INTRO Howdy, 32 y.o athlete. Combat sports anyone?

Shogun185

Explorer
Joined
Sep 27, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
USA Boston
Hey everyone, thought I'd say hello. I'm 32, I compete in combat sports, and for years now I've been trying to cut down into a weight class where I'd actually be competitive. Build like Fedor, minus the skill set.

I gave wegovy a go for a stretch. It quieted down some of the binge eating urges, but the scale barely moved. Now I want to understand the pep world better, though it's honestly a maze out there and figuring out what's legit versus what isn't is tough. That said, one pep in particular has my attention (reta).

I'd love to hear from anyone about whether their athletic performance shifted while on ret? And I'm also wondering what the experience of stopping it is like. Fingers crossed there aren't lasting downsides once the body is no longer receiving what honestly seems like nectar from the gods.

Best.
 
Not me personally, but my brother, who doesn't have an account on here.

He's a blue belt in Jiu Jitsu.

According to him, reta initially left him feeling more wiped out, because he couldn't consume as much food as he previously did while still burning the same amount each day.

I've been attempting to get him using better recovery peptides, the wolverine stack plus likely something to help with sleep.

I'd also recommend you take a look at the wolverine stack, it's a game changer and might be useful for you if, or I suppose considering that you're a combat sports athlete, when you pick up an injury.
 
NotNba said:

Not me personally, but my brother, who doesn't have an account on here.

He's a blue belt in Jiu Jitsu.

According to him, reta initially left him feeling more wiped out, because he couldn't consume as much food as he previously did while still burning the same amount each day.

I've been attempting to get him using better recovery peptides, the wolverine stack plus likely something to help with sleep.

I'd also recommend you take a look at the wolverine stack, it's a game changer and might be useful for you if, or I suppose considering that you're a combat sports athlete, when you pick up an injury.
That tracks. My thinking is that I'll need to come off Reta while doing weight cuts, because the water manipulation can get a little risky. Curious whether anybody can share how things went for them once they stopped Reta. If your system struggles to keep energy up without that external glucagon
 
Honestly, I feel like I have more energy these days than I did during those last 4 months on reta.

I'm 3 weeks into a 6 week vacation. Could just be the vacation doing it 🤣 or maybe it's the extra calories, since calories on vacations don't count 🤣🤣
 
Shogun185 said:

That tracks. My thinking is that I'll need to come off Reta while doing weight cuts, because the water manipulation can get a little risky. Curious whether anybody can share how things went for them once they stopped Reta. If your system struggles to keep energy up without that external glucagon
Until there's been a lot of testing in humans, nobody can say for certain, but I suspect it's less intricate than that. From what I've gone through myself, the only thing Reta changed was that it severed the link between expecting food and my reward center. Food, alcohol and sex still give me pleasure, but they're no longer things I obsess over.

Because the injection is weekly, I can sort of predict how quitting will feel, since the day before my dose I start having thoughts along the lines of "We should order a pizza tonight, I'll make cocktails", while on the other days of the week it barely crosses my mind. That's what it'll be like, possibly even stronger.

Regarding the drop in energy, my guess is it's simply about calories. Your body is accustomed to handing out a set number of calories for the usual activities it's used to. With fewer available now, the simplest option for it would be for you to just slow down. Plenty of people turn to mitochondria supportive peptides at that stage, but from what I've experienced, it's only a question of time until your body caves and recalculates its calorie math. I've been on Reta more than 6 months and my energy is far greater than it was last year, though the first couple months had a lull.
 
Hamsmacks said:

Until there's been a lot of testing in humans, nobody can say for certain, but I suspect it's less intricate than that. From what I've gone through myself, the only thing Reta changed was that it severed the link between expecting food and my reward center. Food, alcohol and sex still give me pleasure, but they're no longer things I obsess over.

Because the injection is weekly, I can sort of predict how quitting will feel, since the day before my dose I start having thoughts along the lines of "We should order a pizza tonight, I'll make cocktails", while on the other days of the week it barely crosses my mind. That's what it'll be like, possibly even stronger.

Regarding the drop in energy, my guess is it's simply about calories. Your body is accustomed to handing out a set number of calories for the usual activities it's used to. With fewer available now, the simplest option for it would be for you to just slow down. Plenty of people turn to mitochondria supportive peptides at that stage, but from what I've experienced, it's only a question of time until your body caves and recalculates its calorie math. I've been on Reta more than 6 months and my energy is far greater than it was last year, though the first couple months had a lull.
That's really interesting. Appreciate you sharing your thoughts. With certain compounds, my concern has always been whether your body will restart what you were supplementing — but it seems like Mother Nature fixes everything in the end haha.
 
Back
Top