Is Anyone Combining Reta and Tirz?

Red40

Explorer
Joined
Jan 22, 2026
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles
Just wondering — I’m currently taking Reta, and I’m considering adding Tirz as well. Does anyone here stack the two? If you do, how do you split them across the week?
 
What's the point of combining a peptide hitting GLP-1, GIP, and Glucagon receptors with one that only hits GLP-1 and GIP? 🤔

Seems like a solid route to more side effects—just take more reta instead.
 
Red40 said:

Just wondering — I’m currently taking Reta, and I’m considering adding Tirz as well. Does anyone here stack the two? If you do, how do you split them across the week?





2c173769dd2028798660c8c942fc9bc33f7709b8ad4bd101ea70f9ea83105514.gif


I take reta every 3 days, and when the 6th day comes around, I include tirz alongside the reta
 
CNCCurrency said:

Red40 said:

Just wondering — I’m currently taking Reta, and I’m considering adding Tirz as well. Does anyone here stack the two? If you do, how do you split them across the week?





View attachment 11790

I take reta every 3 days, and when the 6th day comes around, I include tirz alongside the reta
What are the doses for each?
 

Attachments

  • 2c173769dd2028798660c8c942fc9bc33f7709b8ad4bd101ea70f9ea83105514.gif
    2c173769dd2028798660c8c942fc9bc33f7709b8ad4bd101ea70f9ea83105514.gif
    430.5 KB · Views: 7
Who isn't???

I'm not on anything at the moment since my surgery is next week. When I was dropping weight and later maintaining, though, I did stack them. On maintenance I took roughly 1mg of each, and it seemed like both were doing their part. Keeping my weight steady was simple, cravings were minimal, and I spaced the shots 72 hours apart.
 
Killswitch97 said:

CNCCurrency said:

Red40 said:

Just wondering — I’m currently taking Reta, and I’m considering adding Tirz as well. Does anyone here stack the two? If you do, how do you split them across the week?





View attachment 11790

I take reta every 3 days, and when the 6th day comes around, I include tirz alongside the reta
What are the doses for each?
I've been using it for more than 6 months. I take 8 mg of Reta divided into 2 doses, plus 6 mg of tirz on day 6
 
I began Tirz in October, and over time increased the dose until I reached 7.5mg. When the Black Friday sales came around, I picked up a 60mg kit of Reta, though I left it untouched for a while. Finally, in late January, I reconstituted 1 vial, intending to raise the Reta gradually while lowering the Tirz. As of now, I have only brought the Tirz down to 6mg, and I have stayed at 6mg of Reta for a number of weeks. This feels like a sweet spot to me: my fat keeps melting away and my muscle is holding steady (confirmed by DEXA). Once this 60mg vial is used up, I will likely reassess, and honestly, by then I may be near maintenance.
 
I take 15.75mg tirz alongside 5mg reta. At 15mg tirz I still felt somewhat hungry, though side effects were minimal, so instead of changing meds and risking that balance, I introduced some reta and it made a difference. My aim is to hold onto a 54% weight loss.

Unless you're already maxed out on one of them, I'm not sure combining both offers much benefit — and even at that point, simply raising the dose of whichever you're already using could be the smarter route. Tirz's stronger gip agonism may help offset reta-related nausea. When side effects aren't a problem, going higher on a single agent likely makes more sense, or else bringing in cagri.
 
I'm stacking too, though I've been tapering my dose down lately. The reason is that I came back to it after taking 3 weeks off, and wow, I went a while without being able to eat.

I've dropped 95+ pounds, and honestly I haven't felt actual hunger in months. I want to eat, but I don't get hungry for it.

My stack is 6mg tirz and 5 reta, spaced 3 days apart, and that's plenty — the weight is just melting off, and I can still get down fruit, veggies and some protein.
 
For those who've already used each on its own, blending a small amount of both to even out appetite control and unwanted effects makes sense to me. They aren't the same, though they're close, and figuring out how each one differs takes quite a while — and if you start them simultaneously, you probably can't tell what's doing what unless you've tried them one at a time first. Low-dose reta plus tirz seems to be a really popular combo, and I've never quite grasped the reasoning behind it.

