INTRO New Here from New England

Crankypug

Explorer
Joined
Sep 29, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
MA
Navigating these pages is a real struggle for me haha. Obviously I'm a newcomer. I'm located in the New England areas. The main reason I joined the forum is to find out whether the sources and sites I'm using are legit, so I'm not getting scammed out of hundreds of dollars. I realize that topic isn't allowed to be discussed, and I don't even know how to DM, so maybe this is pointless haha. I'm a 35 male. Overweight. I've started going back to the gym and I'm taking trt and reta. After 4 weeks roughly there's been no movement on the scale, I'm pretty disappointed and feeling hopeless. I figured there would be something. I just have a feeling my stuff is fake. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
Crankypug said:

Navigating these pages is a real struggle for me haha. Obviously I'm a newcomer. I'm located in the New England areas. The main reason I joined the forum is to find out whether the sources and sites I'm using are legit, so I'm not getting scammed out of hundreds of dollars. I realize that topic isn't allowed to be discussed, and I don't even know how to DM, so maybe this is pointless haha. I'm a 35 male. Overweight. I've started going back to the gym and I'm taking trt and reta. After 4 weeks roughly there's been no movement on the scale, I'm pretty disappointed and feeling hopeless. I figured there would be something. I just have a feeling my stuff is fake. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Glad to have you!

Have you calculated your TDEE, and do you keep a rough log of the calories you take in each day so that you stay in a deficit?
 
Yep, 250 lbs at 6’2. My daily intake is roughly 2500 cal. I hit the gym 4-5 days a week and do intermittent fasting 4-5 days a week as well. My test levels dropped, which is why I’m on trt. The goal is to get to about 210. There’s a lot of subq fat around my trunk and some on my chest. Honestly, even if the scale read higher but I had less trunk fat and more muscle, I’d be happy haha
 
Crankypug said:

Yep, 250 lbs at 6’2. My daily intake is roughly 2500 cal. I hit the gym 4-5 days a week and do intermittent fasting 4-5 days a week as well. My test levels dropped, which is why I’m on trt. The goal is to get to about 210. There’s a lot of subq fat around my trunk and some on my chest. Honestly, even if the scale read higher but I had less trunk fat and more muscle, I’d be happy haha
Our stats line up nearly perfectly, haha. I'm also just getting started here. Reta has been part of my routine for roughly a month at this point. New England is where I'm based too. There's a ton of useful material on this forum — I wind up spending hours just clicking around and reading through threads.
 
Every one of us just starting out is in the same situation. Kind of feels like drifting through mist, haha

Your goals seem sensible and right in line. Don't stop!!!
 
Back
Top