INTRO Posting my thanks

phslion

Explorer
Joined
Aug 5, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Utah
Hi all, I figured I'd say hello and share how grateful I am for this community. Making the move over from Reddit has felt like a breath of fresh air.

A little about me: I'm 40-something, and for 10 years I've been dealing with gradual weight gain. My health kept declining, and 2 years ago I took a job that involved far less movement, which wrecked whatever balance I had between health and weight. I've fallen into plenty of diet traps, just like a lot of people. Cutting carbs usually helped me feel better, but on bad days I'd slip, cheat, and eat too much.

My doctor brought up Mounjaro earlier this year. Sadly, insurance refused to pay, and $400 per shot felt absurd. About then, a YouTube video on peptides caught my eye, and I began researching grey sources. I'd already bought asthma inhalers from alternative suppliers at a fraction of the price for similar money reasons, so the concept didn't scare me.

July was when I finally went for it, locating a US-based single-vial supplier that costs way less than the official pens. A month and a half later: I've lost 20 lbs, picked up other peptides too, and it feels fantastic. Happy to be here!
 
I'm in my 40's as well! Reddit can be such a cesspool 🫠 but I'm happy that you're here and locating the research you need.
 
Same situation here. 50 is coming up quickly for me, and for the past several years I've been visiting my doctor hoping to get GLPs. The prescriptions came through, but insurance always refused to pay. Starting out would have run me more than $1000 each month. Then I came across this site along with a couple of others, and I've never regretted it. What I need now costs me a fraction of what the doctor route would have demanded. Wishing you the best.
 
Glad you're here! I'm in my 50's, and my weight has crept up year after year too. I mostly read on Reddit, but a Facebook group is what brought me to this community, and I'm really grateful for that. Wishing you the best.
 
Back
Top