Is there any point in buying HCG at all?

Straffer

Explorer
Joined
May 4, 2025
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Netherlands
I wanted to give HCG monotherapy a go, so I ordered a 10 vial kit. Once reconstituted I put roughly 250 IUs onto a pregnancy test kit and the result came back negative (see image).

Assuming my source is on the level, I started wondering whether buying HCG might be a waste of money altogether. The internet tells me it's a very fragile protein and environmental factors damage it easily. Weather, freezing and thawing, and the flight could all denature it, I'd imagine. Has anyone else been through the same thing?





1da96dae523723cdd6db9eec828ca77edcd5628e2e495d4f9ef8093f5ca205fb.webp
 
A pregnancy test is no substitute for actual lab testing. HCG has been reconstituted by me more times than I can count, and I've never once treated it as fragile. Nothing ever made me doubt it. Mine also came from a 503a, which could be the whole explanation. Very recently I did order 2 kits from grey, so I'll find out soon enough whether it's the real deal.
 
Getting my blood tested for HCG would settle it with 99% certainty, I suppose. And that would cost me less than posting it off to janoshik.
 
Before the hcg, fill a glass to a measured level with water and dunk the boys in, then mark the line. Do the same afterwards and check whether the mark has moved higher
 
Straffer said:

I wanted to give HCG monotherapy a go, so I ordered a 10 vial kit. Once reconstituted I put roughly 250 IUs onto a pregnancy test kit and the result came back negative (see image).

Assuming my source is on the level, I started wondering whether buying HCG might be a waste of money altogether. The internet tells me it's a very fragile protein and environmental factors damage it easily. Weather, freezing and thawing, and the flight could all denature it, I'd imagine. Has anyone else been through the same thing?





View attachment 258
The HCG I've bought so far has never given me trouble, though I'll admit that only adds up to 2 kits.
 
Straffer said:

I wanted to give HCG monotherapy a go, so I ordered a 10 vial kit. Once reconstituted I put roughly 250 IUs onto a pregnancy test kit and the result came back negative (see image).

Assuming my source is on the level, I started wondering whether buying HCG might be a waste of money altogether. The internet tells me it's a very fragile protein and environmental factors damage it easily. Weather, freezing and thawing, and the flight could all denature it, I'd imagine. Has anyone else been through the same thing?





View attachment 258
Per Jano over at Meso, the dilution comes first:


https://thinksteroids.com/community/threads/hyb-fake-hcg.134433587/post-3661649


SnowyMiami said:


Pregnancy tests suck balls for testing HCG. I had a bunch of r-Hucog that couldn't pass and was freaking out. Then I did the process below and it passed easily.

janoshik said:

Try diluting 0.1 ml of HCG into 10-20 ml of water, stir it well THEN use pregnancy test.

Pregnancy tests are not built for amounts as massive as those in a vial of HCG, so they can (and often do) turn false negatives.

Click to expand...
How many iu of HCG Jano leaves unsaid. Given the Hook effect, that probably doesn't matter a great deal either:


https://www.clearblue.com/am-i-pregnant/what-is-hook-effect-in-pregnancy-test-result


the American Pregnancy Association says hCG levels can peak at around 288,000 mIU/ml during weeks 9-12. Still, that’s nowhere near the 500,000 mIU/ml or 1,000,000 mIU/ml experts say is needed to cause the hook effect in a pregnancy test.

Click to expand...

500,000 mIU/mL works out to 500 iu per mL. So the concentration presumably has to sit below that.

(If this pans out, it tells you HCG is present, but plainly says nothing about underfill or overfill.)
 
Calm Logic said:

Straffer said:

I wanted to give HCG monotherapy a go, so I ordered a 10 vial kit. Once reconstituted I put roughly 250 IUs onto a pregnancy test kit and the result came back negative (see image).

Assuming my source is on the level, I started wondering whether buying HCG might be a waste of money altogether. The internet tells me it's a very fragile protein and environmental factors damage it easily. Weather, freezing and thawing, and the flight could all denature it, I'd imagine. Has anyone else been through the same thing?





