INTRO Portugal, 95kg and struggling to shift it

Sayonpep

Explorer
Joined
Aug 21, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Lisbon
Hey all. Posting for the first time — clearly — a 36 yo male, 176cm, and weight has been a struggle for most of my teens and adult life. Up and down has always been my pattern, particularly across the last 5 years, when I've lost and regained 30kg on two separate occasions. Last December was my personal best at 79kg; today the number is 95kg, we've just had a baby, and getting the weight off is proving hard.

What to eat, how to count macros, how to train — none of that is a mystery to me; 23 days of doing it consistently has produced no movement on the scale, and emotionally that's breaking me. Water retention from creatine is a thing I'm aware of, but a slimmer me should definitely be arriving faster.

Reta is what I've decided to bring in to help the process along — and it'll be the first time I've leaned on "help" at all. My reading suggests 1mg/week as the starting point, adjusting later if needed, with proper titration and a close eye on sides.

Pointers of any kind would be very welcome.

Cheers!
 
Sayonpep said:


Hey all, First time posting - obviously - I'm a 36 yo male, 176cm, struggled with weight most of my teen and adult life. Always very much up and down in weight especially in the last 5 years where I've lost and gained 30kg two times now. Last December hit my personal best at 79kg, today I'm at 95kg, I've recently had a baby and I'm struggling to get weight off.

I know exactly what I'm doing when it comes to what to eat, counting macros, working out - I've been doing it consistently for the past 23 days and no weight is coming off, which is breaking me emotionally. I know creatine creates water retention but I should definitely be getting slimmer, faster.

I've made the decision of trying out Reta to help me with this process and will be the first time I'll be using "help". From my research, I plan on trying out 1mg/week and adjust if I feel the need to with proper titrating and attention to sides.

If you have any pointers, I'll gladly take them.

Thanks!

Click to expand...
Just a brief update from me:

I began Reta 4 weeks back and I've dropped close to 7kg. My calorie intake has been tracked 100% and I haven't skipped any workout. My starting dose was 1mg/week, then in week 3 I moved up to 1.5mg, and I'll give it a couple more weeks before judging the dose. So far it's been great, with zero side effects apart from a brief dip in stamina and strength during my workouts, but I'm working through that.

Has anyone else on Reta run into this?

Thanks!
 
Back
Top