Introduction: Tirzepatide and endurance athletics

Kingofmumford

Explorer
Joined
Sep 15, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
NY
Hello,

Since it's Friday and things are quiet, I figured I'd write my intro while on the clock. The main thing about me: I race endurance events, and I take a Glp-1 for the specific purpose of long distance and high intensity cycling. As of now WADA (world anti-doping agency) hasn't prohibited this substance, which in my humble opinion is going to get looked at again and ultimately be enforced, because wow is this stuff amazing. I could keep going about what an unbelievably strong tool this is for endurance sport. And to briefly respond to all the reports of feeling "flat" or losing some kind of edge in endurance sport while taking a Glp-1… well, once more, in my humble opinion the issue is simply that people aren't eating enough. I'm aware of the irony in saying that.

Thanks for accepting me into the community.

P.S. I'd like to make a post in the vendor scammer section about a company I have direct evidence from Tori of vanguard labs that they forged a COA. (If this section here is counter to the guidelines I will edit it out)
 
Yo! I had no idea GLP-1s could be a helpful tool for endurance sports. At 42, I'm about to begin training for my first marathon. 🙊
 
Kingofmumford said:


Hello,

I’m writing my introduction on company time because it’s Friday and it’s slow. First and foremost I’m an endurance athlete using a Glp-1 specifically for long distance/high intensity cycling. WADA (world anti-doping agency) has yet to ban this stuff which in my humble opinion will be reexamined and eventually enforced because oh my god is this stuff amazing. I could go on about how insanely powerful of a tool this stuff is for endurance sport. And to quickly address the many anecdotes of feeling “flat” or losing some sort of edge when it comes to endurance sport while on a Glp-1… well again, in my humble opinion people simply aren’t eating enough. The irony of this statement doesn’t escape me.

Thanks for accepting me into the community.

P.S. I would like to post in the vendor scammer section about a company I have direct evidence from Tori of vanguard labs that they forged a COA. (If this section here is counter to the guidelines I will edit it out)

Click to expand...
Glad you're here. Honestly, it surprises me a bit that it hasn't been banned, since at first glance a GLP1 looks like it would work against an endurance sport. From what I can tell, though, more and more advantages of GLP1s keep turning up, like reduced systemic inflammation, and there's even a newer study that found cartilage regeneration tied to GLP1 receptors being present in human cartilage. What I'd really like to understand is the mechanism behind why they'd help with endurance sports. My first instinct is that muscle catabolism would be the worry, though I'd guess that in a caloric surplus it wouldn't matter as much. If you've got any insight, I'd enjoy hearing it. Anyway, good to have you on the forums. By the way, I've been running a low dose reta protocol for 3 weeks now, not really for weight loss but for the systemic benefits that long term reta appears to offer! Regards, Pepboy
 
From what I've experienced, Tirz does deliver an energy boost, provided your body still has reserves to draw on. There was a stretch where I stayed away from carbs, leaning heavily on proteins and veggies instead, and that left me running on very little energy. Once I noticed carbs had dropped out of my diet and restored that balance, the intense energy surge that shows up right when you begin Tirz came back.
 
Back
Top