Is anything coming out of China moving slower right now?

Flash-BCR said:

skaylife said:

Flash-BCR said:

spanky2026 said:

My second ERP order is stuck in exactly this. The first one behaved, landed fast. This time the shipment out of US Warehouse A (Portland, as I understand it) got a label created and has not budged since. It has been long enough that my suspicion is it was never actually stocked, and a China restock is what everyone is waiting on. Asking about it produced silence.
A few ERP US warehouse orders under my belt, and the only time I relax is once the tracking actually starts tracking…
Could live tracking itself be the unsafe part? A tracking number alone is enough proof for you, should it never turn up.
My point was about a shipping delay possibly signalling that the US warehouse has nothing on hand and CN is where it ships from instead
From what I can tell, a China order is far safer than a US warehouse order moved by USPS. Are not far more parcels lost in the USPS system than the ones coming out of China??
 
skaylife said:

Flash-BCR said:

skaylife said:

Flash-BCR said:

spanky2026 said:

My second ERP order is stuck in exactly this. The first one behaved, landed fast. This time the shipment out of US Warehouse A (Portland, as I understand it) got a label created and has not budged since. It has been long enough that my suspicion is it was never actually stocked, and a China restock is what everyone is waiting on. Asking about it produced silence.
A few ERP US warehouse orders under my belt, and the only time I relax is once the tracking actually starts tracking…
Could live tracking itself be the unsafe part? A tracking number alone is enough proof for you, should it never turn up.
My point was about a shipping delay possibly signalling that the US warehouse has nothing on hand and CN is where it ships from instead
From what I can tell, a China order is far safer than a US warehouse order moved by USPS. Are not far more parcels lost in the USPS system than the ones coming out of China??
?? Where is the evidence for that?
 
spanky2026 said:

skaylife said:

Flash-BCR said:

skaylife said:

Flash-BCR said:

spanky2026 said:

My second ERP order is stuck in exactly this. The first one behaved, landed fast. This time the shipment out of US Warehouse A (Portland, as I understand it) got a label created and has not budged since. It has been long enough that my suspicion is it was never actually stocked, and a China restock is what everyone is waiting on. Asking about it produced silence.
A few ERP US warehouse orders under my belt, and the only time I relax is once the tracking actually starts tracking…
Could live tracking itself be the unsafe part? A tracking number alone is enough proof for you, should it never turn up.
My point was about a shipping delay possibly signalling that the US warehouse has nothing on hand and CN is where it ships from instead
From what I can tell, a China order is far safer than a US warehouse order moved by USPS. Are not far more parcels lost in the USPS system than the ones coming out of China??
?? Where is the evidence for that?
I keep running into threads full of complaints — parcels lost, deliveries dragging on, tracking records tracing a package all over the US.

A government-run postal service is always going to be a mess. The Eu has a new customs fee in play: a 3 euro charge payable for every kind of item ordered from outside the EU. Just recently the Belgian post billed someone 35 euro to declare a 3 euro package. After collecting the 35 euro they still sent it to customs for inspection. Not my parcel — another Belgian member here. It held bac water from India. He is still waiting
 
skaylife said:

spanky2026 said:

skaylife said:

Flash-BCR said:

skaylife said:

Flash-BCR said:

spanky2026 said:

My second ERP order is stuck in exactly this. The first one behaved, landed fast. This time the shipment out of US Warehouse A (Portland, as I understand it) got a label created and has not budged since. It has been long enough that my suspicion is it was never actually stocked, and a China restock is what everyone is waiting on. Asking about it produced silence.
A few ERP US warehouse orders under my belt, and the only time I relax is once the tracking actually starts tracking…
Could live tracking itself be the unsafe part? A tracking number alone is enough proof for you, should it never turn up.
My point was about a shipping delay possibly signalling that the US warehouse has nothing on hand and CN is where it ships from instead
From what I can tell, a China order is far safer than a US warehouse order moved by USPS. Are not far more parcels lost in the USPS system than the ones coming out of China??
?? Where is the evidence for that?
I keep running into threads full of complaints — parcels lost, deliveries dragging on, tracking records tracing a package all over the US.

