INTRO Lurker Status: Deactivated

OriginLots

Explorer
Joined
Sep 12, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
WV, USA
Hey all!

Putting myself out there isn't really my thing, but here goes nothing.

One of those 2am ADHD-fueled internet deep dives led me to this place a few months back. I've popped in and out quietly for a while, and today I finally went ahead and made an account. Quick snapshot: 43, single, raising teenage twins on my own, and the last 10-15 years have handed us more than a few surprises.

What brings me here is mostly a hunger for information and knowledge. College gave me a Chemistry background, so the scientific angle has always pulled me in. And yes, like plenty of others, I've ridden the up-and-down weight loss wave for the past couple of years, though things have slid backward for me lately. Zepbound was part of my routine for roughly a year, and at my best I had dropped 88lbs, but the price eventually made it impossible to continue. Right around then (classic Murphy's Law) I wrecked my knee badly enough to need surgery, so the combination of those 2 things hit me hard. As of now, nearly all of that weight is back, and honestly my appetite feels bigger than it's ever been.

My job lets me work from home, which some would call a stroke of luck and others a trap, but for me it's meant extra hours to get back to fundamentals and build healthier routines, particularly around what I eat and how I fuel myself. Staying curious about new approaches matters to me, and so does being there for people who need support. Obviously, staying healthy myself comes first if I want to do that. Ask me anything, because I know this intro is all over the place.

I'd love to connect with people on the same wavelength or folks who've walked a similar road, so I can pick up tips and guidance. My kids and my own future are why I want as many years as possible. There's no doubt I've got a whole collection of health quirks and problems..but my hope is that losing weight can improve most of them, and truthfully...everything just felt better back when the weight was off.

Can't wait to chat with and learn from as many of you as possible, and thanks for welcoming me in!
 
ADHD rabbit hole brought me here as well. Welcome aboard! Routine really matters. Zepbound helps a lot, but it can't beat lifestyle on its own. Hope your knee isn't giving you too much trouble.
 
lol I also ended up here through a late night doom scrolling rabbit hole research session! Wishing you the best on your journey, and those teenagers … I have a couple myself and am all too familiar with the curveballs!
 
7.62fmj said:

ADHD rabbit hole brought me here as well. Welcome aboard! Routine really matters. Zepbound helps a lot, but it can't beat lifestyle on its own. Hope your knee isn't giving you too much trouble.
Yeah, that lesson came with a price...in the beginning I basically pushed through without listening. Dropped a bunch of pounds, but not in a healthy manner. This time around, I'm committed to doing things properly. It's wild how much relief my knee got once 60 lbs came off 🤣 Appreciate you replying!
 
7.62fmj said:

ADHD rabbit hole brought me here as well. Welcome aboard! Routine really matters. Zepbound helps a lot, but it can't beat lifestyle on its own. Hope your knee isn't giving you too much trouble.
That username is great!
 
Tharros said:

7.62fmj said:

ADHD rabbit hole brought me here as well. Welcome aboard! Routine really matters. Zepbound helps a lot, but it can't beat lifestyle on its own. Hope your knee isn't giving you too much trouble.
That username is great!
I've crossed paths with R Lee Ermey on 2 separate occasions! He turned out to be incredibly friendly.
 
7.62fmj said:

Tharros said:

7.62fmj said:

ADHD rabbit hole brought me here as well. Welcome aboard! Routine really matters. Zepbound helps a lot, but it can't beat lifestyle on its own. Hope your knee isn't giving you too much trouble.
That username is great!
I've crossed paths with R Lee Ermey on 2 separate occasions! He turned out to be incredibly friendly.
Setting life goals, haha … that's really awesome, dude!
 
7.62fmj said:

ADHD rabbit hole brought me here as well. Welcome aboard! Routine really matters. Zepbound helps a lot, but it can't beat lifestyle on its own. Hope your knee isn't giving you too much trouble.
Reta is able to 😉 However, when it comes to GLP use, the general consensus appears to be that strength training is the obvious choice for avoiding muscle loss. That could mean simply cranking a secondhand recumbent bike up to its top resistance level, or knocking out a few pushups. As for diet, I find that a lot more open to debate.
 
Calm Logic said:

7.62fmj said:

ADHD rabbit hole brought me here as well. Welcome aboard! Routine really matters. Zepbound helps a lot, but it can't beat lifestyle on its own. Hope your knee isn't giving you too much trouble.
Reta is able to 😉 However, when it comes to GLP use, the general consensus appears to be that strength training is the obvious choice for avoiding muscle loss. That could mean simply cranking a secondhand recumbent bike up to its top resistance level, or knocking out a few pushups. As for diet, I find that a lot more open to debate.
Simply label it carb loading. That way it counts as fitness rather than overeating 👌
 
Hello everyone, just wanted to say hi. I know how it feels to read along quietly for a while before finally posting — I've been there too 🙂
 
Back
Top