Is There Any Risk for Men Using Retatrutide and Tesamorelin While Trying to Conceive?

RBIMCHAR

Explorer
Joined
May 14, 2026
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
São Paulo / SP
Hey everyone,

My wife and I are in the middle of trying to conceive. Right now I'm on Retatrutide (Reta) along with Tesamorelin. In your opinion, are there any contraindications for men on these peptides that might get in the way of conception?

Would it be wiser to pause the peptides while we're actively trying to conceive, or is it totally fine for the male partner to continue taking them?

I'd like to hear your thoughts or experiences on this.

Thanks in advance!
 
A deep calorie deficit may have an impact on count, and dehydration could too… however, based on the data we have now, I don't see a significant risk to the resulting offspring.

TRT has a major effect on count, though HCG can help offset that.
 
RBIMCHAR said:

Hey everyone,

My wife and I are in the middle of trying to conceive. Right now I'm on Retatrutide (Reta) along with Tesamorelin. In your opinion, are there any contraindications for men on these peptides that might get in the way of conception?

Would it be wiser to pause the peptides while we're actively trying to conceive, or is it totally fine for the male partner to continue taking them?

I'd like to hear your thoughts or experiences on this.

Thanks in advance!
Getting your wife pregnant should be possible, but you'll need some luck on your end.
 
Because BMI is so tightly linked to sperm count, GLP1s will probably boost your chances of conceiving just by bringing your BMI down. Avoid steroids.
 
I'm no expert on the endocrine system or on how the female body works, so I'd personally feel quite uneasy about taking anything tied to growth hormone while my partner and I are trying to conceive. I can't point to any evidence or build a real case for it, but my gut-level reasoning is simply that nobody knows what growth hormone secretagogues might do to the growth of a fetus.
 
RBIMCHAR said:

Hey everyone,

My wife and I are in the middle of trying to conceive. Right now I'm on Retatrutide (Reta) along with Tesamorelin. In your opinion, are there any contraindications for men on these peptides that might get in the way of conception?

Would it be wiser to pause the peptides while we're actively trying to conceive, or is it totally fine for the male partner to continue taking them?

I'd like to hear your thoughts or experiences on this.

Thanks in advance!
For men trying to conceive, a clinic I'm aware of prescribes gonadorelin alongside testagen. Enclomiphene is another option, and it may improve the chances for sperm with a higher head-to-tail ratio.
 
In IVF, HGH is used too, along with Letrozole. Beyond that, whether Reta ends up being useful may come down to her reproductive system, her weight, and a few other considerations.
 
RBIMCHAR said:


You are very funny. You should be doing stand up comedy instead of being here. Helped a lot with a serious discussion.

Click to expand...
Am I joking? No — I'm completely serious.

What's the timeline here — how long have you two been at it? Did your wife get a full workup and a green light from her doctor? There's a ton of missing context before anyone blames a peptide. And what about you — have you had testing done? Because the way you're reacting honestly looks a lot like low sperm count.

Still, I genuinely hope things work out. A new baby is one of life's great joys, so I hope your wife is expecting very soon.
 
JBIALBCAWIWTTW (Just because I’m a little bit curious about why it was titled this way) Was that something you did, op, or did a mod step in and add it so that ttc’s meaning here would be clear? I’m asking partly out of curiosity and partly because it might say something about how you generally go about things
 
RBIMCHAR said:

Hey everyone,

My wife and I are in the middle of trying to conceive. Right now I'm on Retatrutide (Reta) along with Tesamorelin. In your opinion, are there any contraindications for men on these peptides that might get in the way of conception?

Would it be wiser to pause the peptides while we're actively trying to conceive, or is it totally fine for the male partner to continue taking them?

I'd like to hear your thoughts or experiences on this.

Thanks in advance!

Rolltide61 said:

RBIMCHAR said:

Hey everyone,

My wife and I are in the middle of trying to conceive. Right now I'm on Retatrutide (Reta) along with Tesamorelin. In your opinion, are there any contraindications for men on these peptides that might get in the way of conception?

Would it be wiser to pause the peptides while we're actively trying to conceive, or is it totally fine for the male partner to continue taking them?

I'd like to hear your thoughts or experiences on this.

