INTRO Intro. Started reta 5 weeks ago

laurentsearchesreta said:

Hi all. Writing from europe. Just finished week 5 of reta at 2.5mg per week. Down roughly 15lbs, though im also watching what i eat and training. The food noise hasnt gone away one bit and im hungry around the clock. Tempted to bump up to 5mg, but in europe the price is pretty steep..
Glad you're here! That scenario sounds familiar to me. Adding tirz into the mix made a difference for me; these days I'm maintaining on 1mg reta plus 1mg tirz each week. Just maybe keep an eye on dropping weight that fast . . . wishing you the best!
 
If food noise is causing you trouble, it might be worth trying a change to tirz, or perhaps combining the two.
 
laurentsearchesreta said:

Hi all. Writing from europe. Just finished week 5 of reta at 2.5mg per week. Down roughly 15lbs, though im also watching what i eat and training. The food noise hasnt gone away one bit and im hungry around the clock. Tempted to bump up to 5mg, but in europe the price is pretty steep..
Roughly 5 weeks have passed for me too, and I’m taking 1 mg each week. From what I’ve gathered, the real advantages need a while to show up. Next week I intend to raise it to 1.5. Up to now I haven’t had any unpleasant side effects. Wishing you the best on your journey!!!
 
Bel1961 said:

laurentsearchesreta said:

Hi all. Writing from europe. Just finished week 5 of reta at 2.5mg per week. Down roughly 15lbs, though im also watching what i eat and training. The food noise hasnt gone away one bit and im hungry around the clock. Tempted to bump up to 5mg, but in europe the price is pretty steep..
Roughly 5 weeks have passed for me too, and I’m taking 1 mg each week. From what I’ve gathered, the real advantages need a while to show up. Next week I intend to raise it to 1.5. Up to now I haven’t had any unpleasant side effects. Wishing you the best on your journey!!!
I’m in the same situation. I began at 1mg, stayed at 1mg this week, but I’m thinking about moving up to 2mg next week.
 
I'd argue that having any testing done beats having none whatsoever. From what I've gathered up to this point, sourcing is truly a lawless frontier.

I'm thinking about writing a post that lays out how the whole market looks, or at least the parts I've managed to figure out. I wouldn't be naming any sources—just describing the tiers that exist, from manufacturers and distributers down through re-sellers and the light grey market, and how each one stacks up when it comes to testing and risk. The Stairway to Grey website had a lot of useful information. Perhaps those with more experience could help fill in what I'm missing.
 
The problem I'll be dealing with roughly a week from now concerns my wife. She had been using DDC for her Tirz, and that arrangement is finishing up. She has no interest in handing them a large sum once more, so I went ahead and got her some Tirz. I picked up a large amount through GB, which will undergo multiple rounds of testing, but that shipment is months away. On top of that, I bought a kit from a vendor with a strong reputation, though it's a fresh batch, and I'm in a group test where the plan is to hold off until enough participants join so that the testing costs them essentially nothing. That could drag on for weeks, after which comes Jano, which by some accounts has been taking considerably longer to turn around tests. They refuse to look at Freedom, Peptidetest or others. So it's possible the GB material gets tested before I ever see results for this single kit, unless I shell out the big money for testing it myself. Meanwhile, I grabbed 4 vials of Tirz as a stopgap from a solid source, and those come with what look like legitimate Jano tests on the product. Still, since it's for my wife rather than me, I'm being overly careful (LOL). Most likely I'll end up as the guinea pig, injecting myself with the Tirz (at a very low dosage) despite not using it myself (I'm on Reta), just to find out whether it triggers anything.
 
laurentsearchesreta said:

Hi all. Writing from europe. Just finished week 5 of reta at 2.5mg per week. Down roughly 15lbs, though im also watching what i eat and training. The food noise hasnt gone away one bit and im hungry around the clock. Tempted to bump up to 5mg, but in europe the price is pretty steep..
I’ve reached week 6 at 4mg, though I dropped back to 2mg because the side effects were easier to handle there—mainly those foul burps that hit me around the clock. At this point I may simply ride out the remainder of the cycle at 2mg, given that I’ve already shed a fair bit of weight on lower doses. I continue to eat, just in reduced amounts. I notice others using it for the long haul. Still, for the time being, I figure 1 cycle could carry me to my targets, provided I stay disciplined.
 
Blueeyedme said:

laurentsearchesreta said:

Appreciate the responses. Still, what’s the way to confirm that my reta is actually legit?

Third-party testing — done alone, through a group buy, or by cross-referencing batch numbers on platforms such as STG or FFPG….or simply put your faith in your supplier.
What does FFPG stand for?
 
I'm in week 3. Began at 2mg and dealt with a lot of indigestion. Dropped it to 1mg, and now I have no negative side effects at all, plus "food noise".
 
laurentsearchesreta said:

Hi all. Writing from europe. Just finished week 5 of reta at 2.5mg per week. Down roughly 15lbs, though im also watching what i eat and training. The food noise hasnt gone away one bit and im hungry around the clock. Tempted to bump up to 5mg, but in europe the price is pretty steep..
Glad you're here — I just joined too. For 7 weeks now I've been on compounded tirzepatide, and it's given me solid appetite control along with a noticeable drop in food noise. Combining tirz with Reta is something I'm really curious about. At the moment I'm only at 5mg of tirz, and I've been reading everything I can on gradually tapering that down while adding in roughly 1mg of Reta, working toward a point where I keep the suppression from tirz plus whatever Reta brings.

Wishing you the best!
 
Back
Top