View attachment 258
Per Jano over at Meso, the dilution comes first:


https://thinksteroids.com/community/threads/hyb-fake-hcg.134433587/post-3661649


SnowyMiami said:


Pregnancy tests suck balls for testing HCG. I had a bunch of r-Hucog that couldn't pass and was freaking out. Then I did the process below and it passed easily.

janoshik said:

Try diluting 0.1 ml of HCG into 10-20 ml of water, stir it well THEN use pregnancy test.

Pregnancy tests are not built for amounts as massive as those in a vial of HCG, so they can (and often do) turn false negatives.

Click to expand...
How many iu of HCG Jano leaves unsaid. Given the Hook effect, that probably doesn't matter a great deal either:


https://www.clearblue.com/am-i-pregnant/what-is-hook-effect-in-pregnancy-test-result


the American Pregnancy Association says hCG levels can peak at around 288,000 mIU/ml during weeks 9-12. Still, that’s nowhere near the 500,000 mIU/ml or 1,000,000 mIU/ml experts say is needed to cause the hook effect in a pregnancy test.

Click to expand...

500,000 mIU/mL works out to 500 iu per mL. So the concentration presumably has to sit below that.

(If this pans out, it tells you HCG is present, but plainly says nothing about underfill or overfill.)
Ah, that's interesting. Tomorrow I'll give it a go. While I'm at it I might test my own urine too.

Thank you.
 
Google Gemini says:

For most over-the-counter home pregnancy tests, a concentration of 20 mIU/mL to 25 mIU/mL (milli-international units per milliliter) of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) in urine is the standard threshold required to produce a positive result.

Click to expand...

20 mIU/mL equals 0.025 IU/mL, so a positive result needs hardly any HCG at all, next to the enormous quantity of IUs sitting in a vial.
 
Straffer said:

I wanted to give HCG monotherapy a go, so I ordered a 10 vial kit. Once reconstituted I put roughly 250 IUs onto a pregnancy test kit and the result came back negative (see image).

Assuming my source is on the level, I started wondering whether buying HCG might be a waste of money altogether. The internet tells me it's a very fragile protein and environmental factors damage it easily. Weather, freezing and thawing, and the flight could all denature it, I'd imagine. Has anyone else been through the same thing?





View attachment 258
The grey HCG I have does the job. Fair point though — as a peptide I keep mine as powder at room temp. Unlike a lot of peptides, it doesn't go in the freezer.
 
Gt3294a said:

Straffer said:

I wanted to give HCG monotherapy a go, so I ordered a 10 vial kit. Once reconstituted I put roughly 250 IUs onto a pregnancy test kit and the result came back negative (see image).

Assuming my source is on the level, I started wondering whether buying HCG might be a waste of money altogether. The internet tells me it's a very fragile protein and environmental factors damage it easily. Weather, freezing and thawing, and the flight could all denature it, I'd imagine. Has anyone else been through the same thing?





View attachment 258
The grey HCG I have does the job. Fair point though — as a peptide I keep mine as powder at room temp. Unlike a lot of peptides, it doesn't go in the freezer.
Is room temp the right place for HCG before it's constituted? The vial I used on the pregnancy test kit never went into the freezer, but the remaining 9 vials did.
 
Straffer said:

Gt3294a said:

Straffer said:

I wanted to give HCG monotherapy a go, so I ordered a 10 vial kit. Once reconstituted I put roughly 250 IUs onto a pregnancy test kit and the result came back negative (see image).

Assuming my source is on the level, I started wondering whether buying HCG might be a waste of money altogether. The internet tells me it's a very fragile protein and environmental factors damage it easily. Weather, freezing and thawing, and the flight could all denature it, I'd imagine. Has anyone else been through the same thing?





View attachment 258
The grey HCG I have does the job. Fair point though — as a peptide I keep mine as powder at room temp. Unlike a lot of peptides, it doesn't go in the freezer.
Is room temp the right place for HCG before it's constituted? The vial I used on the pregnancy test kit never went into the freezer, but the remaining 9 vials did.
My understanding was always that unconstituted HCG belongs at room temperature rather than in a freezer, and that the fridge takes over once it's constituted. That said, my unconstituted HGH has always lived in the fridge. And Jano put a pile of old HGH through testing after it had sat out at room temperature for years, and the numbers came back pretty good. So I may be overestimating how fragile HCG actually is. Starting 30 years ago I ran PCT for a stretch and had it shipped internationally, and back then it worked perfectly well. So my suspicion is it's a touch more robust than we give it credit for.
 
