INTRO Started Reta

pinch a tucan said:

FunkyWhales78 said:

pinch a tucan said:

DizzyDog said:

pinch a tucan said:

Do you not get the sense that your pace is too quick?
Nope. That's the reason I'm reaching out to people who've made the switch. I want to know how it went for them going from Mounjaro to Reta.
From what I've seen on reddit, the majority of people who made that change said they liked tirz better. My guess is they were after that appetite suppression. The glucagon agonist component is what pushed me to try reta — that's the sole reason my target is 4mgs/week.

FunkyWhales78 said:

pinch a tucan said:

I messed up by beginning with 2mgs, then added 1mg at the four-week mark. The effects hit me too hard, so I dropped back down. I'm still aiming for 4mgs eventually, but I need to move slowly due to the side effects. Without eating, I can't work out, and without working out, I lose muscle.

If a lower dose is already giving you what you need, what's the reason for going higher?
No need to hurry, it'll come with time. I've come across info that the glucagon receptor agonist becomes more apparent once you hit 4mgs of Reta. However, the intense side effects I experience don't fit with my body recomposition goals, so I'll hold off on increasing until I'm more or less at a plateau.

Real question here. What do you expect that route to give you? I figured hitting more pathways had to be a plus, though I'm leaning toward moving over to Tirz, since I suspect the higher metabolic rate shows up as a faster heartbeat.

To me, the biggest thing these meds do is cut how much you eat, and a lot of the upside follows from losing weight.
I got into Reta purely for its liver-cleaning properties — I wanted to fight my fatty liver — yet after starting, a whole range of other perks showed up. Sleep improved, mood swings disappeared, I focus better at work and in my workouts, joints hurt less, my breathing capacity is nearly 200% of what it used to be (sleep apnea), my high blood pressure stays in check without any medication, my eczema is gone, and I have less tension, soreness, and exercise-related trigger points. One downside: it does reduce empathy, though in my case that has actually been helpful. Given how poor my metabolism was, the benefits are just too many. I've read that Tesa works better for fatty liver disease, but I still don't know much about it. Reta produced miracles within the first 6 weeks, so trying Tesa may never happen for me. What's making you switch to Tirz? Is it only the food noise? A few people stack Reta and Tirz at very low doses.

Ever since I began Reta, my sleep score has taken a consistent beating. What worries me most, though, is that my heart rate climbs during even light tasks and workouts. An injury has kept me from running since I started, but I suspect running would make it much worse.

On top of that, I take ADHD medication, which isn't exactly a helpful pairing. Even so, the effect shows up on days when I skip those meds too.
 
FunkyWhales78 said:

pinch a tucan said:

FunkyWhales78 said:

pinch a tucan said:

DizzyDog said:

pinch a tucan said:

Do you not get the sense that your pace is too quick?
Nope. That's the reason I'm reaching out to people who've made the switch. I want to know how it went for them going from Mounjaro to Reta.
From what I've seen on reddit, the majority of people who made that change said they liked tirz better. My guess is they were after that appetite suppression. The glucagon agonist component is what pushed me to try reta — that's the sole reason my target is 4mgs/week.

FunkyWhales78 said:

pinch a tucan said:

I messed up by beginning with 2mgs, then added 1mg at the four-week mark. The effects hit me too hard, so I dropped back down. I'm still aiming for 4mgs eventually, but I need to move slowly due to the side effects. Without eating, I can't work out, and without working out, I lose muscle.

If a lower dose is already giving you what you need, what's the reason for going higher?
No need to hurry, it'll come with time. I've come across info that the glucagon receptor agonist becomes more apparent once you hit 4mgs of Reta. However, the intense side effects I experience don't fit with my body recomposition goals, so I'll hold off on increasing until I'm more or less at a plateau.

Real question here. What do you expect that route to give you? I figured hitting more pathways had to be a plus, though I'm leaning toward moving over to Tirz, since I suspect the higher metabolic rate shows up as a faster heartbeat.

