INTRO Greetings from Ireland 🇮🇪

mixsir

Explorer
Joined
Aug 14, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Ireland
Hello everyone, checking in from Ireland! I'm closing in on 40 and figured it's finally time to sort myself out and look after my health properly. I gave up drinking and have been resistance training for close to a year, which has clearly shifted my body composition — I've got some visible tone in my arms, shoulders and upper chest now, and that makes me really happy. I'm also working on cleaning up my diet, nailing consistent daily protein targets and step goals, yet the scale refuses to budge and I'm still sitting at roughly 97kg at a shade under 6ft, so by BMI standards I'm obese. My clothes do fit nicer though, so there's still progress happening I suppose.

I've spent months digging into peptide greys and eventually committed, beginning microdoses of 0.5mg of R 3 weeks back, right after getting some baseline bloodwork. I've had some curious sides — a sort of tingling in my pelvic floor muscles that I only feel when lying in bed at night, which I suspect was made worse by Magnesium Biglycinate. I cut the Magnesium out and it's largely settled down, but I'll take another 0.5mg next Monday before I start titrating up. Appetite hasn't really dropped yet, which is likely normal at such a small dose.

Losing fat would be nice, but honestly my main reason is my liver — it's under strain from some fairly aggressive immunosuppressant medication I'm on, and visceral fat certainly isn't helping, plus my cholesterol is 5.4. I've come across encouraging accounts of liver health improving, so fingers crossed!

Living in the south of Ireland comes with its own headaches — sourcing trustworthy product, customs seizures (my first order from the UK got grabbed), and other obstacles like finding reliable Bac water — all of which pushed me down rabbit holes and eventually to forums like this one, where there's clearly a huge amount of knowledge and even a few more Irish flags around who can hopefully give newcomers like me some guidance.

As a 3 week veteran now, I've started looking into things like GHK CU and Glow/Klow blends to see whether they might help with my Papulopustular rosacea — basically acne rosacea — or perhaps just KPV, since I've read the copper could actually aggravate things! I also need to get my head around these group buy arrangements with COA testing, as they sound interesting. I'm all about reducing whatever risk I can control. Anyway, glad to be here and picking up loads from you all. Apologies for rambling 🙂
 
mixsir said:

Hello everyone, checking in from Ireland! I'm closing in on 40 and figured it's finally time to sort myself out and look after my health properly. I gave up drinking and have been resistance training for close to a year, which has clearly shifted my body composition — I've got some visible tone in my arms, shoulders and upper chest now, and that makes me really happy. I'm also working on cleaning up my diet, nailing consistent daily protein targets and step goals, yet the scale refuses to budge and I'm still sitting at roughly 97kg at a shade under 6ft, so by BMI standards I'm obese. My clothes do fit nicer though, so there's still progress happening I suppose.

I've spent months digging into peptide greys and eventually committed, beginning microdoses of 0.5mg of R 3 weeks back, right after getting some baseline bloodwork. I've had some curious sides — a sort of tingling in my pelvic floor muscles that I only feel when lying in bed at night, which I suspect was made worse by Magnesium Biglycinate. I cut the Magnesium out and it's largely settled down, but I'll take another 0.5mg next Monday before I start titrating up. Appetite hasn't really dropped yet, which is likely normal at such a small dose.

Losing fat would be nice, but honestly my main reason is my liver — it's under strain from some fairly aggressive immunosuppressant medication I'm on, and visceral fat certainly isn't helping, plus my cholesterol is 5.4. I've come across encouraging accounts of liver health improving, so fingers crossed!

Living in the south of Ireland comes with its own headaches — sourcing trustworthy product, customs seizures (my first order from the UK got grabbed), and other obstacles like finding reliable Bac water — all of which pushed me down rabbit holes and eventually to forums like this one, where there's clearly a huge amount of knowledge and even a few more Irish flags around who can hopefully give newcomers like me some guidance.

As a 3 week veteran now, I've started looking into things like GHK CU and Glow/Klow blends to see whether they might help with my Papulopustular rosacea — basically acne rosacea — or perhaps just KPV, since I've read the copper could actually aggravate things! I also need to get my head around these group buy arrangements with COA testing, as they sound interesting. I'm all about reducing whatever risk I can control. Anyway, glad to be here and picking up loads from you all. Apologies for rambling 🙂
Another one down in the south of Ireland 👋 The worry about that seizure I keep dreading has kept me from going all in. Right now I'm spending too much buying 'local', though I'm hoping that digging into what's here will pay off later on.
 
Back
Top