Is Anyone Combining Reta and Tirz?

brah389 said:


Thanks less than half. You hit the nail on the head about specifics. I did find some results on GLP-1's. Shoot, my wife's doctor suspend her Ozempic 2 weeks prior and 2 weeks after her surgery but that was for a gall bladder and she takes it for diabetes. I suffered a compound fracture in my right leg just above the ankle. Tibia shattered and pooped 4 inches out of me leg, fibula snapped and I sheared my tibial nerve. I was 6'7" and 275lbs and lived in the gym 5-6 days a week and swam, stair climbed often. This happened in June 2025 and was non weight bearing for 16 weeks. Im now 340 lbs and had another surgery yesterday to install a larger bolt in my leg and bone graft for a non-union and non-weight bearing again for 8-12 weeks. But, I do have access to scholary articles through a university that you suggested. Im motivated to get in there and find out so I can get in there and get this weight off but not stop the healing process. I appreciate you! Attached photos from first surgery...when I do things, I do them big!

Click to expand...
I went back and skimmed a few more of the studies — there are plenty of them, and the findings still conflict quite a bit. One paper reports elevated non union rates following surgical repair of lower leg fractures among GLP users, which lines up oddly well with your situation, so that seems like enough reason to hold off on them around and after the fracture until healing has begun. On the other hand, multiple large studies report markedly fewer complications and later readmissions following elective procedures such as knee replacements, and hernia repairs in particular. Beyond that, lots of studies point to improved outcomes for diabetics on GLP's across many kinds of surgery. And after bariatric surgery — and likely any other surgery — people on GLP's appear less prone to becoming addicted to painkillers.

This really seems like something where you'd want to hear what the surgeon thinks; even if they aren't caught up on the newest research, it's usually wiser not to irritate your surgeon.

The fracture sounds absolutely horrific, with the bone poking out 4 inches!. That's definitely a thank god for modern medicine kind of problem, even if it is taking a while to get sorted out.
 
attcbf said:

Griffwisha said:

I do! My routine used to be Reta 2mg on day 1 and Tirz 2mg on day 4. Since Reta boosts my appetite and gives me stronger sweet cravings, I’ve switched to Reta 2mg, with a bit of Tirz every other week or so to help with appetite and inflammation. Cag was something I tested, but it didn’t suit me.
I used to take Tirz at 15mg, and these days I'm on reta 1mg dosed every three days. I'd like to bring Tirz back into the mix, since Reta by itself hasn't given me anything good or bad so far — other than demolishing a full bag of chips during the days between pins.😣

Your switch was from 15mg Tirz down to roughly 2mg Reta. Why not increase the Reta amount instead? Dropping from what counts as a maximum dose to below a starting dose, then expecting it to work, isn't logical.
 
Replying to the post above and attcbf

Moving from 15mg tirz to at least 5 or 6 mg reta ought to be fine, and that’s still playing it safe. No official guidance exists for switching between tirz and reta, but when it comes to gastrointestinal side effects—the most frequent complaint—15mg tirz is roughly on par with 8 to 10mg reta.

Once you’ve dropped a fair bit of weight, halting 15mg tirz and switching to a minuscule reta dose will leave you extremely hungry.

If heart disease and diabetes aren’t in the picture, you could simply try 6mg reta and watch for side effects. Experiencing worse side effects than you had on 15mg tirz would take a lot of bad luck, though it’s not out of the question.

For those who can wait, a slow, cautious ramp is the safest route and produces the fewest side effects. But if binge eating and gaining 10kg within a few weeks is a concern, jump straight to 6mg. With no side effects, add another 2mg after 2 or 3 days; if still nothing, repeat, and within a week you’re at 10mg with a fairly low chance of surprise prolonged side effects. At 10mg you may need to keep dosing twice weekly and let your body adjust, but once that dose sits well, you can gradually move back to once a week. I’m only floating this because you already handled 15mg tirz without issue. Trying this without any prior GLP experience could be extremely unpleasant. And it presumes 15mg tirz didn’t give you many side effects.

The weekly dose is simply the total of doses across a week—just ensure it stays under 10 or 12mg.

Should you prefer extra caution, start at 6mg and raise to 8mg after 2-4 weeks, then repeat that pattern until reaching 12mg. It all hinges on side effects; when there are none, small increases are very unlikely to cause trouble.

