Is There Any Advantage to Switching from Reta to Tirz?

Bhappy$

Explorer
Joined
May 12, 2026
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
Houston, Tx
I'm wondering what would work best for extended use. Right now I take 2.5 mg/week of reta, having begun in Jan 2026 (9 months). I've been stacking Reta, but I'm considering whether I should add tirz into the stack too. Are there people who already alternate between the two? From what I gather, tirz generally doesn't cause the heart rate elevation that Reta does. For micro dosing, which one would be better? Do most users share the same view on micro dosing? Thanks for any answers.
 
My goal is keeping BS and A1c within normal range. 46M here. At one stage my levels were extremely high, and that’s when I came across the advantages of fasting. (Type 2 didn’t creep up on me — I drank heavily.) I refused to accept that I had a progressive Type 2 diabetes disease. Back then my doctor was astonished; he’d never witnessed blood work improve so dramatically. Even while fasting, holding BS at 100 or below was a daily battle. Then tennis elbow hit, I could no longer work out, and after 5 years of abstinence I began drinking again. That’s when I discovered Reta. The absence of food noise is something I love — fasting had actually given me that too — but I’m getting older and need more support.
 
Stack

Up to the point where a single peptide emerges that can deliver what stacking does
 
More details would help. Are you troubled by the higher heart rate? Is reta giving you the results you’re after? Tirz suppresses appetite more strongly—would that help you or hurt you? Why not simply increase your reta dose instead? Is your liver in good shape?
 
Right now I’m running both Tirz and Reta together. Tirz was my starting point, and once I reached 15mg the weight was coming off. What caught my attention, though, were the longer-term metabolic and fat-burning advantages that Reta seems to offer, so I introduced it at .5mg. These days I’m at 2mg of Reta alongside 12mg of Tirz. My plan is to keep moving Reta upward, at least until 4mg, while lowering Tirz to whatever amount still keeps my appetite in check. A CGM helps me watch for hypoglycemia.
 
Are there additional diabetes drugs in the picture? That would shift the hypoglycemia risk profile, among other things.

With a drinking history plus type 2 diabetes, there's a good chance some level of MASLD is present. That makes liver function data useful. On the liver fat front, reta outperforms tirz, but there's still no proof it reverses fibrosis.

So maybe staying at higher reta doses makes more sense than layering in tirz?

What's the current weight? Any side effects?
 
Tirz gives me better appetite control and fewer side effects, yet Reta hits hard thanks to its glucagon activation. I run both together at moderate doses! Ultimately, the right pick comes down to your own goals and background!! If forced to pick just 1, I'd go with Tirzepatide—it's incredibly smooth while still delivering impressive results. And it's absolutely something I plan to stay on for long-term maintenance.
 
I use both together. Every week I take 4mg of Reta and 4mg of Tirz, each twice weekly. Reta goes on Mondays and Thursdays, while Tirz goes on Tuesdays and Fridays. I've lost 60lb and I'm close to my goal. Dropping weight is really tough for me now. At best it's about a pound a month. I'm also on TRT and Tesa, and I work out 6 days a week. Mostly cardio, but two days of weights.
 
Bhappy$ said:

I'm wondering what would work best for extended use. Right now I take 2.5 mg/week of reta, having begun in Jan 2026 (9 months). I've been stacking Reta, but I'm considering whether I should add tirz into the stack too. Are there people who already alternate between the two? From what I gather, tirz generally doesn't cause the heart rate elevation that Reta does. For micro dosing, which one would be better? Do most users share the same view on micro dosing? Thanks for any answers.
Your situation wasn't really spelled out. 2.5mg/week of reta is what you're taking. Have you hit your goal weight, are you still dropping, or is there some health target you're chasing? If the scale is still moving, leave it alone lol. Adding complexity to progress serves no purpose.

If maintenance is where you're at, my view is that Reta works well as a "tune up," so to speak, but long term it's likely not the best pick. Resting heart rate goes up, heart rate variability goes down, and worse sleep is reported by many. Much "cleaner" is how Tirz comes across.

Microdosing? Meaning several times a week, tiny amounts, or a combo? Use whatever dose gets you the results you want with the fewest side effects. Getting that from 2 doses of 1mg is great. Needing 2 doses of 5mg is also great.
 
Three days back, I completed the changeover. I halved my reta dose, and then waited 2 weeks before starting tirzepatide. My reta amount was just 2.5mg, yet even at half strength the impact carried through most of week 2.