So I tried it a second time and the result was perfectly fine. It had me a bit worried, since every other order from this vendor came through without problems. Thanks to everyone for the support and the information.

1a4dc1d01c1395011e8008b7f7c5aefa7a382472eb70e58e2f6f3725117ba79e.webp
 
Straffer said:

So I tried it a second time and the result was perfectly fine. It had me a bit worried, since every other order from this vendor came through without problems. Thanks to everyone for the support and the information.

View attachment 259
Testing with a pregnancy test is something I'd always heard about, but needing to dilute it is news to me! Learnt something. New every day.

After years of anabolics I put myself on hcg for 6 months and managed to get my wife pregnant. My gauge was always how much the ol nuggets had swelled up lol. Having LH and FSH checked in blood would be another route.
 
Straffer said:

So I tried it a second time and the result was perfectly fine. It had me a bit worried, since every other order from this vendor came through without problems. Thanks to everyone for the support and the information.

View attachment 259
The urine results haven't come in yet, haha.
 
Nattybynature said:

Straffer said:

So I tried it a second time and the result was perfectly fine. It had me a bit worried, since every other order from this vendor came through without problems. Thanks to everyone for the support and the information.

View attachment 259
Testing with a pregnancy test is something I'd always heard about, but needing to dilute it is news to me! Learnt something. New every day.

After years of anabolics I put myself on hcg for 6 months and managed to get my wife pregnant. My gauge was always how much the ol nuggets had swelled up lol. Having LH and FSH checked in blood would be another route.
Same here — across all my years on AAS, HCG was always part of pct and I never had trouble getting my wife pregnant. It's still in my TRT protocol today.
 
Calm Logic said:

Straffer said:

So I tried it a second time and the result was perfectly fine. It had me a bit worried, since every other order from this vendor came through without problems. Thanks to everyone for the support and the information.

View attachment 259
The urine results haven't come in yet, haha.
The second strip was tested with my own urine. 👍
 
Some HCG came to me from one of the Chinese marketplace vendors on here. White caps, clear case.

What exactly it is I can't say, but it's clearly doing something. Energy through the day is far better, and I've gone from once every three days to twice a day, plus morning ragers are back.

Monotherapy is 5 days in for me, 200IU IM each morning, insulin pin into the delt. 27 year old male.

Oh, and the ejaculate is whiter and there's more of it.
 
birdwhacker said:

Some HCG came to me from one of the Chinese marketplace vendors on here. White caps, clear case.

What exactly it is I can't say, but it's clearly doing something. Energy through the day is far better, and I've gone from once every three days to twice a day, plus morning ragers are back.

Monotherapy is 5 days in for me, 200IU IM each morning, insulin pin into the delt. 27 year old male.

Oh, and the ejaculate is whiter and there's more of it.
What's the argument against just going subq? You may as well save yourself the pain, no?
 
Straffer said:

birdwhacker said:

Some HCG came to me from one of the Chinese marketplace vendors on here. White caps, clear case.

What exactly it is I can't say, but it's clearly doing something. Energy through the day is far better, and I've gone from once every three days to twice a day, plus morning ragers are back.

Monotherapy is 5 days in for me, 200IU IM each morning, insulin pin into the delt. 27 year old male.

Oh, and the ejaculate is whiter and there's more of it.
What's the argument against just going subq? You may as well save yourself the pain, no?
Eh, the needle is the same either way, and the only pain comes as it breaks the skin
 
birdwhacker said:

Straffer said:

birdwhacker said:

Some HCG came to me from one of the Chinese marketplace vendors on here. White caps, clear case.

What exactly it is I can't say, but it's clearly doing something. Energy through the day is far better, and I've gone from once every three days to twice a day, plus morning ragers are back.

Monotherapy is 5 days in for me, 200IU IM each morning, insulin pin into the delt. 27 year old male.

Oh, and the ejaculate is whiter and there's more of it.
What's the argument against just going subq? You may as well save yourself the pain, no?
Eh, the needle is the same either way, and the only pain comes as it breaks the skin
trt is underway for me, and IM injections turned out to hurt less than subq. Both during the shot and after it.
 
Back
Top