The only side effects more common with reta than tirz are elevated heart rate and skin sensory symptoms
 
Smaller amounts can be taken more often—say, every day—while you ramp up, so if negative effects appear, the excess won’t take as long to leave your system. Following that approach, I did 7mg during week 1. Two months have passed since then; at present I’m on 8-10mg/week with the dose divided up, and nothing bad happened at any point.
 
lessthanhalf said:

Replying to the post above and attcbf

Moving from 15mg tirz to at least 5 or 6 mg reta ought to be fine, and that’s still playing it safe. No official guidance exists for switching between tirz and reta, but when it comes to gastrointestinal side effects—the most frequent complaint—15mg tirz is roughly on par with 8 to 10mg reta.

Once you’ve dropped a fair bit of weight, halting 15mg tirz and switching to a minuscule reta dose will leave you extremely hungry.

If heart disease and diabetes aren’t in the picture, you could simply try 6mg reta and watch for side effects. Experiencing worse side effects than you had on 15mg tirz would take a lot of bad luck, though it’s not out of the question.

For those who can wait, a slow, cautious ramp is the safest route and produces the fewest side effects. But if binge eating and gaining 10kg within a few weeks is a concern, jump straight to 6mg. With no side effects, add another 2mg after 2 or 3 days; if still nothing, repeat, and within a week you’re at 10mg with a fairly low chance of surprise prolonged side effects. At 10mg you may need to keep dosing twice weekly and let your body adjust, but once that dose sits well, you can gradually move back to once a week. I’m only floating this because you already handled 15mg tirz without issue. Trying this without any prior GLP experience could be extremely unpleasant. And it presumes 15mg tirz didn’t give you many side effects.

The weekly dose is simply the total of doses across a week—just ensure it stays under 10 or 12mg.

Should you prefer extra caution, start at 6mg and raise to 8mg after 2-4 weeks, then repeat that pattern until reaching 12mg. It all hinges on side effects; when there are none, small increases are very unlikely to cause trouble.

The only side effects more common with reta than tirz are elevated heart rate and skin sensory symptoms
Thanks lessthanhalf for such a detailed and considerate reply. About 80 lbs came off while I was on Tirz (zepbound), over roughly a year. Tirz gave me zero side effects. Then my insurance company decided I was fine now — BMI below 30 — and turned down my doctor's reauthorization request (a rant about how awful insurers are belongs in a different thread). My spouse began micro-dosing Reta, and I figured that with the small amount on hand, I might as well give it a try until our order arrives. [Probably more than anyone needed to know, but since I'm new here, a fuller introduction didn't seem like a bad move.]

I bought both Reta and Tirz, and I'm torn between taking each one every other day versus simply using a bigger Reta dose. Reading your post and woundcarping's has left me with a lot to consider.
 
woundcarping said:

attcbf said:

Griffwisha said:

I do! My routine used to be Reta 2mg on day 1 and Tirz 2mg on day 4. Since Reta boosts my appetite and gives me stronger sweet cravings, I’ve switched to Reta 2mg, with a bit of Tirz every other week or so to help with appetite and inflammation. Cag was something I tested, but it didn’t suit me.
I used to take Tirz at 15mg, and these days I'm on reta 1mg dosed every three days. I'd like to bring Tirz back into the mix, since Reta by itself hasn't given me anything good or bad so far — other than demolishing a full bag of chips during the days between pins.😣

Your switch was from 15mg Tirz down to roughly 2mg Reta. Why not increase the Reta amount instead? Dropping from what counts as a maximum dose to below a starting dose, then expecting it to work, isn't logical.
really it’s about 3mg/wk when you average it across 2 weeks (small complaint: dosing math would be way simpler if a week didn’t have a prime number of days). Still, I get what you’re saying. Up to now, at that amount, the only change I’ve noticed is eating more carbs. Sadly, I’ve got an order in transit, so I can’t bump it up right now.
 
brah389 said:


How long do you think you'll be off for surgery? I've been searching this topic as there isn't any real solid conversations on it and my surgeon said he would love to prescribe me monjourno but he won't because there isnt data on how this will effect soft tissue/bone growth. Any insight is appreciated!

Click to expand...
If you use Peppy’s or Discord, you might post this on Roundtable. My guess is research on it is fairly limited, but the main worry could be reduced appetite, weight loss (which is what you want) and worse nutrition. That may interfere with bone healing. Maybe teaming up with a nutritionist could help offset the nutritional shortfall. My hunch is that fracture healing hasn’t been studied thoroughly in this context.
 
Back
Top