To me, the biggest thing these meds do is cut how much you eat, and a lot of the upside follows from losing weight.
I got into Reta purely for its liver-cleaning properties — I wanted to fight my fatty liver — yet after starting, a whole range of other perks showed up. Sleep improved, mood swings disappeared, I focus better at work and in my workouts, joints hurt less, my breathing capacity is nearly 200% of what it used to be (sleep apnea), my high blood pressure stays in check without any medication, my eczema is gone, and I have less tension, soreness, and exercise-related trigger points. One downside: it does reduce empathy, though in my case that has actually been helpful. Given how poor my metabolism was, the benefits are just too many. I've read that Tesa works better for fatty liver disease, but I still don't know much about it. Reta produced miracles within the first 6 weeks, so trying Tesa may never happen for me. What's making you switch to Tirz? Is it only the food noise? A few people stack Reta and Tirz at very low doses.

Ever since I began Reta, my sleep score has taken a consistent beating. What worries me most, though, is that my heart rate climbs during even light tasks and workouts. An injury has kept me from running since I started, but I suspect running would make it much worse.

On top of that, I take ADHD medication, which isn't exactly a helpful pairing. Even so, the effect shows up on days when I skip those meds too.
Yeah, the meds might interact. On average it's 5-10 more beats per minute, and it peaks at 24 weeks. By around week 36 it ought to return to baseline. Still, if it's bothering you, staying off is the safer call.
 
Reta has been amazing for me since I began 6 weeks ago. As for the other GLP1s, I can't really say. My first 4 weeks were at 1mg, then I moved to 2mg on week 5 and have stayed there. Appetite suppression seems a bit stronger now, and I still fill up much faster than I used to. Over these 6 weeks I've dropped 20+lbs, going from 253lbs. The best way to learn your own threshold, I've always heard, is to begin slowly. Overdosing brings nausea and other side effects, which I try to steer clear of. Mounjaro isn't something I know much about, though I've heard it's a step stronger than reta (no idea if that's true). Staying at a low reta dose for as long as it keeps working seems like the right goal to me. I've also come across the idea that moving too fast on reta can fry your receptors. A slow weight loss is preferable to an insane quick drop, so I try to meal prep and meet some protein goals to preserve muscle and keep energy up.
 
DizzyDog said:

3 weeks back, I switched to Reta after being on Mounjaro. I had reached 10mg on Mounjaro, and right now I'm moving up from 4mg Reta, with plans to hit 8mg next week. Could use some guidance!
A jump of that size is excessive.
 
I checked out a few youtube videos. A number of really helpful folks discuss how the ideal dose isn't the maximum you can tolerate, but rather the amount that takes the edge off hunger (without eliminating it) while still being manageable.
 
GuyonReta said:

Reta has been amazing for me since I began 6 weeks ago. As for the other GLP1s, I can't really say. My first 4 weeks were at 1mg, then I moved to 2mg on week 5 and have stayed there. Appetite suppression seems a bit stronger now, and I still fill up much faster than I used to. Over these 6 weeks I've dropped 20+lbs, going from 253lbs. The best way to learn your own threshold, I've always heard, is to begin slowly. Overdosing brings nausea and other side effects, which I try to steer clear of. Mounjaro isn't something I know much about, though I've heard it's a step stronger than reta (no idea if that's true). Staying at a low reta dose for as long as it keeps working seems like the right goal to me. I've also come across the idea that moving too fast on reta can fry your receptors. A slow weight loss is preferable to an insane quick drop, so I try to meal prep and meet some protein goals to preserve muscle and keep energy up.
When it comes to suppressing appetite, this is a notch stronger, yet Reta appears to come out on top between the two for combating inflammation, aiming at fat reduction, and giving metabolism a slightly bigger lift compared to Tirz.
 
Back
Top