PhoenixBloom
Explorer
Good morning!
My GLP-1 path began in Oct 2023 (315), the point when I joined Noom and got the green light for Ozempic. Medi-Cal covered it from Oct 2023 through Nov 2024, until they quit accepting prescriptions from outside providers (mine is Kaiser). Through a friend I got the address of a website for semi - and later on, one of those FB ads led me to Tirz at a "good price". The biggest problem for me has been keeping a steady supply, and that is the reason I have quit taking it and then put weight back on.... By February I had gotten down to 252 and felt good about where I was headed, only to return to 306 once my supply ran out. I have just received Cagri 10 mg and Tirz 60 mg, and I am hoping this attempt brings some real progress. Last time around I had already hit the ceiling on Tirz and had plateaued, so this time I decided to add Cagri. Reta was something I considered, but because max Tirz still left me hungry, I need another option to silence the food noise.
Things have reached the point where getting dressed and moving around much in the morning causes pain, so I finally had to bite the bullet and spend the money to get back on something. I am only 2 weeks in on Cagri and am micro-dosing the Tirz, so today is my second pin. So far I am down 5 lbs, which I realize is only the initial water weight, but watching that number fall always lifts my mood.
Off topic - I am a single mother to three wild and crazy children. I am 43, and a DV survivor (we all are). My kids have ADHD, two have ODD (and one of those also has DMDD, IED, and pretty severe CPTSD... we have even had to involve the police and mental health crisis with incidents). They are all active in sports, and so we are on the go a lot, which means quick, cheap foods (also on food stamps, but they were cut in half since my job pays "so" much
, so we also utilize food banks).
My goal ultimately is around 150-160. I am 5'7". I was 189 when I got married, and I did get back to that after having three kids and doing Whole 30/Master Cleanse for about 5-6 months. I had wanted to look good at my sister's wedding... of course my ex got mad at me for losing weight for any reason other than to "please" him.... and he accused me of only wanting to lose to cheat, so even though I was not where I wanted to be, I gave up all that hard work and said F this.... I started staying up late to work on my business and eat in the garage.... and to avoid being SA-ed while sleeping. Eventually he told me that if we divorced and I lost weight, it would only be because I was so depressed that I lost the "only person" that could ever love me "the way he did".
Weight has always been something on my mind. My mom told me growing up that I was too fat. I was 120 and in 8th grade weight lifting with all the hockey/football boys (and started taking weight loss pills because of what she told me). I have a massive sweet tooth, so I struggle trying to control eating sweets. I went through a period in college where I was bulimic hoping to look better... but that didn't work, so I stopped. My mom being in my ear so much and the few men I dated stating I wasn't "super model skinny" like various exes have always made me feel like I was bigger than I am. Once I get to 190 I should qualify for breast reduction surgery, and am hoping that it will give me a lot more confidence (I have always been a bit bustier once I got to high school/college).
My GLP-1 path began in Oct 2023 (315), the point when I joined Noom and got the green light for Ozempic. Medi-Cal covered it from Oct 2023 through Nov 2024, until they quit accepting prescriptions from outside providers (mine is Kaiser). Through a friend I got the address of a website for semi - and later on, one of those FB ads led me to Tirz at a "good price". The biggest problem for me has been keeping a steady supply, and that is the reason I have quit taking it and then put weight back on.... By February I had gotten down to 252 and felt good about where I was headed, only to return to 306 once my supply ran out. I have just received Cagri 10 mg and Tirz 60 mg, and I am hoping this attempt brings some real progress. Last time around I had already hit the ceiling on Tirz and had plateaued, so this time I decided to add Cagri. Reta was something I considered, but because max Tirz still left me hungry, I need another option to silence the food noise.
Things have reached the point where getting dressed and moving around much in the morning causes pain, so I finally had to bite the bullet and spend the money to get back on something. I am only 2 weeks in on Cagri and am micro-dosing the Tirz, so today is my second pin. So far I am down 5 lbs, which I realize is only the initial water weight, but watching that number fall always lifts my mood.
Off topic - I am a single mother to three wild and crazy children. I am 43, and a DV survivor (we all are). My kids have ADHD, two have ODD (and one of those also has DMDD, IED, and pretty severe CPTSD... we have even had to involve the police and mental health crisis with incidents). They are all active in sports, and so we are on the go a lot, which means quick, cheap foods (also on food stamps, but they were cut in half since my job pays "so" much
My goal ultimately is around 150-160. I am 5'7". I was 189 when I got married, and I did get back to that after having three kids and doing Whole 30/Master Cleanse for about 5-6 months. I had wanted to look good at my sister's wedding... of course my ex got mad at me for losing weight for any reason other than to "please" him.... and he accused me of only wanting to lose to cheat, so even though I was not where I wanted to be, I gave up all that hard work and said F this.... I started staying up late to work on my business and eat in the garage.... and to avoid being SA-ed while sleeping. Eventually he told me that if we divorced and I lost weight, it would only be because I was so depressed that I lost the "only person" that could ever love me "the way he did".
Weight has always been something on my mind. My mom told me growing up that I was too fat. I was 120 and in 8th grade weight lifting with all the hockey/football boys (and started taking weight loss pills because of what she told me). I have a massive sweet tooth, so I struggle trying to control eating sweets. I went through a period in college where I was bulimic hoping to look better... but that didn't work, so I stopped. My mom being in my ear so much and the few men I dated stating I wasn't "super model skinny" like various exes have always made me feel like I was bigger than I am. Once I get to 190 I should qualify for breast reduction surgery, and am hoping that it will give me a lot more confidence (I have always been a bit bustier once I got to high school/college).