INTRO Starting Reta

toadking

Explorer
Joined
Jul 8, 2026
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Location
Niagara falls NY
Starting Reta

This is my first go with any GLP1. I came across reta in a comedy show clip — the woman in it said "no, im on a retatrutide (because there is no such thing as "retatrutide (because there is no such thing as "GLP-3")")!" or words to that effect, and it got me curious.

32M, starting weight 318 on 6/26/26, peak weight 345 back in March of 26 and January of 25, and my lowest in the past 10 years was 270 in July of 25 — yeah, 75 pounds in 6 months, in both directions.

I've been lurking here roughly a month, picked up plenty, and so far I've done 2 1mg pins of reta and I'm still breathing, so I'll keep posting, watching and commenting.

Welcome to Moes

- Big Toad
 
Curious about what it was like for you to jump straight to 3. I've been at 1, and I'm just now moving up to 2, hoping that gets rid of the final 10-15 #.
 
toadking said:

Starting Reta

This is my first go with any GLP1. I came across reta in a comedy show clip — the woman in it said "no, im on a retatrutide (because there is no such thing as "retatrutide (because there is no such thing as "GLP-3")")!" or words to that effect, and it got me curious.

32M, starting weight 318 on 6/26/26, peak weight 345 back in March of 26 and January of 25, and my lowest in the past 10 years was 270 in July of 25 — yeah, 75 pounds in 6 months, in both directions.

I've been lurking here roughly a month, picked up plenty, and so far I've done 2 1mg pins of reta and I'm still breathing, so I'll keep posting, watching and commenting.

Welcome to Moes

- Big Toad
Nice work on what you’ve achieved so far. I’m curious about Reta too. Ozempic worked for me, but then I hit a plateau.
 
turlian said:

Curious about what it was like for you to jump straight to 3. I've been at 1, and I'm just now moving up to 2, hoping that gets rid of the final 10-15 #.
At this stage, with such a tiny first dose and all the nerves that come with a first time, I honestly can't tell what's genuine and what's placebo. It's my first time injecting anything at all.

I could claim the glucagon side is there, judging by how day 2 or 3 of a long fast feels.

I could claim the glp1 side is there, judging by how it feels when a burrito is already in my stomach at mealtimes.

But when I think it over, every one of those sensations might just come down to the fact that I actually put a substance into my body, and how real and deliberate this whole thing is.

No side effects so far.
 
Honestly the only time I noticed anything on dose 1 was after I botched the arithmetic and doubled it. Week two, my actual 1mg start, felt like nothing at all.
 
Quagmire_Giggity said:

toadking said:

Starting Reta

This is my first go with any GLP1. I came across reta in a comedy show clip — the woman in it said "no, im on a retatrutide (because there is no such thing as "retatrutide (because there is no such thing as "GLP-3")")!" or words to that effect, and it got me curious.

32M, starting weight 318 on 6/26/26, peak weight 345 back in March of 26 and January of 25, and my lowest in the past 10 years was 270 in July of 25 — yeah, 75 pounds in 6 months, in both directions.

I've been lurking here roughly a month, picked up plenty, and so far I've done 2 1mg pins of reta and I'm still breathing, so I'll keep posting, watching and commenting.

Welcome to Moes

- Big Toad
Nice work on what you’ve achieved so far. I’m curious about Reta too. Ozempic worked for me, but then I hit a plateau.

Same here — the very same reason is why I'm getting ready to move over to Tirzepatide.
 
turlian said:

Quagmire_Giggity said:

toadking said:

Starting Reta

This is my first go with any GLP1. I came across reta in a comedy show clip — the woman in it said "no, im on a retatrutide (because there is no such thing as "retatrutide (because there is no such thing as "GLP-3")")!" or words to that effect, and it got me curious.

32M, starting weight 318 on 6/26/26, peak weight 345 back in March of 26 and January of 25, and my lowest in the past 10 years was 270 in July of 25 — yeah, 75 pounds in 6 months, in both directions.

I've been lurking here roughly a month, picked up plenty, and so far I've done 2 1mg pins of reta and I'm still breathing, so I'll keep posting, watching and commenting.

Welcome to Moes

- Big Toad
Nice work on what you’ve achieved so far. I’m curious about Reta too. Ozempic worked for me, but then I hit a plateau.

Same here — the very same reason is why I'm getting ready to move over to Tirzepatide.
I've done some research on tirz too. From what I gather, Reta seems to produce stronger outcomes, though I'm not sure whether that also means worse side effects such as nausea.

