Is It Worth Keeping an Epi Pen Around During Research?

DJ _Yus

Explorer
Joined
May 26, 2026
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
SoCal
Lately I've come across an increasing number of reports about people who, over time, start reacting allergically to particular compounds. That made me wonder whether keeping an epi pen nearby might be sensible going forward.

From what I understand, epi pens usually carry a hefty price tag. So for those of you who keep one on hand, did it cost a lot and was it difficult to get?

Does the peace of mind justify it?
 
Does it make sense to keep something nearby that might save your life?

That's not something I can decide for you.

I have one. The prescription ran 40€ and the pen itself 80€. 120€ total for reassurance and a potential lifesaver seems reasonable to me - especially considering I spent 700€ on white powder from China.
 
There's always one in my home. If you tell your insurer you're allergic to bee stings, they'll pay for them.
 
You might be able to find one for a low price on India Mart. Still, it could be wise to also pick up an EpiPen, in case the Indian version causes any reactions.
 
Since I'm allergic to bees, I keep one nearby. It makes me really happy whenever I begin a new pep.
 
Back
Top