Is a tacky film after topical GHK-Cu normal?

derekd419

Explorer
Joined
Apr 10, 2026
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Location
Mansfield, Ohio
Hello guys, a month back I wrapped up a 6 week run of injectable ghk-cu. The results were fairly obvious, though not so much on my face — the bigger change was in my previously injured leg, which is scarred up and now looks 10x better. Anyway, some cosmetic grade ghk-cu came into my hands and I put together a 1g/50mL batch, then mixed it into hyaluronic acid serum.

My question goes to anyone who uses ghk-cu topically: once it dried down, did you get a very thin invisible layer sitting on your skin? Something with a slightly tacky finish — a faint coating you can feel is present but cannot quite see. A few times I also noticed some fine line surface areas, from the skin tightening temporarily.

Now I have been told to combine what I currently have with snap-8, on the grounds that it moisturizes better than the hyaluronic acid serum mix manages, but I am lost and would like advice on whether that is the right move. In your guys's experience, did any of these side effects turn up, or did you switch your formula? Is my formula the wrong one? Would LOVE any input, thanks!!
 
Timeless Skincare Pure Hyaluronic Acid serum is my base, and both GHK-cu and Snap 8 disappear into it without any trouble. Mixing two actives in one bottle is not something I care for, so they live in separate bottles. Tackiness has never been an issue for me. Mine usually goes in at a 2% concentration and that does the job.
 
Mine goes 1g into 30ml, made up for my girlfriend. My guess is that whatever base you use is what causes the tackiness.

Our base is the "The Ordinary" brand.

Like other people here, I would keep different peptides in separate mixes if you can.
 
Your ha serum is the likelier culprit. A few I have tried are simply too heavy, and they stay tacky.

Fwiw there is no need to cycle ghkcu. Keeping it going indefinitely is fine, and further improvements may well last
 
derekd419 said:

Hello guys, a month back I wrapped up a 6 week run of injectable ghk-cu. The results were fairly obvious, though not so much on my face — the bigger change was in my previously injured leg, which is scarred up and now looks 10x better. Anyway, some cosmetic grade ghk-cu came into my hands and I put together a 1g/50mL batch, then mixed it into hyaluronic acid serum.

My question goes to anyone who uses ghk-cu topically: once it dried down, did you get a very thin invisible layer sitting on your skin? Something with a slightly tacky finish — a faint coating you can feel is present but cannot quite see. A few times I also noticed some fine line surface areas, from the skin tightening temporarily.

Now I have been told to combine what I currently have with snap-8, on the grounds that it moisturizes better than the hyaluronic acid serum mix manages, but I am lost and would like advice on whether that is the right move. In your guys's experience, did any of these side effects turn up, or did you switch your formula? Is my formula the wrong one? Would LOVE any input, thanks!!
Could it be something in the carrier leaving that behind rather than the ghk-cu?
 
HereKittyKitty said:

Rolltide61 said:

What ever became of plain old Noxzema at bedtime?
Speak that word aloud and it will claw its way back up.

3f4518eb68778c1aa1a222124f01b6f3b2f2bb9952236ffb7f7f2bea5ee6551c.webp
 
carriekaye said:

Mine goes into snail mucin plus a fairly standard moisturizer. Nothing like a film or stickiness results.
The plan is to put 1g of ghkcu topical powder into my snail mucin toner. Peach Slices is the brand I use and I am happy with it. There is a little salcylic acid in there, I believe, though from what I have read that ought not to matter much, unlike the stronger aha/bha formulas. The Ordinary brand ha serum also caught my eye, but the snail toner works for me, so another product seems unnecessary.
 
lastresort said:

derekd419 said:

Hello guys, a month back I wrapped up a 6 week run of injectable ghk-cu. The results were fairly obvious, though not so much on my face — the bigger change was in my previously injured leg, which is scarred up and now looks 10x better. Anyway, some cosmetic grade ghk-cu came into my hands and I put together a 1g/50mL batch, then mixed it into hyaluronic acid serum.

My question goes to anyone who uses ghk-cu topically: once it dried down, did you get a very thin invisible layer sitting on your skin? Something with a slightly tacky finish — a faint coating you can feel is present but cannot quite see. A few times I also noticed some fine line surface areas, from the skin tightening temporarily.

Now I have been told to combine what I currently have with snap-8, on the grounds that it moisturizes better than the hyaluronic acid serum mix manages, but I am lost and would like advice on whether that is the right move. In your guys's experience, did any of these side effects turn up, or did you switch your formula? Is my formula the wrong one? Would LOVE any input, thanks!!
Could it be something in the carrier leaving that behind rather than the ghk-cu?
that could easily be where it comes from. my "recipe" came out of this forum and nobody said anything about a moisturizer, yet that clearly is the missing piece. I just have no idea which one to buy
 
derekd419 said:

lastresort said:

derekd419 said:

Hello guys, a month back I wrapped up a 6 week run of injectable ghk-cu. The results were fairly obvious, though not so much on my face — the bigger change was in my previously injured leg, which is scarred up and now looks 10x better. Anyway, some cosmetic grade ghk-cu came into my hands and I put together a 1g/50mL batch, then mixed it into hyaluronic acid serum.

My question goes to anyone who uses ghk-cu topically: once it dried down, did you get a very thin invisible layer sitting on your skin? Something with a slightly tacky finish — a faint coating you can feel is present but cannot quite see. A few times I also noticed some fine line surface areas, from the skin tightening temporarily.

Now I have been told to combine what I currently have with snap-8, on the grounds that it moisturizes better than the hyaluronic acid serum mix manages, but I am lost and would like advice on whether that is the right move. In your guys's experience, did any of these side effects turn up, or did you switch your formula? Is my formula the wrong one? Would LOVE any input, thanks!!
Could it be something in the carrier leaving that behind rather than the ghk-cu?
that could easily be where it comes from. my "recipe" came out of this forum and nobody said anything about a moisturizer, yet that clearly is the missing piece. I just have no idea which one to buy
Ah, that may well be it. Check the DM I sent you.
 
I picked up 10g of raw ghkcu powder , then mixed 3G of the raw ghkcu into 150ml of water along with hylauronic acid, adding 5 of the 10mg snap 8 for good measure. 4 weeks in and the difference in my face is massive. Rosy cheeks from bust blood vessels , 75% gone by now , very pleased , also doing 1.33mg of ghkcu sq at night
 
smartymarti said:

I picked up 10g of raw ghkcu powder , then mixed 3G of the raw ghkcu into 150ml of water along with hylauronic acid, adding 5 of the 10mg snap 8 for good measure. 4 weeks in and the difference in my face is massive. Rosy cheeks from bust blood vessels , 75% gone by now , very pleased , also doing 1.33mg of ghkcu sq at night
Right, so a question. Someone told me to throw snap 8 into the serum batch I make next. Does a cosmetic smap8 differ from the injectable kind the way ghk does? And assuming a cosmetic version exists, who is holding stock, because my interest is very high
 
Back
Top