DizzyDog
Explorer
3 weeks back, I switched to Reta after being on Mounjaro. I had reached 10mg on Mounjaro, and right now I'm moving up from 4mg Reta, with plans to hit 8mg next week. Could use some guidance!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
DizzyDog said:
3 weeks back, I switched to Reta after being on Mounjaro. I had reached 10mg on Mounjaro, and right now I'm moving up from 4mg Reta, with plans to hit 8mg next week. Could use some guidance!
It doesn’t come anywhere near the effect I had on 10mg Mounjaro. Perhaps I’ll go with 6mg when I hit 4 weeks before anything else.FunkyWhales78 said:
DizzyDog said:
3 weeks back, I switched to Reta after being on Mounjaro. I had reached 10mg on Mounjaro, and right now I'm moving up from 4mg Reta, with plans to hit 8mg next week. Could use some guidance!
What's the rush with your titration? Has 4mg been ineffective for you?
Nope. That's the reason I'm reaching out to people who've made the switch. I want to know how it went for them going from Mounjaro to Reta.pinch a tucan said:
Do you not get the sense that your pace is too quick?
Wow. That seems quite quick.DizzyDog said:
3 weeks back, I switched to Reta after being on Mounjaro. I had reached 10mg on Mounjaro, and right now I'm moving up from 4mg Reta, with plans to hit 8mg next week. Could use some guidance!
I hit the gym 5 days each week. At 4mg, there's no GI trouble, though food noise is strong. Tomorrow I'll move to 8mg; should that prove excessive, I'll drop down to 6mg. Right now I'm also running a Tesa/IPA cycle. Over just more than a year, I've lost 80lbs. Plus, I get more than 200g of protein daily. Nothing I do is taken lightly.Niir0 said:
Wow. That seems quite quick.DizzyDog said:
3 weeks back, I switched to Reta after being on Mounjaro. I had reached 10mg on Mounjaro, and right now I'm moving up from 4mg Reta, with plans to hit 8mg next week. Could use some guidance!
I’m personally making the change from Tirzepatide. I’d stayed at 5mg starting in April, and now I’ve begun titrating with 1mg of Reta. Moving up that fast looks... a bit reckless.
What made you stop using Mounjaro? Could it be worth stacking a bit of Mounjaro alongside the reta? A number of us have had positive outcomes by pairing them. Hopefully you’ll rediscover a routine that suits you.DizzyDog said:
It doesn’t come anywhere near the effect I had on 10mg Mounjaro. Perhaps I’ll go with 6mg when I hit 4 weeks before anything else.FunkyWhales78 said:
DizzyDog said:
3 weeks back, I switched to Reta after being on Mounjaro. I had reached 10mg on Mounjaro, and right now I'm moving up from 4mg Reta, with plans to hit 8mg next week. Could use some guidance!
What's the rush with your titration? Has 4mg been ineffective for you?
Nice work dropping 80 pounds!DizzyDog said:
I hit the gym 5 days each week. At 4mg, there's no GI trouble, though food noise is strong. Tomorrow I'll move to 8mg; should that prove excessive, I'll drop down to 6mg. Right now I'm also running a Tesa/IPA cycle. Over just more than a year, I've lost 80lbs. Plus, I get more than 200g of protein daily. Nothing I do is taken lightly.Niir0 said:
Wow. That seems quite quick.DizzyDog said:
3 weeks back, I switched to Reta after being on Mounjaro. I had reached 10mg on Mounjaro, and right now I'm moving up from 4mg Reta, with plans to hit 8mg next week. Could use some guidance!
I’m personally making the change from Tirzepatide. I’d stayed at 5mg starting in April, and now I’ve begun titrating with 1mg of Reta. Moving up that fast looks... a bit reckless.
pinch a tucan said:
I messed up by beginning with 2mgs, then added 1mg at the four-week mark. The effects hit me too hard, so I dropped back down. I'm still aiming for 4mgs eventually, but I need to move slowly due to the side effects. Without eating, I can't work out, and without working out, I lose muscle.
From what I've seen on reddit, the majority of people who made that change said they liked tirz better. My guess is they were after that appetite suppression. The glucagon agonist component is what pushed me to try reta — that's the sole reason my target is 4mgs/week.DizzyDog said:
Nope. That's the reason I'm reaching out to people who've made the switch. I want to know how it went for them going from Mounjaro to Reta.pinch a tucan said:
Do you not get the sense that your pace is too quick?
