INTRO Past the rough patch and eyeing the next step

mack_s

Explorer
Joined
Aug 19, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Ireland
Hi all!

Around 6 weeks ago this journey began for me. Reta is what I've started on, with some weight loss as the hope.

Those opening weeks were brutal, for whatever reason. The dose I opened with was tiny, just 0.5mg, and the fatigue that followed went beyond anything I'd imagined. Keeping my eyes open through the day was impossible, and coffee stopped having any effect on me at all. I very nearly threw in the towel!

Then the electrolytes went up a lot, and vitamin B12 (which might just be placebo, to be fair) seems to have been the turning point — my energy came back. 1mg is the current dose, though the food noise is starting to creep back, so 2mg is likely soon, then a re-assessment.

tesa/ipa has been ordered too, with body recomp as the goal — nothing delivered yet, and I'm still reading up on what dose to open with.

Anyway, glad to be jumping into conversations, and I'll chip in wherever I can!
 
Back
Top