One thing still puzzles me: so many people claim reta suppresses appetite less than tirz, yet the bump in metabolic rate from reta doesn't look big enough to account for extra weight loss if those people were genuinely eating more.
 
RubbaDubba1 said:

Who isn't???

I'm not on anything at the moment since my surgery is next week. When I was dropping weight and later maintaining, though, I did stack them. On maintenance I took roughly 1mg of each, and it seemed like both were doing their part. Keeping my weight steady was simple, cravings were minimal, and I spaced the shots 72 hours apart.
What kind of timeframe are you looking at for being off due to surgery? I've been digging into this subject myself, since there really aren't any solid discussions about it. My surgeon told me he'd be happy to put me on monjourno, but he won't do it because there's no data on how it could impact soft tissue or bone growth. If anyone has any insight, I'd really appreciate it!
 
I do! My routine used to be Reta 2mg on day 1 and Tirz 2mg on day 4. Since Reta boosts my appetite and gives me stronger sweet cravings, I’ve switched to Reta 2mg, with a bit of Tirz every other week or so to help with appetite and inflammation. Cag was something I tested, but it didn’t suit me.
 
brah389 said:


How long do you think you'll be off for surgery? I've been searching this topic as there isn't any real solid conversations on it and my surgeon said he would love to prescribe me monjourno but he won't because there isnt data on how this will effect soft tissue/bone growth. Any insight is appreciated!

Click to expand...
A substantial body of research is currently exploring how GLP medications taken prior to surgery influence healing and complications after an operation. The findings aren't uniformly favorable, though on the whole post-operative issues tend to be less common, at times by a fairly notable margin. To find relevant data, you'd need to specify which type of surgery is involved, or simply search Google Scholar for glp-1 alongside the procedure name or the word surgery.
 
lessthanhalf said:


There are a large number of studies being done investigating the effects of GLP medication use before surgery and their effects on post operative complications and healing. Results are not always positive but in general post operative complications are less likely overall, sometimes to quite a significant degree. Would need to know what sort of surgery to look it up or just go to google scholar and look up glp-1 and the procedure or just surgery.

Click to expand...
Appreciate that, less than half. You really nailed it when it comes to the details. I did manage to dig up some findings about GLP-1's. My wife's doctor had her stop Ozempic 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after her operation, though that was a gall bladder procedure and she's on it for diabetes. I had a compound fracture in my right leg, right above the ankle. The tibia shattered and came 4 inches out of my leg, the fibula snapped, and I sheared my tibial nerve. Back then I was 6'7" and 275lbs, in the gym 5-6 days a week, plus swimming and stair climbing regularly. This was June 2025, and I was non weight bearing for 16 weeks. Now I'm 340 lbs, and yesterday I had another surgery to put in a bigger bolt and do a bone graft for a non-union, so I'm non-weight bearing again for 8-12 weeks. That said, thanks to your suggestion, I do have access to scholarly articles through a university. I'm determined to get in there and figure this out so I can drop this weight without halting the healing process. I appreciate you! Photos from the first surgery attached...when I do things, I do them big!
 
Griffwisha said:

I do! My routine used to be Reta 2mg on day 1 and Tirz 2mg on day 4. Since Reta boosts my appetite and gives me stronger sweet cravings, I’ve switched to Reta 2mg, with a bit of Tirz every other week or so to help with appetite and inflammation. Cag was something I tested, but it didn’t suit me.
I used to take Tirz at 15mg, and these days I'm on reta 1mg dosed every three days. I'd like to bring Tirz back into the mix, since Reta by itself hasn't given me anything good or bad so far — other than demolishing a full bag of chips during the days between pins.😣
 
brah389 said:


How long do you think you'll be off for surgery? I've been searching this topic as there isn't any real solid conversations on it and my surgeon said he would love to prescribe me monjourno but he won't because there isnt data on how this will effect soft tissue/bone growth. Any insight is appreciated!

Click to expand...
Yeah yeah, you just had to single me out, huh? Just kidding. This marks my 3rd procedure while using a GLP-1, and honestly I don't have some smart doctor-level response for you. Still, we all basically understand what a GLP-1 does for us—it helps with weight loss, keeps blood sugar in check, and may offer some of those favorable extra effects. I might be laid up anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months. They've got to repair a few issues in my shoulder, and after that I'll immediately have to do the other one, which is in even rougher shape. YAY!

