Is the GHK-cu 'no sting means it's useless' claim actually backed by anything?

GirtxC

Explorer
Joined
Aug 1, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
Hey, I've just begun using GHK-CU subcutaneously. The vial is 100mg and I mixed it with 3ml of hospira. I can't name where it came from since I'm new here, though it is a vendor on this board.

Yesterday I did a test shot of 1mg into the right glute. Nothing stung, no reaction at all. Today I went straight to 2mg in the left glute. Again, no sting and no reaction.

Given that, does the widely repeated idea that 'if it doesn't sting it's no good' hold any water?
 
GirtxC said:

Hey, I've just begun using GHK-CU subcutaneously. The vial is 100mg and I mixed it with 3ml of hospira. I can't name where it came from since I'm new here, though it is a vendor on this board.

Yesterday I did a test shot of 1mg into the right glute. Nothing stung, no reaction at all. Today I went straight to 2mg in the left glute. Again, no sting and no reaction.

Given that, does the widely repeated idea that 'if it doesn't sting it's no good' hold any water?
That phrase is new to me....and off the top of my head, I can think of lots of compounds that are 'no good' and would likely sting as well... 😎

Still, like kitty pointed out, a sting isn't something everyone feels, and on top of that, the glute is usually the spot that stings the least...
 
Nope, a lack of stinging doesn't automatically mean the stuff is bunk. With GHK-Cu, the copper and the pH can cause a burning sensation in certain individuals, yet a lot of that comes down to how much you dilute it, the speed at which you inject, and the spot you choose, not a measure of purity. Having used GHK-Cu myself, I wouldn't take a burn as evidence one way or the other. What the reconstitution resembling copper peptide looks like, along with a COA that matches well, gives you a better read than whether your stomach area got irritated.
 
Quit hunting for excuses to skip testing your peptides and simply test them. Judging by the vial alone, waiting for a particular reaction, or going by how it reconstitutes won't give you certainty. Testing it is the only real method to find out what's actually inside.
 
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the replies. By the way, a vial was already headed off for testing — I simply got eager and felt like giving it a go. I doubt that's anything out of the ordinary.
 
I won't use anything until I've seen lab results. Back when I was new I did, simply because I lacked the knowledge. That mindset got corrected pretty fast thanks to this forum and one other.
 
GirtxC said:

Hey, I've just begun using GHK-CU subcutaneously. The vial is 100mg and I mixed it with 3ml of hospira. I can't name where it came from since I'm new here, though it is a vendor on this board.

Yesterday I did a test shot of 1mg into the right glute. Nothing stung, no reaction at all. Today I went straight to 2mg in the left glute. Again, no sting and no reaction.

Given that, does the widely repeated idea that 'if it doesn't sting it's no good' hold any water?
There's nothing to it. My wife says it hurts, while I feel nothing at all. Even so, it does more for me than it does for her.
 
For me it comes down to where I pin. More fat is preferable. Letting it warm up first also appears to help.
 
GirtxC said:

Hey, I've just begun using GHK-CU subcutaneously. The vial is 100mg and I mixed it with 3ml of hospira. I can't name where it came from since I'm new here, though it is a vendor on this board.

Yesterday I did a test shot of 1mg into the right glute. Nothing stung, no reaction at all. Today I went straight to 2mg in the left glute. Again, no sting and no reaction.

Given that, does the widely repeated idea that 'if it doesn't sting it's no good' hold any water?
Nothing stings me — not GHK, not Motsc — whether I pin my glutes or the ventro glute spot, so the location is likely the reason. Give the belly or your shoulders a shot and see how it goes.

That said, like other people mentioned, it could simply be that the sting doesn't affect you…and that works in your favor!
 
HolyTrinity said:

Nothing stings me — not GHK, not Motsc — whether I pin my glutes or the ventro glute spot, so the location is likely the reason. Give the belly or your shoulders a shot and see how it goes.

That said, like other people mentioned, it could simply be that the sting doesn't affect you…and that works in your favor!
Same here. My KLOW goes into the upper right thigh, and MOTS-c into the upper left thigh. Neither spot gives me any trouble.
 
Back
Top