Davidondiet
Explorer
Hey all — David here. I'm 31 and I live in Texas right now.
My first exposure to retatrutide came through an episode of The Diary of a CEO featuring Dr. Alex Tatem. That sparked my interest, and as tends to happen online, one rabbit hole pulled me into the next. Before long I was spending a good amount of time on Reddit, reading through people's experiences and picking up more information about retatrutide and GLP-1s overall.
The weight loss itself wasn't the only thing that grabbed me. Over and over I saw people describing food noise going away, cravings becoming far more manageable, feeling less impulsive around food, and a few even bringing up shifts involving alcohol or other compulsive behaviors. I'm fully aware that Reddit stories don't carry the same weight as actual research, but it was compelling enough that I wanted to look into it further.
I'm brand new to all of this and have no medical background whatsoever, so my main reason for joining is to learn from folks who've been on these medications for a while. I want to hear both sides — results, side effects, mistakes, dosing experiences, things you wish you'd known before starting, and so on.
I'm also working on getting better at telling apart what's genuinely backed by evidence and what's just hype, which is bound to happen with anything drawing this much attention.
A bit more about me outside of this — I'm married, I have a young child, and I've spent most of my adult life running different businesses. Things can get pretty hectic, so the notion that biology, appetite and food noise might matter far more for weight management than just telling someone to "have more willpower" is something I've grown really interested in.
So that's pretty much what led me here. Excited to read everyone's experiences, learn as much as I can, and hopefully share some of my own experience down the road.
My first exposure to retatrutide came through an episode of The Diary of a CEO featuring Dr. Alex Tatem. That sparked my interest, and as tends to happen online, one rabbit hole pulled me into the next. Before long I was spending a good amount of time on Reddit, reading through people's experiences and picking up more information about retatrutide and GLP-1s overall.
The weight loss itself wasn't the only thing that grabbed me. Over and over I saw people describing food noise going away, cravings becoming far more manageable, feeling less impulsive around food, and a few even bringing up shifts involving alcohol or other compulsive behaviors. I'm fully aware that Reddit stories don't carry the same weight as actual research, but it was compelling enough that I wanted to look into it further.
I'm brand new to all of this and have no medical background whatsoever, so my main reason for joining is to learn from folks who've been on these medications for a while. I want to hear both sides — results, side effects, mistakes, dosing experiences, things you wish you'd known before starting, and so on.
I'm also working on getting better at telling apart what's genuinely backed by evidence and what's just hype, which is bound to happen with anything drawing this much attention.
A bit more about me outside of this — I'm married, I have a young child, and I've spent most of my adult life running different businesses. Things can get pretty hectic, so the notion that biology, appetite and food noise might matter far more for weight management than just telling someone to "have more willpower" is something I've grown really interested in.
So that's pretty much what led me here. Excited to read everyone's experiences, learn as much as I can, and hopefully share some of my own experience down the road.