INTRO Home gym built, elbow laid up

Yeahok_rtrd

Explorer
Joined
Sep 1, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Midwest, US
Hi all.

Late 30s, male. My training has been stop-start across the last 6 years, though back in May I resolved to genuinely commit and get into shape. After two months of gym work the strength was coming back, but the fat wasn't budging — the diet side was never something I watched. A mate talked me into giving peps a shot.

Reta went in a shade under two months back. The target is roughly 100 lbs off while keeping hold of whatever muscle I can. From the first or second week I started stepping on the scale every day, counting macros, training 4-5 times a week, and eating protein up at my goal weight. 30 lbs have come off already and I feel excellent. Two weeks probably accounted for 10 of those, and since then it's held near 3 - 3.3lbs per week.

bpc157 went in around 2.5 weeks ago to deal with tendonitis in the shoulder, and the ache vanished inside days. What happened next is the tennis elbow flaring, plus the start of golfer's elbow, because I'd been overworking that elbow while protecting the shoulder (a couple of lifts likely had sloppy form, and I was probably pushing harder than sensible while in a deficit). So wolverine looks to be in my near future, together with lighter weights, a brace, and some DIY pt on the elbow until heavy lifting is back on the table.

The annoying part: my wife talked me into putting motorcycle-sale money into a home gym, and the elbow blew up at the very moment my power rack landed, so it's barely had any use. Once the brace turns up I'll begin with light work, though I'm itching for a proper pump. Patience is the plan.

Anyway, glad to have found this place. Any pointers on managing tendonitis without stepping away from the bar for months would be much appreciated!
 
Back
Top