INTRO M48 that's pre-diabetic

Wangta

Explorer
Joined
Sep 20, 2026
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
Nevada
Hi everyone - I'm a 48-year-old man. Even though I eat very restrictively and work out every day, my A1C is 6.0. My doctor is about to write me a prescription for a GLP1; his goal is for me to drop another 20-30 lbs. Right now I weigh 210lbs (95kg) and stand 6' tall (183cm).

I joined to find out more about GLP1s. Since I'm pretty active - basketball and soccer 2 times a week - I'm worried about starting these, because I don't want my performance to suffer.
 
Hi!

Glad to have you here on the forum, and I hope it turns out to be exactly the resource you were after — there's a lot of knowledge to be found here.
 
Bananen said:

Hi!

Glad to have you here on the forum, and I hope it turns out to be exactly the resource you were after — there's a lot of knowledge to be found here.
Thanks. Yeah, I've been going through posts for a few hours each day - there's a ton of info out there!
 
Welcome Wangta! I'm a 58-year-old guy whose labs from the past 1-2 years raised some red flags. My Dr started me on BP meds, brought up a statin, and told me I'd need to be watched for pre-diabetes. For me, Tirz has genuinely been a life saver. I no longer take BP meds, I walk 2-5 miles daily and lift weights 3 days a week. A few weeks back I ran my own labs, and the results beat my July labs from the Doc and were WAY better than what my Jan labs showed. At 6'2" I've dropped 50lbs down to 230, still a ways to go, but it's a good start.
 
Back
Top