INTRO Maybe too small for my weight from Germany

BlueOwl

Explorer
Joined
Sep 19, 2026
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Location
Germany
Hey there!

I'm a guy from Germany who's overweight. My first time trying GLP-1 meds was with Ozempic in December of 25.

Unfortunately, GLP-1s never did much for me. At the start I weighed 150 kg and stood 1,86 m tall (330 lbs, 6'1). Now I'm down to 140 kg (308 lbs). Every bit of that loss came from the old-fashioned approach: moving around more and tracking calories. At best, the medication made it easier to eat a bit less in terms of volume. But as everyone knows, volume and calories aren't the same thing. I simply couldn't stop myself from eating junk.

I've spent a lot of time wondering why I didn't respond well. It's not that I felt nothing. My digestion slowed down, I got full sooner, and heartburn showed up pretty often (the only unpleasant side effect I've ever dealt with). So it did help me eat less volume, but it didn't stop the cravings for junk.

Back then... mentally I was in a really rough place. I worked for myself from home, had no partner, no kids, no pet. Every single minute of the day I was alone, and the one bright spot was eating something tasty. I assume that played a part. These days things are better, though. I'm employed by someone else again, I have great colleagues and a lot of fun with them at work, and I'm not stuck at home feeling lonely all the time. Still, my GLP-1 results didn't really improve.

Until the end of July I was on Wegovy 1 mg, then on July 30th I made the switch to Reta. Only in the past week, since going up to 5 mg, have I started feeling the effects for the first time.

I joined to swap stories and pick up things from all of you. Talking about this with people who know me face to face isn't something I'm comfortable with.

Outside of GLP-1 stuff: I support Borussia Dortmund, I'm eagerly waiting for the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time remake, and PC hardware is something I'm really good at.
 
Ayy, another member of the pc crowd 🙂

There are folks out there who don't respond much to glp meds. I've come across accounts of people who moved from ozempic to a different option and finally saw results that way. I've also heard of cases where absolutely nothing did the trick. I'm not claiming you're hyper resistant to glps, since I don't know you or your full set of habits, but that's one thing that could be going on.

You said your mental state was in a pretty rough place. Stress and anxiety can hit the body in a lot of different ways. A wired article covered people who are resistant to glps, and it brings up stress and endocrine function, plus a bunch of other factors, but for me those 2 are the big ones when it comes to weight regulation. So if you think you're a non responder, maybe consider an endocrine checkup first.

What's interesting is that you said you're only now feeling Reta's effects, and you've been on it for about 7 weeks. Had you not been feeling anything at all? Not even small effects? Most people seem to notice it as soon as the next day, or within the first week at the latest. Maybe you weren't feeling anything because you'd already been on glps before, and that was masking the effects. Another possibility is that you simply needed a higher dose, though 5mg seems to sit around the middle in terms of dosage.

Either way, good luck on the journey, it's only up from here man! I'm potentially looking to start Reta myself too.

Zelda is pretty cool as well..
 
Hello @BlueOwl .Reta is amazing for me as well, I've dropped 40 lbs up to now. Have fun on the forum, and you're headed toward success. 😉
 
@almon Thanks for the kind welcome! If Reta doesn't do anything either, then I seriously ought to get checked out by a doctor. That said, as I mentioned, Semaglutide wasn't useless for me. My appetite does get suppressed by it, yet it still wasn't able to keep me from eating the wrong things.

About Reta: no, I didn't notice even the slightest effect. I've come across many reports saying Reta is weaker than Sema when it comes to suppressing appetite, and jumping straight from 1 mg of Wegovy to just 1 mg of Reta could be a really rough step down. I moved up to 2 mg in week 2, then to 4 mg by week 5, and felt nothing at all. After that I changed suppliers, took 4 mg in the first week, and right away it felt different. At 5 now, the effect is really noticeable. It's possible my first supplier was badly under-dosed or fake. I can't say for sure.

@ssmith I really hope it will. No weight loss yet, but I have a feeling that could change before long.
 
Back
Top