What bothered me was the higher HR alongside lower HRV, and I figured Tirz could still get me where I want to go. Up to now, things look good: my appetite is being crushed, and my Garmin isn't complaining.
 
I've been wondering whether it's worth moving over to Tirz from Reta. My goal weight is now where I want it, and honestly, keeping up with Reta for maintenance feels a bit like driving a race car just to get to work.

At the dose I'm on, the two kits of reta20 I have on hand would last me 100 weeks, so any experiment on that front is probably a long way off.
 
Troposphere said:

I've been wondering whether it's worth moving over to Tirz from Reta. My goal weight is now where I want it, and honestly, keeping up with Reta for maintenance feels a bit like driving a race car just to get to work.

At the dose I'm on, the two kits of reta20 I have on hand would last me 100 weeks, so any experiment on that front is probably a long way off.
In my view, tirz and reta perform at roughly the same level — I'd call both of them 'race cars'... 😎

What's great about having amounts of each that mean 'not having to worry about it' is that there's no pressure to use up a vial or a kit before you switch to the other...Combining them makes the distinction even less clear...👍
 
Troposphere said:

I've been wondering whether it's worth moving over to Tirz from Reta. My goal weight is now where I want it, and honestly, keeping up with Reta for maintenance feels a bit like driving a race car just to get to work.

At the dose I'm on, the two kits of reta20 I have on hand would last me 100 weeks, so any experiment on that front is probably a long way off.
That's my plan too. I'll begin on Reta, then once I reach my target, I'll transition to Tirz for maintenance.
 
RandomCrew said:

Troposphere said:

I've been wondering whether it's worth moving over to Tirz from Reta. My goal weight is now where I want it, and honestly, keeping up with Reta for maintenance feels a bit like driving a race car just to get to work.

At the dose I'm on, the two kits of reta20 I have on hand would last me 100 weeks, so any experiment on that front is probably a long way off.
That's my plan too. I'll begin on Reta, then once I reach my target, I'll transition to Tirz for maintenance.
I'll probably take the same route — right now reta is what I'm using, and once I move into maintenance I expect to make the change to tirz. My worry is that tighter rules or some political push could send glp grey market prices through the roof or make buying harder. Based on what I've come across, tirz holds up well and lasts a long time, so for stacking over the long haul it seems like the stronger pick. On top of that it costs less, which clearly matters
 
Once I finish my current kit, I'll likely make the move from Reta over to Tirz. The reason is that Reta hasn't helped much with keeping my appetite in check. To address that, I brought Cagri into the mix. At this point I'm running 12mg of Reta alongside 2.5 of Cagri. Honestly, I'd prefer to cut costs and just take a single Tirz injection instead.
 
For me, Reta simply feels much better overall. I have less nausea, more energy, and the coldness is not as strong. With Tirz, I feel weak and sick, and it seems like I cannot eat anything. When I am on Reta, a very small amount of food is enough to make me feel full.
 
Shittersfull said:

More details would help. Are you troubled by the higher heart rate? Is reta giving you the results you’re after? Tirz suppresses appetite more strongly—would that help you or hurt you? Why not simply increase your reta dose instead? Is your liver in good shape?
My pulse is elevated. Without a doubt, Reta has assisted in shedding the extra weight I gained over the last few years. On Reta, I feel fantastic. Only recently have I begun trying to go to bed sooner, so I can handle the cortisol spike that hits at 3 am. I've also started preparing meals in advance and consuming more food. It amazes me how simple it is to overlook eating. For years I've been accustomed to skipping breakfast since I'm never hungry in the mornings, and I also enjoy fasting. Reta certainly kicks my body's afterburners into high gear. In any case, when there's no alcohol in my system, my sleeping heart rate comes in at 43 bpm. Right now it's 58.
 
You haven't actually spelled out much so far. From what you've said, reta seems to be doing exactly what you need. Have you hit your goal wieght yet? Or is there still wieght left to drop?

To me it looks like you've landed on something that works perfict — so what's the reason for changing?

Go back through every reply you've gotten and respond to each question. That way, the folks trying to help you will finally have what they need to actually do it.

From where I'm standing, you're asking to be spoon fead, and there are people here trying to spoon fead you. The problem is you aren't putting in enough effort to even be spoon fead.
 
Back
Top