A government-run postal service is always going to be a mess. The Eu has a new customs fee in play: a 3 euro charge payable for every kind of item ordered from outside the EU. Just recently the Belgian post billed someone 35 euro to declare a 3 euro package. After collecting the 35 euro they still sent it to customs for inspection. Not my parcel — another Belgian member here. It held bac water from India. He is still waiting
Lol, endless waits, parcels wandering around the country, no updates on where anything is....sadly that is simply USPS these days, and it has nothing to do with the contents. In my experience an actually lost package is a mercifully rare thing. I am NO defender of USPS, yet by and large anything handed to them does arrive. Eventually.
 
skaylife said:

Flash-BCR said:

skaylife said:

Flash-BCR said:

spanky2026 said:

My second ERP order is stuck in exactly this. The first one behaved, landed fast. This time the shipment out of US Warehouse A (Portland, as I understand it) got a label created and has not budged since. It has been long enough that my suspicion is it was never actually stocked, and a China restock is what everyone is waiting on. Asking about it produced silence.
A few ERP US warehouse orders under my belt, and the only time I relax is once the tracking actually starts tracking…
Could live tracking itself be the unsafe part? A tracking number alone is enough proof for you, should it never turn up.
My point was about a shipping delay possibly signalling that the US warehouse has nothing on hand and CN is where it ships from instead
From what I can tell, a China order is far safer than a US warehouse order moved by USPS. Are not far more parcels lost in the USPS system than the ones coming out of China??
Plenty of people here refuse anything shipped from CN, speed aside…Some hold Global Entry and professional credentials, and a customs seizure on their record is not a risk they can carry, so CN orders are off the table entirely…The real problem is a US order quietly becoming a CN order without them knowing…
 
skaylife said:

spanky2026 said:

skaylife said:

Flash-BCR said:

skaylife said:

Flash-BCR said:

spanky2026 said:

My second ERP order is stuck in exactly this. The first one behaved, landed fast. This time the shipment out of US Warehouse A (Portland, as I understand it) got a label created and has not budged since. It has been long enough that my suspicion is it was never actually stocked, and a China restock is what everyone is waiting on. Asking about it produced silence.
A few ERP US warehouse orders under my belt, and the only time I relax is once the tracking actually starts tracking…
Could live tracking itself be the unsafe part? A tracking number alone is enough proof for you, should it never turn up.
My point was about a shipping delay possibly signalling that the US warehouse has nothing on hand and CN is where it ships from instead
From what I can tell, a China order is far safer than a US warehouse order moved by USPS. Are not far more parcels lost in the USPS system than the ones coming out of China??
?? Where is the evidence for that?
I keep running into threads full of complaints — parcels lost, deliveries dragging on, tracking records tracing a package all over the US.

A government-run postal service is always going to be a mess. The Eu has a new customs fee in play: a 3 euro charge payable for every kind of item ordered from outside the EU. Just recently the Belgian post billed someone 35 euro to declare a 3 euro package. After collecting the 35 euro they still sent it to customs for inspection. Not my parcel — another Belgian member here. It held bac water from India. He is still waiting
Those USPS stories do the rounds, yet in 59 years not one package of mine has gone missing. I have a lot delivered for various reasons and my business has used them too.

Customs is a different story — they have seized one on me.

Once a parcel is inside the US system, the odds of it reaching you are comfortably 99%+.
 
Flash-BCR said:

skaylife said:

Flash-BCR said:

skaylife said:

Flash-BCR said:

spanky2026 said:

My second ERP order is stuck in exactly this. The first one behaved, landed fast. This time the shipment out of US Warehouse A (Portland, as I understand it) got a label created and has not budged since. It has been long enough that my suspicion is it was never actually stocked, and a China restock is what everyone is waiting on. Asking about it produced silence.
A few ERP US warehouse orders under my belt, and the only time I relax is once the tracking actually starts tracking…
Could live tracking itself be the unsafe part? A tracking number alone is enough proof for you, should it never turn up.
My point was about a shipping delay possibly signalling that the US warehouse has nothing on hand and CN is where it ships from instead
From what I can tell, a China order is far safer than a US warehouse order moved by USPS. Are not far more parcels lost in the USPS system than the ones coming out of China??
Plenty of people here refuse anything shipped from CN, speed aside…Some hold Global Entry and professional credentials, and a customs seizure on their record is not a risk they can carry, so CN orders are off the table entirely…The real problem is a US order quietly becoming a CN order without them knowing…
You are absoletly right. A package bought from a USA warehouse should never end up routed to China, and vendors who do that need to go. My reaction came from the sheer number of compaint posts about USPS that I keep seeing. Beyond that, I do not live in the USA, so how it really works is beyond me.
 
