Hello everyone,
I know this is all very basic for most of you, and I'm sorry for starting a whole new thread about it. Truth is, I'm really scared I'll get something wrong and kiss goodbye to 100's of euros I worked hard for. So I'm hoping the mods will put up with me, and I'll keep this thread updated with each step I take
To put it simply: I'm thinking about — and actually I really do want to — join a GB for the very first time. Crypto is completely new to me, it feels super technical and honestly it scares me a lot. So with your guidance I'll take it one tiny step at a time.
At this point I've got Kraken downloaded, and from what I understand I can use my bank account to buy crypto there. Someone in another thread said that once it's sitting in my Kraken wallet/account, it's better to send it to a different wallet first and only then pass it on to the person running the GB.
If the money/crypto is in Kraken, is it okay to just leave it sitting there while I get more comfortable with all this, or do I need to move it right away?
In another thread, my fellow Gael
@bamagirl26 and honorary Gael @ultima thule wrote that "Exodus doesn't support web3 for new users anymore." (No idea what that actually means) 
Besides Exodus, what's the next best wallet that's also simple to use?
What does "Gas" mean?
Which crypto do people use most often for this sort of thing, and do vendors/GBs usually take a few different ones?
Sorry for dragging this out so much, but once again I'm just petrified of one tiny slip costing me everything. I'm truly grateful for the help here, and for all the brilliant advice you've all shared since I began this journey back in May
Go raibh míle maith agaibh! (A thousand thank you's!)
I know this is all very basic for most of you, and I'm sorry for starting a whole new thread about it. Truth is, I'm really scared I'll get something wrong and kiss goodbye to 100's of euros I worked hard for. So I'm hoping the mods will put up with me, and I'll keep this thread updated with each step I take
To put it simply: I'm thinking about — and actually I really do want to — join a GB for the very first time. Crypto is completely new to me, it feels super technical and honestly it scares me a lot. So with your guidance I'll take it one tiny step at a time.
At this point I've got Kraken downloaded, and from what I understand I can use my bank account to buy crypto there. Someone in another thread said that once it's sitting in my Kraken wallet/account, it's better to send it to a different wallet first and only then pass it on to the person running the GB.
If the money/crypto is in Kraken, is it okay to just leave it sitting there while I get more comfortable with all this, or do I need to move it right away?
In another thread, my fellow Gael
Besides Exodus, what's the next best wallet that's also simple to use?
What does "Gas" mean?
Which crypto do people use most often for this sort of thing, and do vendors/GBs usually take a few different ones?
Sorry for dragging this out so much, but once again I'm just petrified of one tiny slip costing me everything. I'm truly grateful for the help here, and for all the brilliant advice you've all shared since I began this journey back in May
Go raibh míle maith agaibh! (A thousand thank you's!)