INTRO Hello from Scotland

Littlelass

Explorer
Joined
Sep 8, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Scotland
Hey everyone

I ended up here via Reddit and Huberman… I've been digging into this topic for roughly two months now.

I keep fairly active, but the final few pounds won't budge. My main reason for wanting reta or tirz isn't really the scale though — it's to get a handle on compulsive behaviours.

I've already put in an order for reta, though now I'm wondering if tirz would have suited me better. After reading through posts here, I sort of wish I'd waited a bit longer! Oh well…

If anybody has thoughts on which might work better for compulsive or addictive habits (shopping, nicotine, alcohol, doomscrolling!) I'm all ears!

Admitting all this feels quite embarrassing!!

Edit - oh and I'm getting married next year, which is why I want the vanity pounds gone, and also why I'd like to start this new chapter with a few things under control
 
Welcome to the forum. Many members have posted that once they started Reta, their cravings for alcohol, cigarettes, and similar things dropped considerably. In my view, Reta is a solid pick. Personally, I've found that when I do have a drink, I just don't have the urge to go for a second one.
 
Ares_2323 said:

Welcome to the forum. Many members have posted that once they started Reta, their cravings for alcohol, cigarettes, and similar things dropped considerably. In my view, Reta is a solid pick. Personally, I've found that when I do have a drink, I just don't have the urge to go for a second one.
That’s something I’d come across before. Right now I’m staying completely off alcohol because steering clear feels simpler than dealing with everything that comes with it, but it would be lovely to have just 1, actually savour it, and then stop without wanting more. Can you still get pleasure from that single drink?
 
hi, trust you're doing okay.

In my experience, GLP medications have clearly been a help when it comes to the obsessive and compulsive patterns I deal with — though on their own they'd never be sufficient in my case. I see myself as an addict, and staying free of every behaviour you listed depends on having Narcotics Anonymous and its fellowship behind me.

"we know that one is to many and a thousand is never enough"

Good on you for being honest.

Wishing you well.
 
Welcome! From a medical perspective, maybe those other things weren’t/aren’t affected by them in an “actual” way, but it still seems logical to me that GLP’s could be of help. They get people to diet, after all, and dieting is itself a kind of self control; that can foster healthy habits, and those habits may then serve to help keep compulsive behaviours in check (for some people, eating is one of those behaviours too).
 
tobrock said:

hi, trust you're doing okay.

In my experience, GLP medications have clearly been a help when it comes to the obsessive and compulsive patterns I deal with — though on their own they'd never be sufficient in my case. I see myself as an addict, and staying free of every behaviour you listed depends on having Narcotics Anonymous and its fellowship behind me.

"we know that one is to many and a thousand is never enough"

Good on you for being honest.

Wishing you well.
Thanks, I reckon I’ll have to look for a different approach or framework to base things on — perhaps it can serve as a single instrument among many rather than the whole solution. I’m truly grateful for your thoughts and for you sharing what you’ve been through. It’s day 4 for me at the moment, and a few things feel somewhat less difficult.
 
Back
Top