Is a tacky film after topical GHK-Cu normal?

derekd419 said:

smartymarti said:

I picked up 10g of raw ghkcu powder , then mixed 3G of the raw ghkcu into 150ml of water along with hylauronic acid, adding 5 of the 10mg snap 8 for good measure. 4 weeks in and the difference in my face is massive. Rosy cheeks from bust blood vessels , 75% gone by now , very pleased , also doing 1.33mg of ghkcu sq at night
Right, so a question. Someone told me to throw snap 8 into the serum batch I make next. Does a cosmetic smap8 differ from the injectable kind the way ghk does? And assuming a cosmetic version exists, who is holding stock, because my interest is very high
there are a load of videos doing the rounds about snap 8 and the derma method. the raw stuff is not cheap but it blends nicely together with the raw ghk
 
Does topical GHK-Cu actually do anything for anyone here? My main concern is hair loss. That said, I'd guess injecting it would also do the skin some good. A green liquid being injected sounds odd to me. These peptides are all new to me, so I'm unsure how to proceed. I've got a GHK-Cu serum already, yet it doesn't appear to deliver much beyond what other products do. And is the routine supposed to be daily, both applying and injecting? I placed an order for "The Ordinary Multi-Peptide + HA" serum, which should show up tomorrow. Youarewhen, did it work for you? How long do the results stick around?
 
Mademoiselle said:

Does topical GHK-Cu actually do anything for anyone here? My main concern is hair loss. That said, I'd guess injecting it would also do the skin some good. A green liquid being injected sounds odd to me. These peptides are all new to me, so I'm unsure how to proceed. I've got a GHK-Cu serum already, yet it doesn't appear to deliver much beyond what other products do. And is the routine supposed to be daily, both applying and injecting? I placed an order for "The Ordinary Multi-Peptide + HA" serum, which should show up tomorrow. Youarewhen, did it work for you? How long do the results stick around?

green liquid? GHK-cu is blue. If what you received is green, then it is a different substance. Should you wish to prepare your own serum, raw powder must be purchased to get the concentration right.

When it comes to hair loss, the approach depends on what is causing it — minoxidil, ahk-cu, and so on.
 
Adding to what was said about the green liquid. Copper is cobalt blue. Should your vial be green and you have verified it is GHK-Cu, it is not advised to use it.

Copper works slowly. Over on another forum, 1 member has used Cu for an extended period and posts striking images of his hair regrowth.
 
I'm an elderly bald guy dealing with skin problems caused by prednisone. (pred is a nightmare) Injecting GHK-Cu and using it in topical blends gives some modest improvement for skin thinning and tear resistance. My limbs and head show zero hair regrowth. Actually, things are getting worse (EDIT: because of prednisone). At this point the hair on my arms is vanishing (EDIT: again because of prednisone), even though I've been doing fairly solid topical routines with Retinol, GHK-Cu and Hyaluronic acid.
 
cujet said:

I'm an elderly bald guy dealing with skin problems caused by prednisone. (pred is a nightmare) Injecting GHK-Cu and using it in topical blends gives some modest improvement for skin thinning and tear resistance. My limbs and head show zero hair regrowth. Actually, things are getting worse (EDIT: because of prednisone). At this point the hair on my arms is vanishing (EDIT: again because of prednisone), even though I've been doing fairly solid topical routines with Retinol, GHK-Cu and Hyaluronic acid.
There's no way for me to predict what could stand up to prednisone's potency. I doubt copper would be capable of that.
 
derekd419 said:


Hello guys, so a month ago I finished up a 6 week cycle of injectable ghk-cu, had some pretty noticeable results but not really in my face, more in my previously injured leg which is scarred up, it looks 10x better now. Anyways, I just got my hands on some cosmetic grade ghk-cu & I made a 1g/50mL batch & I mixed it with hyaluronic acid serum.

Here's my question for anyone using ghk-cu topically, did you experience a very thin invisible layer being left on your skin once it dried down? It's like a slight tacky finish. A subtle coating you can feel is there but can't really see. But also I noticed a few times some fine line surface areas from the temporary tightening of the skin as well.

Now I was told to mix what I currently have with snap-8 that way it moisturizes better than the hyaluronic acid serum mix can, but I'm lost & need advice on if this is the move to make or not. In your guys's experience did you have any of these side effects or did you change up your formula? Am I using the incorrect formula? Would LOVE any input, thanks!!

Click to expand...
Yep, that happens to me too when I use my Ordinary HA along with Matrixyl.
 
