INTRO Hi from the UK

flabbyguy

Explorer
Joined
Sep 26, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Cambridgeshire, UK
Greetings, everybody on this forum! Perhaps a bit of anonymity here helps, and lets me get a few things off my chest in this post. I'm in the seriously, morbidly obese category. Dealing with it has been a long and frustrating road.

Back when I was younger, I battled my weight through dieting, managed to lose it, and felt fantastic. Then depression, weight going up and down, and life in general turning busier got in the way, and now I've reached the heaviest I have ever been.

It took a while for it to finally sink in that this is do something or die, so I've begun and thrown myself into the gym nearby. Still, there's a huge long-term job in front of me — at least 150 pounds to shed before I'm even close to a somewhat healthy weight.

So I've signed up here to learn as much as I can about these wonderful marvels of medicine. I hope I can do my part to act in good faith on this forum, and hopefully give back in good time once I've gained more experience in this scene.

Peace to all!
 
flabbyguy said:

Greetings, everybody on this forum! Perhaps a bit of anonymity here helps, and lets me get a few things off my chest in this post. I'm in the seriously, morbidly obese category. Dealing with it has been a long and frustrating road.

Back when I was younger, I battled my weight through dieting, managed to lose it, and felt fantastic. Then depression, weight going up and down, and life in general turning busier got in the way, and now I've reached the heaviest I have ever been.

It took a while for it to finally sink in that this is do something or die, so I've begun and thrown myself into the gym nearby. Still, there's a huge long-term job in front of me — at least 150 pounds to shed before I'm even close to a somewhat healthy weight.

So I've signed up here to learn as much as I can about these wonderful marvels of medicine. I hope I can do my part to act in good faith on this forum, and hopefully give back in good time once I've gained more experience in this scene.

Peace to all!
Choosing to make your life better is a decision I'm happy you've taken.

Plenty of members in this community have dropped that kind of weight — there are lots of success stories around.

Once you've spent a whole lifetime fighting obesity, your only regret will be that these peps weren't available earlier!

Best of luck!
 
This is achievable. People have shown up here and pulled it off in the past, and that will happen again.

Work on finding your balance. I don't want to dump everything on you at once, but make sure this week's eating is healthier than last week's. That doesn't require a textbook-perfect meal, only a better one. The same goes for your gym routine. You aren't running a marathon next week, just nudge things a bit better. Try not to fixate on every ounce, since those numbers will rise and fall at times; instead check the overall picture across roughly the last 7 days and see which way the trend is pointing.

Pick up a decent body comp scale. It will give you a close estimate of what is going on. They are not prefect, but the weekly trend can be trusted.

Here is a clean link to one that is decent for the price and won't hit you with a subscription.


https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0FJFL8KP4


Good Luck to you.
 
flabbyguy said:

Greetings, everybody on this forum! Perhaps a bit of anonymity here helps, and lets me get a few things off my chest in this post. I'm in the seriously, morbidly obese category. Dealing with it has been a long and frustrating road.

Back when I was younger, I battled my weight through dieting, managed to lose it, and felt fantastic. Then depression, weight going up and down, and life in general turning busier got in the way, and now I've reached the heaviest I have ever been.

It took a while for it to finally sink in that this is do something or die, so I've begun and thrown myself into the gym nearby. Still, there's a huge long-term job in front of me — at least 150 pounds to shed before I'm even close to a somewhat healthy weight.

So I've signed up here to learn as much as I can about these wonderful marvels of medicine. I hope I can do my part to act in good faith on this forum, and hopefully give back in good time once I've gained more experience in this scene.

Peace to all!
No better moment than right now! That opening move is the toughest one of all, and you've already made it! You've got this...
 
Back
Top