (my 60 mg Tirz was 65.xx), and in some cases it can be substantial (my 100mg GHK-cu was 150; GHK is well known for overfilling, but that doesn't change the point).

Check the COA for the batch you have. With a 3 ml recon, you might actually be dosing closer to 12 mg. My other thought is that you should pause Tirz for now, but it's still worth looking into the concentration.
The Reta 48 kit that came from them turned out to be Reta 58! Luckily my initial pin was just 1 mg prior to receiving the COA.
I looked again and the number came out to 65, which likely exceeded what I can tolerate. For the time being I'll just halt and monitor how my body responds.
At 65, you were on the verge of bypassing your 10 mg injection and jumping straight to 12.5. Given how you seem to react to larger Tirz doses, that was a pretty big leap.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!
 
Strawberrykitten said:


I followed the regular protocol of 2.5, 5, 7.5 (each dose I stayed on it for 4 weeks). I bought the 60 mg dose from Nexaph and used 3 ML of BAC water so I could have 6 (10 mg doses). I only used it 3 times (my husband uses it along with me and he hasn't had any issues. )

I had issues with itching all over before I started this but it was always associated with sugar consumption. Now that I have no cravings I''m not sure why the itching is coming back. It's worst when I first wake up in the morning. I've had all my lab work done. I see an endocrinologist and had my thyroid checked and it's all normal. The only issue I have is my CRP levels are high but so far no one has been able to figure out what's causing it.

I've had all kinds of issues since I started (when I first started at 2.5 mgs - my periods were lasting all month long, I was told it's normal and things are regulating. Weight loss wasn't the goal for me so at first I saw no weight loss but i was hoping things were regulating. I don't know what's going on. I've done all the testing that can be done and no one has any answers for me. Meanwhile, the fatigue is so intense, I'm sleeping for 20 hours in a day and not being able to function.

Click to expand...
During the first 12 weeks on compounded T, my side effects looked a lot like this. There was intense itching, plus welts across my torso, particularly in spots where clothing pressed into my skin, like the waistband and bra strap. I also had severe fatigue, sleepiness, and hair loss. Constipation was present, appetite was gone, and still I lost very little weight. My dermatologist couldn't figure out what it was, but prescribed 2 weeks of anti-histamine and prednisone, which worked like a miracle drug and appeared to fix everything. Then, as soon as my bowels started working again, the weight came off quickly!!! Looking back, my theory is that my adipose had turned into a huge circulating amount of free fatty acids in my blood, which were leaving my body through my lungs, kidneys, bowels and SKIN ! That would explain the “ketosis rash!” Things that brought relief: soaking and scrubbing in the hottest bathwater, topical Vaseline, followed by 60 minutes on an aerobic bicycle, high-dose Vitamin C, NSAIDs, and anti-histamine pills. After that point I hit my goal weight, and my co-morbidities and side-effects reversed, so now I take a lower dose of T to keep my appetite suppression going. My guess is that the ketone bodies were irritating my skin pores worst in the areas where my clothes pressed against them.

Even so, I'm very glad I stuck with my GLP through those side effects. A slower dose titration definitely would have been easier on me. Most likely my dosage titration moved faster than my body's metabolic changes could handle. Had I paid attention to the signals my body was sending, I might have cut down on or prevented my discomforts.
 
Appreciate the update on the medical side. From what you describe, it seems like you've got a solid team of doctors involved — and honestly, on a forum you're only ever seeing a sliver of the whole picture, so guessing at the cause is a losing game. Not every medical problem comes with a clear-cut diagnosis and a treatment that reliably works; sometimes people just have to cope as well as they can. That said, the majority of issues do improve with time.

Even so, I'd lean toward pausing the tirzepatide for a stretch, just to get a clearer sense of whether it's behind some of the fatigue and so on. On semaglutide I definitely dealt with nausea and a vague sense of feeling unwell for roughly a year — luckily that doesn't happen for me on tirzepatide — but side effects really do differ from person to person. And whenever you do decide to go back on it, starting at a lower dose and titrating up slowly would be the smart approach.
 
Good-Heart6425 said:


Side effects were very similar during my first 12 weeks of compounded T. Intense itching and welts on my torso esp where my skin was compressed by waistband and bra strap. Severe fatigue and sleepiness and hair loss. Constipation, no appetite, yet minimal weight loss. Dermatologist was unable to diagnose, but gave me 2 weeks of anti-histamine and prednisone, a miracle drug that seemed to solve everything. But, once my bowel function resumed, I had rapid weight loss!!! Retrospectively, I believe my adipose was transformed to a massive circulating volume of free fatty acids in my bloodstream that were being excreted through my lungs, kidneys, bowels and SKIN ! Hence the “ketosis rash!” What gave me relief: soaking/scrubbing in the bathtub’s hottest water, topical Vaseline, then aerobic bicycling 60 minutes, Vitamin C megadoses, NSAIDs, and anti-histamine pills. Since that time I’ve reached my goal weight and experienced reversal of co-morbidities and side-effects, so I’m at a lower dose of T to sustain my appetite suppression. I believe the ketone bodies irritated the pores of my skin most severely where it was compressed by my clothing.

Yet, I’m so glad I continued my GLP despite these side effects. A slower dose titration would have been better tolerated, for sure. It’s likely that my dosage titration was too fast for my body’s metabolic changes. If I had recognized the signals my body was giving, I could have reduced or avoided my discomforts.

Click to expand...
Apart from constipation, your description matches my situation almost exactly. Taking magnesium glycinate nightly is probably why I haven't had that problem. When I take my clothes off the itching gets really bad, which fits what you're saying. Still, I plan to pause for a few weeks since I currently feel pretty awful, then restart at a smaller dose to check how my body responds. I appreciate you posting about this.
 
Strawberrykitten said:


Everything you are describing here is pretty much what I'm going through minus constipation. I think I'm not constipated because of the magnesium glycinate I take every night. The itching is intense when I undress so that makes sense. I'm going to take a break for a few weeks though because I just feel like junk right now, I'll have to try back at a lower dose and see how I do. Thanks again for sharing

Click to expand...
From what I understand, uticaria — also called “ketosis rash” — is thought to be extremely uncommon. My complexion is FitzPatrick one: extremely fair, no melanin, and I never tan. The dermatologist couldn't identify what was going on, though I held back the fact that I'd spent months injecting T myself. That was over 6 months back. I'm still on a daily antihistamine at a low dose. These days I've titrated down to a maintenance T dose to keep my appetite in check
 
Strawberrykitten said:


Everything you are describing here is pretty much what I'm going through minus constipation. I think I'm not constipated because of the magnesium glycinate I take every night. The itching is intense when I undress so that makes sense. I'm going to take a break for a few weeks though because I just feel like junk right now, I'll have to try back at a lower dose and see how I do. Thanks again for sharing

Click to expand...
On top of that, I figure the ketone bodies leaving my body also aggravated the pores on my scalp, just like what happened with the skin on my torso. I lost a great deal of hair. These days it is coming back in; hooray, so long alopecia!
 
Good-Heart6425 said:


I think the uticaria [“ketosis rash”] is considered to be very rare. My skin type is very pale, never tans, no melanin, aka FitzPatrick one. Dermatologist did not recognize my symptoms, but I did not share my recent history of months of self injected T. That was >6 months ago. Still taking daily low dose of antihistamine . Now have titrated down to maintenance T dose for appetite suppression

Click to expand...
I'm Indian, so I have a lot of melanin and brown skin, which means that isn't the same for me
 
Back
Top