HereKittyKitty said:

cujet said:

I'm an elderly bald guy dealing with skin problems caused by prednisone. (pred is a nightmare) Injecting GHK-Cu and using it in topical blends gives some modest improvement for skin thinning and tear resistance. My limbs and head show zero hair regrowth. Actually, things are getting worse (EDIT: because of prednisone). At this point the hair on my arms is vanishing (EDIT: again because of prednisone), even though I've been doing fairly solid topical routines with Retinol, GHK-Cu and Hyaluronic acid.
There's no way for me to predict what could stand up to prednisone's potency. I doubt copper would be capable of that.
You're probably right — nothing really cancels out what prednisone does to you. Still, sitting back and doing zero feels awful. That's where GHK-Cu serums and creams, along with hyaluronic acid and retinol, actually pull some weight.
 
cujet said:

You're probably right — nothing really cancels out what prednisone does to you. Still, sitting back and doing zero feels awful. That's where GHK-Cu serums and creams, along with hyaluronic acid and retinol, actually pull some weight.
Offering a hand is a positive thing!
 
derekd419 said:


Hello guys, so a month ago I finished up a 6 week cycle of injectable ghk-cu, had some pretty noticeable results but not really in my face, more in my previously injured leg which is scarred up, it looks 10x better now. Anyways, I just got my hands on some cosmetic grade ghk-cu & I made a 1g/50mL batch & I mixed it with hyaluronic acid serum.

Here's my question for anyone using ghk-cu topically, did you experience a very thin invisible layer being left on your skin once it dried down? It's like a slight tacky finish. A subtle coating you can feel is there but can't really see. But also I noticed a few times some fine line surface areas from the temporary tightening of the skin as well.

Now I was told to mix what I currently have with snap-8 that way it moisturizes better than the hyaluronic acid serum mix can, but I'm lost & need advice on if this is the move to make or not. In your guys's experience did you have any of these side effects or did you change up your formula? Am I using the incorrect formula? Would LOVE any input, thanks!!

Click to expand...
The stickiness comes from the HA serving as the base. Either switch to another brand, or blend it into your moisturizer. With anything containing HA, a moisturizer has to come afterward. On top of that, Snap-8 isn't really a moisturizing agent. People call it needle-free botox since it relaxes the facial muscles. That said, it's not an immediate response. It will probably take 8 weeks before you'll see the difference. But everyone's body is different and you may be a lucky one!.
 
cujet said:

I'm an elderly bald guy dealing with skin problems caused by prednisone. (pred is a nightmare) Injecting GHK-Cu and using it in topical blends gives some modest improvement for skin thinning and tear resistance. My limbs and head show zero hair regrowth. Actually, things are getting worse (EDIT: because of prednisone). At this point the hair on my arms is vanishing (EDIT: again because of prednisone), even though I've been doing fairly solid topical routines with Retinol, GHK-Cu and Hyaluronic acid.
Pair it with red light therapy. That said, I wouldn't recommend red light while someone is on prednisone. There's a guy I know who hadn't grown hair in more than 30 years, and I told him I doubted it would do anything — even though saying that cost me a sale — and I was completely wrong! He started with a hat, and hair began sprouting on his head. After that he reintroduced GHK-CU as a topical, and now he's one very happy man!
 
Youarewhen said:

Mine goes 1g into 30ml, made up for my girlfriend. My guess is that whatever base you use is what causes the tackiness.

Our base is the "The Ordinary" brand.

Like other people here, I would keep different peptides in separate mixes if you can.
I came across all of it on Amazon. I'm going to give it a shot.
 
RedPep said:

Pair it with red light therapy. That said, I wouldn't recommend red light while someone is on prednisone. There's a guy I know who hadn't grown hair in more than 30 years, and I told him I doubted it would do anything — even though saying that cost me a sale — and I was completely wrong! He started with a hat, and hair began sprouting on his head. After that he reintroduced GHK-CU as a topical, and now he's one very happy man!
Appreciate it — my doctor also recommended the infrared LED approach. No contraindications involving prednisone came up from the doc. Given that I'll be taking prednisone indefinitely, my guess is it's worth a shot, even while understanding that pred reduces how well infrared works.
 
cujet said:

Appreciate it — my doctor also recommended the infrared LED approach. No contraindications involving prednisone came up from the doc. Given that I'll be taking prednisone indefinitely, my guess is it's worth a shot, even while understanding that pred reduces how well infrared works.
If your doctor brought it up, then sure, go ahead and try it! The reasoning behind the caution is that red light ramps up immune activity, which could work against the prednisone. That said, 2 of my clients went with red light regardless, and both have stuck with it since it delivers results for them. One of them broke out in hives following a "full body" session that ran 3 to 4 hours, and it never came back after that. Just something to keep in mind.
 
Youarewhen said:

Mine goes 1g into 30ml, made up for my girlfriend. My guess is that whatever base you use is what causes the tackiness.

Our base is the "The Ordinary" brand.

Like other people here, I would keep different peptides in separate mixes if you can.
Which type of water do you use when mixing GHK CU — does the topical version require BAC water?
 
Back
Top