No need to hurry, it'll come with time. I've come across info that the glucagon receptor agonist becomes more apparent once you hit 4mgs of Reta. However, the intense side effects I experience don't fit with my body recomposition goals, so I'll hold off on increasing until I'm more or less at a plateau.FunkyWhales78 said:
pinch a tucan said:
I messed up by beginning with 2mgs, then added 1mg at the four-week mark. The effects hit me too hard, so I dropped back down. I'm still aiming for 4mgs eventually, but I need to move slowly due to the side effects. Without eating, I can't work out, and without working out, I lose muscle.
If a lower dose is already giving you what you need, what's the reason for going higher?
pinch a tucan said:
From what I've seen on reddit, the majority of people who made that change said they liked tirz better. My guess is they were after that appetite suppression. The glucagon agonist component is what pushed me to try reta — that's the sole reason my target is 4mgs/week.DizzyDog said:
Nope. That's the reason I'm reaching out to people who've made the switch. I want to know how it went for them going from Mounjaro to Reta.pinch a tucan said:
Do you not get the sense that your pace is too quick?
No need to hurry, it'll come with time. I've come across info that the glucagon receptor agonist becomes more apparent once you hit 4mgs of Reta. However, the intense side effects I experience don't fit with my body recomposition goals, so I'll hold off on increasing until I'm more or less at a plateau.FunkyWhales78 said:
pinch a tucan said:
I messed up by beginning with 2mgs, then added 1mg at the four-week mark. The effects hit me too hard, so I dropped back down. I'm still aiming for 4mgs eventually, but I need to move slowly due to the side effects. Without eating, I can't work out, and without working out, I lose muscle.
If a lower dose is already giving you what you need, what's the reason for going higher?
Going from 4 straight to 8 is a huge jump! Reta is a completely different animal, even if you were on 10mg Mounjaro before.DizzyDog said:
3 weeks back, I switched to Reta after being on Mounjaro. I had reached 10mg on Mounjaro, and right now I'm moving up from 4mg Reta, with plans to hit 8mg next week. Could use some guidance!
I got into Reta purely for its liver-cleaning properties — I wanted to fight my fatty liver — yet after starting, a whole range of other perks showed up. Sleep improved, mood swings disappeared, I focus better at work and in my workouts, joints hurt less, my breathing capacity is nearly 200% of what it used to be (sleep apnea), my high blood pressure stays in check without any medication, my eczema is gone, and I have less tension, soreness, and exercise-related trigger points. One downside: it does reduce empathy, though in my case that has actually been helpful. Given how poor my metabolism was, the benefits are just too many. I've read that Tesa works better for fatty liver disease, but I still don't know much about it. Reta produced miracles within the first 6 weeks, so trying Tesa may never happen for me. What's making you switch to Tirz? Is it only the food noise? A few people stack Reta and Tirz at very low doses.FunkyWhales78 said:
pinch a tucan said:
From what I've seen on reddit, the majority of people who made that change said they liked tirz better. My guess is they were after that appetite suppression. The glucagon agonist component is what pushed me to try reta — that's the sole reason my target is 4mgs/week.DizzyDog said:
Nope. That's the reason I'm reaching out to people who've made the switch. I want to know how it went for them going from Mounjaro to Reta.pinch a tucan said:
Do you not get the sense that your pace is too quick?
No need to hurry, it'll come with time. I've come across info that the glucagon receptor agonist becomes more apparent once you hit 4mgs of Reta. However, the intense side effects I experience don't fit with my body recomposition goals, so I'll hold off on increasing until I'm more or less at a plateau.FunkyWhales78 said:
pinch a tucan said:
I messed up by beginning with 2mgs, then added 1mg at the four-week mark. The effects hit me too hard, so I dropped back down. I'm still aiming for 4mgs eventually, but I need to move slowly due to the side effects. Without eating, I can't work out, and without working out, I lose muscle.
If a lower dose is already giving you what you need, what's the reason for going higher?
Real question here. What do you expect that route to give you? I figured hitting more pathways had to be a plus, though I'm leaning toward moving over to Tirz, since I suspect the higher metabolic rate shows up as a faster heartbeat.
To me, the biggest thing these meds do is cut how much you eat, and a lot of the upside follows from losing weight.