Could pairing it with zofran simultaneously cancel that out? Another thing I've come across is that injecting just before sleep lets you doze through the nausea — does that actually work?

As of now, I haven't managed to locate a solid guide for deciding which peptide suits someone better.
 
Quagmire_Giggity said:

turlian said:

Quagmire_Giggity said:

toadking said:

Starting Reta

This is my first go with any GLP1. I came across reta in a comedy show clip — the woman in it said "no, im on a retatrutide (because there is no such thing as "retatrutide (because there is no such thing as "GLP-3")")!" or words to that effect, and it got me curious.

32M, starting weight 318 on 6/26/26, peak weight 345 back in March of 26 and January of 25, and my lowest in the past 10 years was 270 in July of 25 — yeah, 75 pounds in 6 months, in both directions.

I've been lurking here roughly a month, picked up plenty, and so far I've done 2 1mg pins of reta and I'm still breathing, so I'll keep posting, watching and commenting.

Welcome to Moes

- Big Toad
Nice work on what you’ve achieved so far. I’m curious about Reta too. Ozempic worked for me, but then I hit a plateau.

Same here — the very same reason is why I'm getting ready to move over to Tirzepatide.
I've done some research on tirz too. From what I gather, Reta seems to produce stronger outcomes, though I'm not sure whether that also means worse side effects such as nausea.

Could pairing it with zofran simultaneously cancel that out? Another thing I've come across is that injecting just before sleep lets you doze through the nausea — does that actually work?

As of now, I haven't managed to locate a solid guide for deciding which peptide suits someone better.

Both Tirz and Reta come with side effects, and how they hit you is individual. A number of users get some effects - usually they fade once your system gets used to the drug, or they show up because the dose was pushed too high (certain people begin straight at 2mg of Reta). My own start was .5mg, which I couldn't feel at all, so I moved up to 1mg and that's where it became noticeable. I sat at 1mg for roughly 2-3 weeks, and currently I'm on 2.5mg. Constipation was the only thing I noticed - manageable, and in time it stopped.

Broadly speaking, Tirz tends to be the stronger option for quieting food noise, while Reta is better at producing fullness sooner. Reta is a triple agonist too, which is why you'll hear it called "retatrutide (because there is no such thing as "GLP-3")". My pick was reta on the basis of it being a triple agonist, and so far I'm satisfied. If you're still weighing it up, I'd point you toward Tirz (easier to obtain) because although reta has helped plenty of people, the FDA hasn't officially approved it and it's only available via grey markets.
 
MeHungry said:

Quagmire_Giggity said:

turlian said:

Quagmire_Giggity said:

toadking said:

Starting Reta

This is my first go with any GLP1. I came across reta in a comedy show clip — the woman in it said "no, im on a retatrutide (because there is no such thing as "retatrutide (because there is no such thing as "GLP-3")")!" or words to that effect, and it got me curious.

32M, starting weight 318 on 6/26/26, peak weight 345 back in March of 26 and January of 25, and my lowest in the past 10 years was 270 in July of 25 — yeah, 75 pounds in 6 months, in both directions.

I've been lurking here roughly a month, picked up plenty, and so far I've done 2 1mg pins of reta and I'm still breathing, so I'll keep posting, watching and commenting.

Welcome to Moes

- Big Toad
Nice work on what you’ve achieved so far. I’m curious about Reta too. Ozempic worked for me, but then I hit a plateau.

Same here — the very same reason is why I'm getting ready to move over to Tirzepatide.
I've done some research on tirz too. From what I gather, Reta seems to produce stronger outcomes, though I'm not sure whether that also means worse side effects such as nausea.

Could pairing it with zofran simultaneously cancel that out? Another thing I've come across is that injecting just before sleep lets you doze through the nausea — does that actually work?

As of now, I haven't managed to locate a solid guide for deciding which peptide suits someone better.

Both Tirz and Reta come with side effects, and how they hit you is individual. A number of users get some effects - usually they fade once your system gets used to the drug, or they show up because the dose was pushed too high (certain people begin straight at 2mg of Reta). My own start was .5mg, which I couldn't feel at all, so I moved up to 1mg and that's where it became noticeable. I sat at 1mg for roughly 2-3 weeks, and currently I'm on 2.5mg. Constipation was the only thing I noticed - manageable, and in time it stopped.

