Is my rate of weight loss too aggressive?

TxUt777

Explorer
Joined
Mar 31, 2026
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
Rural Utah
Reta was started by me 4 weeks and 3 days back. Before beginning, my weight was 326. My starting dose was half mg, then each week I raised it by a half MG, and for the time being I've chosen to remain at 2mg. When I stepped on the scale today, I! 'm at 301.8 lbs! That caught me off guard. Avoiding the scale has been my habit since those 3## numbers feel so discouraging. My shirts are fitting looser and I've had to cinch my belt tighter (though it's stretchy, so tightening it is a constant thing), yet seeing that number today was still unexpected.... I had thought about increasing by a half MG, but I'll stay at my current dose and keep watching things.

On top of that, I'm running a pep stack that's helped me stay consistent with lifting and cardio, and I pay close attention to protein, carbs, hydration, and supplements. Side effects have been minimal (I get 6 hours of sleep a night, then I'm awake with steady energy all day, and now and then I get small burps). People always advise going slow, and that was my aim, spending a month to get to the starting trial dose as a big man... I'm feeling excited yet also careful. Is this normal? If weight is dropping this fast, am I putting anything at risk? Muscle loss is my biggest worry. I do strength training (and now intend to add more of it, since I've been leaning heavily on cardio)
 
when you first cut calories hard, a huge chunk of what comes off is glycogen and water, so i wouldn't call it "too fast." odds are about half of that came off in week 1. with that stage behind you, the scale will move slower, but what you're losing now is more "real" — actual bodyfat rather than water and glycogen. keep up the good work! if things slow way down, don't let it get you down. as your total lbs go down, the pounds lost will shrink, but the % stays the same. say you eventually get down to losing something like 1/4th of a pound much later on — that's still the same % loss as when you weighed more.

on a personal note, i'd say stay at whatever dose IS giving you weightloss. even if it's less than you want, only bump it up if you've been stalled for more than like 2-3 weeks.

again great job!
 
bbilly is right about this. For a good number of us the pounds fall away, particularly at the start. My own first week took off 15lbs... much of it water and inflammation clearing out. Congrats.
 
Worth keeping in mind: natural GH, and peptide driven GH too, needs sleep. When you are dropping a lot of weight and training at the same time, plenty of sleep is what lets you hold onto lean mass.
 
Back
Top