whynotlxix
Explorer
I chose to give tirzepatide a shot since stress eating has made it hard for me to shed pounds. Having previously followed both keto and carnivore ways of eating, I'm aware they can help me drop weight fast. So I paired a carnivore diet with the calorie deficit that tirzepatide provides.
Near the end of May I placed my tirzepatide order, planning to begin on June 1st. Then I learned weekend shipping isn't available, meaning it wouldn't arrive on time. That got me thinking I truly wanted to find out how effective the tirzepatide was on its own. Yet I didn't want tirzepatide getting the credit for the carnivore diet pushing me into ketosis and flushing out all the water weight I knew would come off right away. Based on my past keto runs, I know my body easily sheds 10 lbs of water in the 1st week. So I went ahead and began my carnivore diet on June 1st anyway. For monitoring my weight loss I bought a digital scale that syncs with my phone for tracking. On Sunday, May 30th I weighed 320.3 lbs. My plan was to lose 20lbs the first month, 20lbs the second month and 10lbs for the months after that.
That week my tirzepatide arrived, and given the reports of constipation and diarrhea, I figured the start of the weekend when I'm off work would be the best moment to take my first dose in case any bad reactions came up.
My first shot, keeping in mind I have a needle phobia. I've had that fear since childhood. It started the first time I went to the dentist and my brothers tried to scare me, making it worse than it already was. Then I had a dream where everyone in town was chasing me with needles, so I ran all night long to get away from them. Not wanting to watch the injection. I tried to convince my wife to do it. That was a big no from her. So I asked a friend to shoot me, again I was turned down. So after about a 1 hour, of trying to psych myself up to do it, I finally opened the pack of needles. I prepped my injection site with an alcohol wipe, removed the needle cover to load the syringe with the vile. To my surprise and excitement, the needle was nowhere near the size they used to be on my uncle's, old, diabetes insulin syringes. I loaded the syringe with the 25 units and proceeded to inject myself, barely even felt the needle.
The following morning Sunday June 7th, I stepped on the scale, 306.4 lbs registered as my starting weight for the tirzepatide. 13.9 lbs dropped the first week due strictly to the carnivore diet and water weight loss that is typical of ketosis.
Near the end of May I placed my tirzepatide order, planning to begin on June 1st. Then I learned weekend shipping isn't available, meaning it wouldn't arrive on time. That got me thinking I truly wanted to find out how effective the tirzepatide was on its own. Yet I didn't want tirzepatide getting the credit for the carnivore diet pushing me into ketosis and flushing out all the water weight I knew would come off right away. Based on my past keto runs, I know my body easily sheds 10 lbs of water in the 1st week. So I went ahead and began my carnivore diet on June 1st anyway. For monitoring my weight loss I bought a digital scale that syncs with my phone for tracking. On Sunday, May 30th I weighed 320.3 lbs. My plan was to lose 20lbs the first month, 20lbs the second month and 10lbs for the months after that.
That week my tirzepatide arrived, and given the reports of constipation and diarrhea, I figured the start of the weekend when I'm off work would be the best moment to take my first dose in case any bad reactions came up.
My first shot, keeping in mind I have a needle phobia. I've had that fear since childhood. It started the first time I went to the dentist and my brothers tried to scare me, making it worse than it already was. Then I had a dream where everyone in town was chasing me with needles, so I ran all night long to get away from them. Not wanting to watch the injection. I tried to convince my wife to do it. That was a big no from her. So I asked a friend to shoot me, again I was turned down. So after about a 1 hour, of trying to psych myself up to do it, I finally opened the pack of needles. I prepped my injection site with an alcohol wipe, removed the needle cover to load the syringe with the vile. To my surprise and excitement, the needle was nowhere near the size they used to be on my uncle's, old, diabetes insulin syringes. I loaded the syringe with the 25 units and proceeded to inject myself, barely even felt the needle.
The following morning Sunday June 7th, I stepped on the scale, 306.4 lbs registered as my starting weight for the tirzepatide. 13.9 lbs dropped the first week due strictly to the carnivore diet and water weight loss that is typical of ketosis.