Thanks in advance!
Getting your wife pregnant should be possible, but you'll need some luck on your end.
My first thought was: HE WANTS TO GET PREGGOOO??

Once I finished reading, though, it made sense.

He wants to get preggo.

So OP, my suggestion would be kisspeptin (hornyyy), PT-141 (extra hornyyy), and, hmm... HCG, wasn't it? That one is meant to boost sperm production and make your balls bigger.

Enjoy!
 
RBIMCHAR said:


You are very funny. You should be doing stand up comedy instead of being here. Helped a lot with a serious discussion.

Click to expand...
There are already far too many people in the world who take themselves way too seriously, and your kid could inherit a genetic tendency toward that same trait.
 
While taking reta, I had a semen analysis done, and the results came back just as strong as the semen analysis I had before starting reta.
 
RBIMCHAR said:

Hey everyone,

My wife and I are in the middle of trying to conceive. Right now I'm on Retatrutide (Reta) along with Tesamorelin. In your opinion, are there any contraindications for men on these peptides that might get in the way of conception?

Would it be wiser to pause the peptides while we're actively trying to conceive, or is it totally fine for the male partner to continue taking them?

I'd like to hear your thoughts or experiences on this.

Thanks in advance!

As of now, no contraindications or adverse effects have been identified for fathers-to-be using these compounds around the time of conception.
 
dancs said:

RBIMCHAR said:

Hey everyone,

My wife and I are in the middle of trying to conceive. Right now I'm on Retatrutide (Reta) along with Tesamorelin. In your opinion, are there any contraindications for men on these peptides that might get in the way of conception?

Would it be wiser to pause the peptides while we're actively trying to conceive, or is it totally fine for the male partner to continue taking them?

I'd like to hear your thoughts or experiences on this.

Thanks in advance!

Rolltide61 said:

RBIMCHAR said:

Hey everyone,

My wife and I are in the middle of trying to conceive. Right now I'm on Retatrutide (Reta) along with Tesamorelin. In your opinion, are there any contraindications for men on these peptides that might get in the way of conception?

Would it be wiser to pause the peptides while we're actively trying to conceive, or is it totally fine for the male partner to continue taking them?

I'd like to hear your thoughts or experiences on this.

Thanks in advance!
Getting your wife pregnant should be possible, but you'll need some luck on your end.
My first thought was: HE WANTS TO GET PREGGOOO??

Once I finished reading, though, it made sense.

He wants to get preggo.

So OP, my suggestion would be kisspeptin (hornyyy), PT-141 (extra hornyyy), and, hmm... HCG, wasn't it? That one is meant to boost sperm production and make your balls bigger.

Enjoy!
When the aim is the best possible sperm quality, libido itself could be a contraindication, you know. In that case, an ED medication would be extremely practical. Not every sperm cell is the same. The majority are ordinary, with an ordinary head size and an ordinary tail length. Then you have the low-quality, highly motile kind with a small head and a long tail. The truly best ones, the ones you actually want, the ones with a fatter head, are the ones with low motility.
 
My count went from over 50 million up to above 200 million after using Enclo, Kisspeptin, and HCG. Motility and quality got better too.

The cumshot improvements are legit.
 
Rolltide61 said:


Joking? I'm dead fucking serious.

How long have you been trying? Has your wife been checked by a doctor and given the thumbs up? A lot of info missing here before pointing the finger at a peptide. Have you been checked because your reaction just screams low sperm count.

But I do wish you the best of luck. Everyone deserves the joy of a new baby so I hope your wife becomes pregnant very soon.

Click to expand...
That came out wrong — I'm not pointing fingers at any peptides. My wife and I are getting ready to start trying for a baby, and right now I'm taking Reta and Tesa. What I want to know is whether staying on these peptides while we're actively trying could cause an issue, or whether it's totally fine to keep using them.
 
wonttellyou said:

My count went from over 50 million up to above 200 million after using Enclo, Kisspeptin, and HCG. Motility and quality got better too.

The cumshot improvements are legit.
Pairing HMG with HCG appears to be the current trend everyone is talking about. I'm past that stage myself (well, close to it — I'm about to start covering a teenager's car insurance, so not entirely), but the younger crowd who need to get testicular function going again after heavy AAS use these days are strong advocates of that combination.
 
Back
Top