INTRO Time to get in the mix

Jamrjump133

Explorer
Joined
Jun 14, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Peoria Illinois
Greetings from Illinois! After spending a while reading posts here without saying anything, I figured it was about time I added something.

My weight loss efforts began in December 2025. The reason: arthritis plus torn maniscus in both of my knees. At 55 years old and 260#, spending 37 years working a tough job on concrete 10-15 hours a day has really worn me down.

A buddy talked me into trying tirz, and he even handed me my first vial at no cost. Wow! By the 2 month mark I was asking myself "why didn't I do this sooner!" As of now I've gotten down to 198#, and my joint pain has dropped by at least 60-70%.

Because of fatigue I made the change to reta roughly 3 months ago, and the weight loss has definitely slowed, though I'm fine with it. My attention is more on nutrition and regaining some muscle that I lost in the early days.
 
Nice work!! My own path began with Tirz, and 5mg was as high as I ever went. Lately though, I've moved over to Retatrutide — my goal weight had already been reached, yet getting down enough food while lifting heavy remained a real challenge.

Whether reta is the right call, I can't say for sure, but there's plenty of time left to find out!
 
Welcome aboard! It sounds like you've kicked things off really well and you already have a handle on adjusting things when the side effects aren't treating you right. Nice work on the weight you've dropped so far. Concrete, whoo . . . hopefully your body appreciates carrying less weight on a surface that tough.
 
Niir0 said:

Nice work!! My own path began with Tirz, and 5mg was as high as I ever went. Lately though, I've moved over to Retatrutide — my goal weight had already been reached, yet getting down enough food while lifting heavy remained a real challenge.

Whether reta is the right call, I can't say for sure, but there's plenty of time left to find out!
Appreciate it! That's precisely my approach. Meeting my protein and calorie targets is no problem. There are still 15 pounds left to lose, and for the past 3-4 weeks the scale hasn't budged. I'm not stressing over it, since I'm lifting 6 days a week and seeing differences in my measurements.
 
AngieHolmes said:

Welcome aboard! It sounds like you've kicked things off really well and you already have a handle on adjusting things when the side effects aren't treating you right. Nice work on the weight you've dropped so far. Concrete, whoo . . . hopefully your body appreciates carrying less weight on a surface that tough.
Appreciate it! My body's really taken to it! Right, over the past 8 months I've been soaking up whatever I could find about glp-1 and other peptides. 1 factor behind my long wait: my insurance refused to pay for any weight loss medication, and I was completely unaware that the research space was a thing.........
 
Jamrjump133 said:

Niir0 said:

Nice work!! My own path began with Tirz, and 5mg was as high as I ever went. Lately though, I've moved over to Retatrutide — my goal weight had already been reached, yet getting down enough food while lifting heavy remained a real challenge.

Whether reta is the right call, I can't say for sure, but there's plenty of time left to find out!
Appreciate it! That's precisely my approach. Meeting my protein and calorie targets is no problem. There are still 15 pounds left to lose, and for the past 3-4 weeks the scale hasn't budged. I'm not stressing over it, since I'm lifting 6 days a week and seeing differences in my measurements.
Yep! Truthfully, I should be tracking more measurements. Appreciate the nudge haha.
 
Back
Top