Is retatrutide actually doing anything for me?

dandam

Explorer
Joined
Dec 26, 2025
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Location
Rome
I can’t tell whether retatrutide is having any effect in my case.

At this point I’m injecting 7 mg each week, since smaller doses didn’t seem to do much. As things stand, I manage roughly two slices of bread with salami and a pear.

Would you say that suggests it’s working? What amount can you eat while using it?
 
What’s your time on it so far? Compared with when you began, is your appetite lower? Any weight gone? Any shift in your resting pulse? Did the batch come from a supplier with a good reputation, and was it tested? None of us can say if it’s working for you — reactions vary from person to person.
 
Adding my own experience here: I've been using 4mg of Reta for close to a month, and sticking to my diet is still really hard right now. I'm fairly confident the stuff is legit, since I've got every side effect that people report with Reta (sensitive skin, trouble sleeping, anxiety, heart racing), yet almost no reduction in appetite. It makes me so envious when I see folks posting things like "this is pure magic, 2mg and food doesn't even cross my mind. Actually I have to remind myself to eat or I'd forget lol." Looks like my only option is to raise the dose and see what happens. I also picked up some Sema+Cagri vials as a backup.

I can’t tell whether retatrutide is having any effect in my case.

At this point I’m injecting 7 mg each week, since smaller doses didn’t seem to do much. As things stand, I manage roughly two slices of bread with salami and a pear.

Would you say that suggests it’s working? What amount can you eat while using it?
At 1200kcal I'm feeling fairly full these days, but my weight hasn't budged in 3 weeks. I'm at 170, so there's no way that's my new TDEE... and if it is, that's just awful. Reading other people's stories online made my hopes for this drug skyrocket; I never thought it would be this difficult. Who else plateaus at week 2? fml.
 
It makes sense that you’re questioning whether it’s doing anything — many folks picture a huge, unmistakable shift immediately, yet the change tends to creep in for a lot of people. What you’re describing doesn’t sound unusual at all. Being content after a smaller portion is itself a hint that something could be beginning to shift, even when it doesn’t feel like much yet.

These medications usually ramp up gradually, and that intense “full” feeling doesn’t show up for everyone. Early indicators can be subtle differences in hunger or serving sizes.

Reaching out to others is exactly the right move. You’re certainly not the only one, and slow progress is perfectly fine. You’re headed in the right direction.
 
Reta won’t wipe out your hunger or turn the idea of eating into something nauseating the way tirz and sema can, which means you have to be stricter about what you eat. If things still feel hard, get your A1C and fasting glucose tested; when those numbers aren’t on the lower end of the normal range, stack tirz at 5-7.5 per week alongside it.
 
dandam said:

I can’t tell whether retatrutide is having any effect in my case.

At this point I’m injecting 7 mg each week, since smaller doses didn’t seem to do much. As things stand, I manage roughly two slices of bread with salami and a pear.

Would you say that suggests it’s working? What amount can you eat while using it?
With Reta, adding movement matters too. Start small — a walk, a swim, anything you like — and build up slowly, perhaps only 2 or 3 sessions weekly at first. Later, you can shift toward resistance training so you gain muscle mass; even a modest increase in muscle means your body burns more fat while you are at rest.

Include fruit, vegetables, fibre, and protein as well.

For me, GLPs are a tool that supports healthier choices, and they help me stay focused on eating better foods and using more energy.

Best of luck on your journey🙂
 
deleted.user.16 said:

Adding my own experience here: I've been using 4mg of Reta for close to a month, and sticking to my diet is still really hard right now. I'm fairly confident the stuff is legit, since I've got every side effect that people report with Reta (sensitive skin, trouble sleeping, anxiety, heart racing), yet almost no reduction in appetite. It makes me so envious when I see folks posting things like "this is pure magic, 2mg and food doesn't even cross my mind. Actually I have to remind myself to eat or I'd forget lol." Looks like my only option is to raise the dose and see what happens. I also picked up some Sema+Cagri vials as a backup.

I can’t tell whether retatrutide is having any effect in my case.

At this point I’m injecting 7 mg each week, since smaller doses didn’t seem to do much. As things stand, I manage roughly two slices of bread with salami and a pear.

Would you say that suggests it’s working? What amount can you eat while using it?
At 1200kcal I'm feeling fairly full these days, but my weight hasn't budged in 3 weeks. I'm at 170, so there's no way that's my new TDEE... and if it is, that's just awful. Reading other people's stories online made my hopes for this drug skyrocket; I never thought it would be this difficult. Who else plateaus at week 2? fml.
Would tirzepatide be an option you'd look into? From what I've gone through, plus what I've heard from other people who've used reta, it appears to come with a greater number of side effects.
 
I used to take tirzepatide and was in maintenance mode (averaging 4 mg weekly), then I wanted to give reta a shot. I picked up a single 10 mg vial. My plan was to begin at 2.5 mg and add a smaller tirzepatide dose on top (also 2.5 mg). My hunger came roaring back almost completely, so I ended up eating well past 1500+ kcal (reverse dieting), yet somehow my weight dropped. Honestly I'm not thrilled because I'm already too skinny 🤣🤣🤣 (female, 41 , 174cm and barely 53 kg), but in my case reta clearly increases calorie burn — that's just a fact.
 
tendency said:

deleted.user.16 said:

Adding my own experience here: I've been using 4mg of Reta for close to a month, and sticking to my diet is still really hard right now. I'm fairly confident the stuff is legit, since I've got every side effect that people report with Reta (sensitive skin, trouble sleeping, anxiety, heart racing), yet almost no reduction in appetite. It makes me so envious when I see folks posting things like "this is pure magic, 2mg and food doesn't even cross my mind. Actually I have to remind myself to eat or I'd forget lol." Looks like my only option is to raise the dose and see what happens. I also picked up some Sema+Cagri vials as a backup.

I can’t tell whether retatrutide is having any effect in my case.

At this point I’m injecting 7 mg each week, since smaller doses didn’t seem to do much. As things stand, I manage roughly two slices of bread with salami and a pear.

Would you say that suggests it’s working? What amount can you eat while using it?
At 1200kcal I'm feeling fairly full these days, but my weight hasn't budged in 3 weeks. I'm at 170, so there's no way that's my new TDEE... and if it is, that's just awful. Reading other people's stories online made my hopes for this drug skyrocket; I never thought it would be this difficult. Who else plateaus at week 2? fml.
Would tirzepatide be an option you'd look into? From what I've gone through, plus what I've heard from other people who've used reta, it appears to come with a greater number of side effects.

I appreciate the advice. Switching over to Tirz is something I've been considering. But since I still have 9 vials I've already spent money on, and I do appear to be consuming less even if my weight hasn't budged, I'll stick with Reta a bit longer lol.
 
dandam said:

I can’t tell whether retatrutide is having any effect in my case.

At this point I’m injecting 7 mg each week, since smaller doses didn’t seem to do much. As things stand, I manage roughly two slices of bread with salami and a pear.

Would you say that suggests it’s working? What amount can you eat while using it?
What's the number on the scale, and as someone already asked, what's your time on it so far?
 
To really get a handle on your situation and give any kind of useful take, I'd need the 5W's about your circumstances. That said, it does sound like your hunger has gone down. What's the scale or your measurements telling you? One thing I've found is that pairing this with resistance training, cardio, or any kind of workout routine really pays off.
 
Back
Top