INTRO Hiya! Aussie here

hopingtolose

Explorer
Joined
Sep 27, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Melbourne
35M. Weight has been a battle for as long as I can remember. Heaviest I got was 160KGs. Right now I'm at 133KG.

Binge eating and food noise are a serious problem for me. Emotional eating too.

Mid 2025 I gave WeGovy a short try, only a few months, but that period overlapped with a lot of upheaval in my life (a break up, plus caring for a parent who was terminal). In the end I stopped and figured I'd come back to it down the track once I could afford it.

This past year has been up and down. 127KG in December. 140 by June (I'd kind of given up on life for a while and was just trying to keep existing). Now I'm back to 133.

For the last month I've been hitting a gym. 2-3 times a week. Nothing fancy, just slowly getting comfortable and adding machines (Leg Press, Chest Press, Lat Pulldown, Bicep Curl, Leg Extension).

I'm putting in effort, but honestly it's so hard just to ..keep existing. Never mind making steady progress toward feeling okay in my own body.

ADHD (avoidant), Depression, Anxiety, poor, lonely.

I've been logging my calories more or less daily for the last couple months, but my life is chaos, much like my head.

Anyway, hoping to learn. Ideally find ways to access Tirz/Sema at some point, but for now just trying to understand and pick up any tips related to the journey towards a healthier me. Hopefully physically and mentally. 😅

👋
 
hopingtolose said:


35M. Struggled with weight my whole life. 160KGs at largest. Currently 133KG.

Struggle badly with binge eating and food noise. Emotional eating.

I briefly tried WeGovy mid 2025 for a few months but at the same time was going through and have gone through a lot of life changes (break up, caring for terminal parent). Ended up pausing and hoping to return to it at a later date when I could afford it.

Been yoyo-ing past year. 127KG December. 140 by June (gave up on life for a while and was just trying to continue existing). Back down to 133 now.

Been going to a gym for the past month. Going 2-3 times a week. Very basic stuff, gradually trying to get used to and add machines (Leg Press, Chest Press, Lat Pulldown, Bicep Curl, Leg Extension).

I’m trying, but it's incredibly difficult just to ..continue existing. Let alone making reliable progress towards feeling okay in my own body.

ADHD (avoidant), Depression, Anxiety, poor, lonely.

I have been tracking my calories pretty much every day for the past couple months, but my life is chaos, much like my head.

Anyway, hoping to learn. Ideally find ways to access Tirz/Sema at some point, but for now just trying to understand and pick up any tips related to the journey towards a healthier me. Hopefully physically and mentally. 😅

👋

Click to expand...
Wishing you all the best, mate — good to spot a fellow Aussie. Those same things are a battle for me too, and I can tell you it does get better, even if it takes a while (with adhd in the mix, I know waiting around is the worst part). So I hope this gives you a hand, even a small one
 
Wow, reading that felt like looking in a mirror — except I'm 35/F/USA. One thing I'd love to know: when a binge happens, do you count or guess the calories? I can't bring myself to do it. The shame is too much, and once I start I have zero ability to stop, which then wipes out any drive to eat well the following day. And the whole "existing" thing? I get that 100%, it's just awful 😭
 
KingTeezy said:

Wishing you all the best, mate — good to spot a fellow Aussie. Those same things are a battle for me too, and I can tell you it does get better, even if it takes a while (with adhd in the mix, I know waiting around is the worst part). So I hope this gives you a hand, even a small one

Hey there, and thanks! It's great to spot a solid number of fellow Aussies on here. I've gone through some of the 'Aussies overs here!' thread.

And yeah, ADHD definitely has a way of making it even harder to stick with small changes consistently. 😅

Have you given GLP-1s a go yourself at this point?
 
hopingtolose said:

Hey there, and thanks! It's great to spot a solid number of fellow Aussies on here. I've gone through some of the 'Aussies overs here!' thread.

And yeah, ADHD definitely has a way of making it even harder to stick with small changes consistently. 😅

Have you given GLP-1s a go yourself at this point?
For sure—Reta was a total game changer for me lol

I remember someone describing it as discipline you can pour. To keep it brief, that's how it's worked out in my case… once I got going on it, I saw that my eating had a psychological side to it
 
bigbirdlittlebird said:

Wow, reading that felt like looking in a mirror — except I'm 35/F/USA. One thing I'd love to know: when a binge happens, do you count or guess the calories? I can't bring myself to do it. The shame is too much, and once I start I have zero ability to stop, which then wipes out any drive to eat well the following day. And the whole "existing" thing? I get that 100%, it's just awful 😭
Hiya! That really is good to hear. 🫂 Here's hoping the two of us get something positive out of this place!

Yeah, I do attempt to estimate/track even when I binge. I totally get how demoralising it feels to see it written out like that.

During a stretch where I'd 'given up' I wasn't doing it, but I think that even when seeing the 'failure' is demoralising, there are moments where I can think 'okay, that binge was awful, but had I handled a few things differently, this day could still have been manageable'.

I suppose I'm attempting to frame it as 'I track my calories so that I stay mindful of what I'm eating, or what I've eaten'.

Over the past 4-5 months I feel like I've improved at doing this. For a couple of those months, after coming out of that 'given up' phase, I'd have stretches of feeling demoralised, because I was tracking calories semi-regularly but my 'good weeks' were 'maintenance weeks' or 'slight, tiny loss'. Then bad weeks were little gain.

But I think I've gotten better, since being more aware of how bad or good I'm being lets me try to make it slightly less bad on the 'board'. If my goal is a 500-1000 cal deficit for the day and I go over by 2000 cals because I was bad, going over by 3000 means an extra day or two of having to be 'good' to make up for it.

I'm glad you're existing! I hope each of us can find more than that, even if that's all we can manage sometimes. 🫂
 
Back
Top