INTRO Hello from the UK

Alacrityuk

Explorer
Joined
Aug 16, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
Hi everyone, I figured I should say hello since my own GLP-1 journey is just about to begin and I expect to be around here quite a lot.

A bit about me: 45 years old, based in the UK, 181 cm tall, and my weight currently sits at roughly 106–107 kg. I finished 24 years of military service not long ago, and shifting into civilian life has definitely altered the rhythm of things. Add ageing on top of that, and I’ve found that in civvy street the pounds go on far more readily than they come off.

I’ve been training for years and still hold a decent amount of muscle, so chasing the lowest possible number on the scales isn’t really the goal. What I want is to bring body fat down, get towards 95 kg as an initial target, improve my overall metabolic health and — importantly — hold on to as much lean mass and strength as I can while doing it.

After quite a lot of time spent researching the GLP-1 options out there, I settled on retatrutide. I know full well that it is still investigational and not an approved medicine at present. I’ve put a lot of hours into the published trial data, the GLP-1/GIP/glucagon mechanism, weight-loss outcomes, adverse events, lean-mass questions and what people already using it are reporting.

I’ve also gone fairly deep into the practical side rather than just ordering something and working it out later: reconstitution and concentrations, injection volumes, sterile technique, the right equipment, storage, dosing approaches and why gradual titration is done.

Together with the reta I’ve ordered MOTS-c as well, which I’ve been looking into separately, mainly around mitochondrial function, energy and exercise. I’m aware the evidence base there is much less developed and that it too is an experimental compound.

One of the biggest lessons from researching this area is that purity, identity and independent testing matter. A vendor saying something is 99%+ pure is not the same as having meaningful independent evidence of what is actually inside the vial.

That’s why the testing side of the community interests me in particular. I’d like to join LS testing groups/group testing at the earliest chance, help out where I can and learn more about how people here assess suppliers, batches and independent laboratory results. To me that beats relying only on vendor claims or anecdotal reports.

As for nutrition and training, resistance training will stay a major part of what I do. I plan to keep protein intake high and make sure appetite suppression doesn’t end up meaning simply under-eating protein, fibre or essential nutrients. Body composition matters far more to me than scale weight by itself, so strength, training performance and lean-mass retention will all feed into how I judge progress.

I’ve done a fair amount of homework to get here, including the clinical research and plenty of community discussion, but I still see myself as someone with a lot left to learn. Evidence, testing data and properly documented real-world experiences interest me far more than hype.

Looking forward to contributing, documenting the journey and hopefully getting involved with the testing side of the community as soon as the opportunity comes up.
 
Back
Top