bigbirdlittlebird
Explorer
Hi!
Jenna here, 35/F, based in Northern California. Weight has been an issue for me throughout my entire adult years, but several years back, a psychiatric prescription triggered a swift and significant jump in my weight. That medication genuinely rescued my life, yet the most I have ever managed to shed is 20 lbs, only to put it right back on almost immediately. Food and I have never had a good dynamic, and I fell into a pattern of eating heavily late at night (sometimes I would even get up and consume anything within reach, almost like I was on autopilot
). Things improved somewhat, but it never fully went away, despite having stopped that med roughly 4 years ago.
In any case, I am keen to pick up what I can from the experiences shared by people on this forum, and I hope to find others whose stories mirror mine when it comes to binge eating or putting on weight because of mental health prescriptions, since I now realize I am far from the only one. My husband is also obese, and I am very interested in anything that might help him too, so that the two of us can be around as long as we can for our two children. My mental state is FAR better these days, and now I am ready to turn my attention to my physical health.
If you made it through everything above, thank you! If your own journey looks anything like mine, please say hi! Knowing I am not alone would mean so much to me right now
Jenna here, 35/F, based in Northern California. Weight has been an issue for me throughout my entire adult years, but several years back, a psychiatric prescription triggered a swift and significant jump in my weight. That medication genuinely rescued my life, yet the most I have ever managed to shed is 20 lbs, only to put it right back on almost immediately. Food and I have never had a good dynamic, and I fell into a pattern of eating heavily late at night (sometimes I would even get up and consume anything within reach, almost like I was on autopilot
In any case, I am keen to pick up what I can from the experiences shared by people on this forum, and I hope to find others whose stories mirror mine when it comes to binge eating or putting on weight because of mental health prescriptions, since I now realize I am far from the only one. My husband is also obese, and I am very interested in anything that might help him too, so that the two of us can be around as long as we can for our two children. My mental state is FAR better these days, and now I am ready to turn my attention to my physical health.
If you made it through everything above, thank you! If your own journey looks anything like mine, please say hi! Knowing I am not alone would mean so much to me right now