spanky2026 said:

skaylife said:

spanky2026 said:

skaylife said:

Flash-BCR said:

skaylife said:

Flash-BCR said:

spanky2026 said:

My second ERP order is stuck in exactly this. The first one behaved, landed fast. This time the shipment out of US Warehouse A (Portland, as I understand it) got a label created and has not budged since. It has been long enough that my suspicion is it was never actually stocked, and a China restock is what everyone is waiting on. Asking about it produced silence.
A few ERP US warehouse orders under my belt, and the only time I relax is once the tracking actually starts tracking…
Could live tracking itself be the unsafe part? A tracking number alone is enough proof for you, should it never turn up.
My point was about a shipping delay possibly signalling that the US warehouse has nothing on hand and CN is where it ships from instead
From what I can tell, a China order is far safer than a US warehouse order moved by USPS. Are not far more parcels lost in the USPS system than the ones coming out of China??
?? Where is the evidence for that?
I keep running into threads full of complaints — parcels lost, deliveries dragging on, tracking records tracing a package all over the US.

A government-run postal service is always going to be a mess. The Eu has a new customs fee in play: a 3 euro charge payable for every kind of item ordered from outside the EU. Just recently the Belgian post billed someone 35 euro to declare a 3 euro package. After collecting the 35 euro they still sent it to customs for inspection. Not my parcel — another Belgian member here. It held bac water from India. He is still waiting
Lol, endless waits, parcels wandering around the country, no updates on where anything is....sadly that is simply USPS these days, and it has nothing to do with the contents. In my experience an actually lost package is a mercifully rare thing. I am NO defender of USPS, yet by and large anything handed to them does arrive. Eventually.
YES! mine bounced Philly, Trenton, Philly, Trenton... and I just sat there wondering what on earth they were up to. Hot Pep-tato game
 
bamagirl26 said:

spanky2026 said:

skaylife said:

spanky2026 said:

skaylife said:

Flash-BCR said:

skaylife said:

Flash-BCR said:

spanky2026 said:

My second ERP order is stuck in exactly this. The first one behaved, landed fast. This time the shipment out of US Warehouse A (Portland, as I understand it) got a label created and has not budged since. It has been long enough that my suspicion is it was never actually stocked, and a China restock is what everyone is waiting on. Asking about it produced silence.
A few ERP US warehouse orders under my belt, and the only time I relax is once the tracking actually starts tracking…
Could live tracking itself be the unsafe part? A tracking number alone is enough proof for you, should it never turn up.
My point was about a shipping delay possibly signalling that the US warehouse has nothing on hand and CN is where it ships from instead
From what I can tell, a China order is far safer than a US warehouse order moved by USPS. Are not far more parcels lost in the USPS system than the ones coming out of China??
?? Where is the evidence for that?
I keep running into threads full of complaints — parcels lost, deliveries dragging on, tracking records tracing a package all over the US.

A government-run postal service is always going to be a mess. The Eu has a new customs fee in play: a 3 euro charge payable for every kind of item ordered from outside the EU. Just recently the Belgian post billed someone 35 euro to declare a 3 euro package. After collecting the 35 euro they still sent it to customs for inspection. Not my parcel — another Belgian member here. It held bac water from India. He is still waiting
Lol, endless waits, parcels wandering around the country, no updates on where anything is....sadly that is simply USPS these days, and it has nothing to do with the contents. In my experience an actually lost package is a mercifully rare thing. I am NO defender of USPS, yet by and large anything handed to them does arrive. Eventually.
YES! mine bounced Philly, Trenton, Philly, Trenton... and I just sat there wondering what on earth they were up to. Hot Pep-tato game

Agreed, USPS has gone completely odd. One parcel of mine entered via FL, headed to TX, stopped in every state around mine, returned to TX, and only then reached me. It must have passed over my head at least twice. Seriously.... wtf?
 