My guess (and that's all it is—a guess) is that your surgeon is worried about things like protein, calcium, and other vital nutrients your body could be missing while on a GLP-1. You've got people on GLP-1s coming down with damn scurvy from not enough Vitamin C. Since you'd almost certainly be eating far less, and if your diet and/or supplements don't change enough while you're taking a GLP-1, that's what I suspect they're concerned about when it comes to soft tissue and bone healing. There probably isn't much solid data yet on this exact kind of situation. I'd figure the same concerns would apply if they began putting teenagers on something like this before they've finished growing.

If you needed to make a case to your surgeon so you could get the Tirz, I'd dig into well-documented, peer-reviewed "current" research on Tirz. Ideally it would suggest more advantages to staying on it rather than stopping in your circumstances and in that surgeon's specific area, assuming such research exists. Lay out a plan or explain exactly how you intend to prevent any of those problems from happening, or better yet come out ahead because of it. Don't lie, but bring up diet, exercise, supplementation, a trainer, a nutritionist—whatever gets them on your side. Talk about what it does for inflammation, how it helps keep weight off, anything you can use to put another coach in your corner for the fight. These days you usually don't get much time at appointments, so if you think it might take a while, you can book a long appointment to buy yourself a few extra minutes—it'll just cost you more $$$. Good luck Champ!
 
My ENT and neurosurgeon instructed me to halt Reta 2 weeks prior to surgery, and to wait at least 2 weeks post-surgery before resuming. Turns out I didn't need it though, since the hospital put me on a very restrictive diet and I dropped 8lbs during the week I spent in the ICU. It was miserable, though, because I was also on a strict fluid restriction (think 4oz oral fluid/day !). Even after returning home, I had an 8oz fluid limit (counting water in foods like fruit) for 2 weeks. Found out that a cup of grapes contains 2 oz of fluid. not fun but did loose more weight
 
RubbaDubba1 said:


Suuuuure gotta call me out, jk. This is my 3rd surgery since being on a GLP-1, I wish I had a fancy MD type degree answer for you. But we all know in general what a GLP-1 does to us, to help us lose weight, control sugars and what it can potentially do for some of the good side effects. I could be out of commission for 3 weeks to 3 months, They need to fix a few things in my shoulder and then I get to turn around and do the other one which is even worse. YAY!

I think (therefore I don't know) your Surgeons concern would be, lack of protein, calcium, etc vitals nutrients that your body might lack if your on a GLP-1. There are people on GLP-1's getting F'n scurvy because of a lack of Vitamin C. Since you would most likely be eating a lot less and if there isn't a sufficient change in your diet and or supplementation along with taking a GLP-1. This is what I venture, they're worried about for soft tissue and bone growth. There may not be appreciable data, for some time on something like this in particular. I imagine, the same worries would be if they started to put teenagers on something like this, before they are full grown as well.

If you had to make an argument, to your surgeon to get the Tirz. I would do some researching on well documented, peer reviewed "current" research about the Tirz. That hopefully implies more benefits, to being on it vs off of it in your situation and that Surgeons particular field, if it exists. Present a plan of action or layout how you personally plan to avoid any shortcomings of this happening, if not come out that much better for it. Don't lie, but mention diet, exercise, supplementation, trainer, nutritionist to get'em on board. What it does for inflammation, help to keep the weight off, anything you can do to put another trainer in your corner for the fight. You generally don't get much time for appointments nowadays, if you think it may take a hot minute. You can schedule a long appointment, to give you a few more minutes, just going to cost you more $$$. Good luck Champ!

Click to expand...
Thanks for the encouragement, rubbadubba, though you raised some really solid points. I can handle a short delay, but waiting another 3-4 months on top of the 8 months that have already passed since my accident without beginning weight loss is too much. Hope your shoulder procedures go well—I've been through labrum tear repairs on both of my shoulders, and recovery is definitely tough. I also appreciate the honesty; people should be more direct like that. Best of luck!
 
Back
Top