Is This Typical or a Side Effect?

techiemichael

Explorer
Joined
Jan 24, 2026
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Location
England
I took my Reta dose Sunday night. By Monday and today, my appetite was suppressed a lot. But tonight I'm feeling really hungry — does that mean it's already fading?

There's also a mark or patch beside where I injected. Is that expected, or is it a reaction? Photo attached:





10e83f0c6190952643ced0f8b538dfb6ad945fe7b78cfc0c79e36696f83ffc3d.webp
 
The effects don’t show up right away—they accumulate gradually. In my case, it was roughly 1 week and half. That said, some people need as long as 4 weeks.

On a handful of occasions, I’ve noticed something like a bruise close to where I injected. So my take is that your mark or patch is nothing to worry about, as long as no other symptoms appear alongside it.
 
Any details on your dosage and how you prepared the mixture? I assume the Reta is being kept refrigerated?

I don't use Reta myself, but this seems like a typical, common occurrence with subcutaneous peptides as well as other GLP-1/GIP/glucagon agonists. In trials and user reports, 5–15% experience mild redness, a small patch, warmth, itching, or slight swelling/erythema at or near the injection site. It's generally a localized inflammatory or immune response to the shot (not a full allergy). Usually it clears up within 24–48 hours (occasionally a few days) with no problems. Suggestions that may help:

Use a cold compress to bring it down.

Switch up injection spots (abdomen, thighs, arms) so you don't build up irritation in one area.

Allow the vial/pen to warm to room temperature before injecting (a cold solution may cause more irritation).

Follow good technique: cleanse the site, pinch the skin, inject slowly, avoid rubbing firmly.

If the patch expands, becomes very itchy/painful, produces pus, fever, or persists > a week, that's when to keep a close watch.
 
techiemichael said:

I took my Reta dose Sunday night. By Monday and today, my appetite was suppressed a lot. But tonight I'm feeling really hungry — does that mean it's already fading?

There's also a mark or patch beside where I injected. Is that expected, or is it a reaction? Photo attached:





View attachment 12436
This isn't an indication that the effect is fading. It's a known quirk of Retatrutide: people can experience "really hungry" feelings following a stretch without appetite, yet they aren't actually hungry. On the next occasion that happens, attempt to finish a complete meal and then let us know what you find 🙂
 
Reta has been part of my routine for 7 weeks now, and there's no denying the appetite suppression. Because of that, my wife and I have adjusted our eating habits. In the beginning, I wasn't eating because I had no hunger at all—though honestly, that was on me. I was drinking way too much water, among other things.

Breakfast is usually something simple: perhaps a hard boiled egg with sausage and toast, or a fried egg sandwich plus a couple of sausage deals that my wife prepares. For lunch, I have a protein shake. When dinner comes around, it's a small portion of meat—chicken or sometimes fish—paired with a steamed veggie, or cottage cheese, or a small salad.

Once again, both my wife and I have seen our appetite drop a crap load, and I believe that's actually helping. We also sit down for dinner at 5-5:30. So far it's working: I've lost 19lbs within the timeframe I mentioned. Good luck.
 
techiemichael said:

I took my Reta dose Sunday night. By Monday and today, my appetite was suppressed a lot. But tonight I'm feeling really hungry — does that mean it's already fading?

There's also a mark or patch beside where I injected. Is that expected, or is it a reaction? Photo attached:





View attachment 12436
In the past, I had a similar reaction. Once I switched to a longer needle, it stopped happening entirely.
 
TTRich said:

techiemichael said:

I took my Reta dose Sunday night. By Monday and today, my appetite was suppressed a lot. But tonight I'm feeling really hungry — does that mean it's already fading?

There's also a mark or patch beside where I injected. Is that expected, or is it a reaction? Photo attached:





View attachment 12436
In the past, I had a similar reaction. Once I switched to a longer needle, it stopped happening entirely.
If you're using short needles, that's absolutely worth giving a shot. My own needles are 12mm, and I've had zero problems — no sensation at all. A few others have mentioned that moving up from those little 4mm ones to 8mm made a difference as well.
 
Appreciate everyone's input.

My starting dose was 2.5mg from a pen.

It was likely outside the fridge for about 5 minutes before I injected. The needle I used, I believe, was 4mm.

Update: the mark is fading now, and it never hurt. The appetite suppression is clearly tapering off — eating has become easier, and I experienced real hunger, enough to have a full meal rather than just a snack. One curious thing: my nipples have become quite sensitive, though I did anticipate some sensitivity as a side effect.
 
techiemichael said:

Appreciate everyone's input.

My starting dose was 2.5mg from a pen.

It was likely outside the fridge for about 5 minutes before I injected. The needle I used, I believe, was 4mm.

Update: the mark is fading now, and it never hurt. The appetite suppression is clearly tapering off — eating has become easier, and I experienced real hunger, enough to have a full meal rather than just a snack. One curious thing: my nipples have become quite sensitive, though I did anticipate some sensitivity as a side effect.
At the beginning, when I began with the injections, redness plus itching would come and go. A few months later, though, that completely went away. My guess is that my system simply wasn't accustomed to something foreign, so it was pushing back against it.
 
CNCCurrency said:

techiemichael said:

Appreciate everyone's input.

My starting dose was 2.5mg from a pen.

It was likely outside the fridge for about 5 minutes before I injected. The needle I used, I believe, was 4mm.

Update: the mark is fading now, and it never hurt. The appetite suppression is clearly tapering off — eating has become easier, and I experienced real hunger, enough to have a full meal rather than just a snack. One curious thing: my nipples have become quite sensitive, though I did anticipate some sensitivity as a side effect.
At the beginning, when I began with the injections, redness plus itching would come and go. A few months later, though, that completely went away. My guess is that my system simply wasn't accustomed to something foreign, so it was pushing back against it.
Interesting—my experience went the other way. The raised, itchy welt at the injection site didn't show up until I'd been on it for at least 6 months. Switching to a longer needle put an end to it.
 
Back
Top