Since the CNY everything has slid downhill. My guess is the demand simply outgrew them. Hence the bad products going out and the slow shipping. I am holding off to see whether it settles. For now I have plenty of what I actually need. Around October is the earliest I would order again. And any vendor shipping via USPS is off my list for good — nobody is worse at it.
 
Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

skaylife said:

Flash-BCR said:

skaylife said:

Flash-BCR said:

spanky2026 said:

My second ERP order is stuck in exactly this. The first one behaved, landed fast. This time the shipment out of US Warehouse A (Portland, as I understand it) got a label created and has not budged since. It has been long enough that my suspicion is it was never actually stocked, and a China restock is what everyone is waiting on. Asking about it produced silence.
A few ERP US warehouse orders under my belt, and the only time I relax is once the tracking actually starts tracking…
Could live tracking itself be the unsafe part? A tracking number alone is enough proof for you, should it never turn up.
My point was about a shipping delay possibly signalling that the US warehouse has nothing on hand and CN is where it ships from instead
From what I can tell, a China order is far safer than a US warehouse order moved by USPS. Are not far more parcels lost in the USPS system than the ones coming out of China??
Around here USPS is excellent. Our carrier has not changed in years.
Right? Service here is great…my only gripe is this time of year, making sure nothing bakes too long out in the mailbox…
Nothing but facts here, Flashbulb.
 
A grape buy organizer I keep an eye on shared a rather nifty calendar covering the next four months, each day colour-coded green/yellow/red by expected shipping speed. Chinese public holidays spanning several days, when nothing moves at all. Christmas season wholesale and retail volume into the US and much of the world, stretched out. And so on.

I doubt I am at liberty to repost that calendar here, but it is worth thinking through whenever you order from China.

On top of all that, next year brings the Tete/Spring Festival — a notoriously bad window for placing orders. It also seems to be the moment CN authorities stage their annual big biz-ending busts of vendors and warehouses over there.
 
Troposphere said:

AlexSilver said:

Troposphere said:

AlexSilver said:

bamagirl26 said:

spanky2026 said:

skaylife said:

spanky2026 said:

skaylife said:

Flash-BCR said:

skaylife said:

Flash-BCR said:

spanky2026 said:

My second ERP order is stuck in exactly this. The first one behaved, landed fast. This time the shipment out of US Warehouse A (Portland, as I understand it) got a label created and has not budged since. It has been long enough that my suspicion is it was never actually stocked, and a China restock is what everyone is waiting on. Asking about it produced silence.
A few ERP US warehouse orders under my belt, and the only time I relax is once the tracking actually starts tracking…
Could live tracking itself be the unsafe part? A tracking number alone is enough proof for you, should it never turn up.
My point was about a shipping delay possibly signalling that the US warehouse has nothing on hand and CN is where it ships from instead
From what I can tell, a China order is far safer than a US warehouse order moved by USPS. Are not far more parcels lost in the USPS system than the ones coming out of China??
?? Where is the evidence for that?
I keep running into threads full of complaints — parcels lost, deliveries dragging on, tracking records tracing a package all over the US.

A government-run postal service is always going to be a mess. The Eu has a new customs fee in play: a 3 euro charge payable for every kind of item ordered from outside the EU. Just recently the Belgian post billed someone 35 euro to declare a 3 euro package. After collecting the 35 euro they still sent it to customs for inspection. Not my parcel — another Belgian member here. It held bac water from India. He is still waiting
Lol, endless waits, parcels wandering around the country, no updates on where anything is....sadly that is simply USPS these days, and it has nothing to do with the contents. In my experience an actually lost package is a mercifully rare thing. I am NO defender of USPS, yet by and large anything handed to them does arrive. Eventually.
YES! mine bounced Philly, Trenton, Philly, Trenton... and I just sat there wondering what on earth they were up to. Hot Pep-tato game

Agreed, USPS has gone completely odd. One parcel of mine entered via FL, headed to TX, stopped in every state around mine, returned to TX, and only then reached me. It must have passed over my head at least twice. Seriously.... wtf?
Between 2020-2025 the office of Postmaster General was filled by someone pretty terrible.

Barely 4 months have passed since then.
2020-2025 is a five year stretch in which the man wrecked the USPS. How is it not obvious that this began 6 years ago?

I am nothing more than a research rat. Very little of it sticks, and anything shiny pulls me off course.
 
Back
Top