Broadly speaking, Tirz tends to be the stronger option for quieting food noise, while Reta is better at producing fullness sooner. Reta is a triple agonist too, which is why you'll hear it called "retatrutide (because there is no such thing as "GLP-3")". My pick was reta on the basis of it being a triple agonist, and so far I'm satisfied. If you're still weighing it up, I'd point you toward Tirz (easier to obtain) because although reta has helped plenty of people, the FDA hasn't officially approved it and it's only available via grey markets.
It's possible I just haven't searched enough yet, but the Tirz price tag really caught me off guard.

Sweets are a weak spot for me. In your opinion, does either one work better for curbing those kinds of cravings?
 
Here's where I'm at now. I decided to put this on my intro thread.

My first 2 months on Reta were great. I titrated from .5mg to 1mg, then 2mg, and now 3mg. I went from losing about 1lb a week on average to losing nothing at all over the last month, even though I've kept a caloric deficit and either increased or at least held steady with my workouts and lifestyle.

Around the same time my weight loss stalled, I brought regular carbs back into my diet — I'd been doing keto, then paleo, and now I'm on more of a standard diet/Mediterranean approach. I chalk this up, along with the initial glp1 effects fading, to the weight gain.

In the beginning I REALLY felt Reta working. Mostly appetite suppression and feeling full after small portions. At 3mg I don't feel that anymore, and I'm planning to titrate up. It's frustrating, since I'd calculated my dose for 6months with R10 (foolishly assuming I'd need 2-4mg MAX to get where I wanted), and now I'll probably be buying r20/30 because I underestimated how much I'd need.

Mostly just venting here. Does this happen to everyone? I felt it at .5mg and was thrilled, and now at 3mg that buzz is gone and I'm disappointed.
 
toadking said:

Here's where I'm at now. I decided to put this on my intro thread.

My first 2 months on Reta were great. I titrated from .5mg to 1mg, then 2mg, and now 3mg. I went from losing about 1lb a week on average to losing nothing at all over the last month, even though I've kept a caloric deficit and either increased or at least held steady with my workouts and lifestyle.

Around the same time my weight loss stalled, I brought regular carbs back into my diet — I'd been doing keto, then paleo, and now I'm on more of a standard diet/Mediterranean approach. I chalk this up, along with the initial glp1 effects fading, to the weight gain.

In the beginning I REALLY felt Reta working. Mostly appetite suppression and feeling full after small portions. At 3mg I don't feel that anymore, and I'm planning to titrate up. It's frustrating, since I'd calculated my dose for 6months with R10 (foolishly assuming I'd need 2-4mg MAX to get where I wanted), and now I'll probably be buying r20/30 because I underestimated how much I'd need.

Mostly just venting here. Does this happen to everyone? I felt it at .5mg and was thrilled, and now at 3mg that buzz is gone and I'm disappointed.
It's interesting that you've had to increase your dose so fast. My first order just went in, and I too assumed I'd stay at a lower dose for a good while. Perhaps I should keep in mind that I might not turn out to be the super responder I was sure I was meant to be.
 
toadking said:

Here's where I'm at now. I decided to put this on my intro thread.

My first 2 months on Reta were great. I titrated from .5mg to 1mg, then 2mg, and now 3mg. I went from losing about 1lb a week on average to losing nothing at all over the last month, even though I've kept a caloric deficit and either increased or at least held steady with my workouts and lifestyle.

Around the same time my weight loss stalled, I brought regular carbs back into my diet — I'd been doing keto, then paleo, and now I'm on more of a standard diet/Mediterranean approach. I chalk this up, along with the initial glp1 effects fading, to the weight gain.

In the beginning I REALLY felt Reta working. Mostly appetite suppression and feeling full after small portions. At 3mg I don't feel that anymore, and I'm planning to titrate up. It's frustrating, since I'd calculated my dose for 6months with R10 (foolishly assuming I'd need 2-4mg MAX to get where I wanted), and now I'll probably be buying r20/30 because I underestimated how much I'd need.

Mostly just venting here. Does this happen to everyone? I felt it at .5mg and was thrilled, and now at 3mg that buzz is gone and I'm disappointed.
Great work on how far you've come! Needing to move to a higher dose doesn't mean you've failed — it's simply how this journey works. Right now I'm at 4mg, and there's a chance I'll go to 5. I also plan to add more exercise to my routine. Keep in mind that this is a marathon, not a sprint. As long as we stay consistent and keep at it, we'll all reach the goal.
 
yeah, in my opinion reta is still the top pick overall even though it isn't the strongest peptide for suppressing ur appetite. If ur diet is locked in, that's when you get the best results
 
Back
Top