INTRO From 400 lbs to Here: Still Learning, Still Going 💪

HabitualGlowup

Explorer
Joined
Aug 29, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
CO
Hey all! 👋 Just joined and I can't wait to pick up knowledge from this group.

My health and weight loss path has stretched over quite a while. Plenty of pounds came off across those years, yet at some point I stalled out and couldn't get past it — that's what pushed me to dig into GLP 1s.

Semaglutide and tirzepatide are both things I've tried, and lately retatrutide has caught my attention. What I really want is to grasp the differences between these meds, read about what others have gone through, and get a better handle on nutrition, fitness, body composition, and keeping results going for the long haul.

There's still so much I don't know — that's exactly why I'm here. Can't wait to meet you all and dig into everything posted here! 😊
 
Nice work on everything you've managed to accomplish up to this point. I hope you pick up the knowledge you're after, so the choice you make is well-informed and moves you forward. Reta is an excellent GLP1 and has done wonders for plenty of people. Fingers crossed it treats you the same way. Do plenty of digging, and be sure labs are part of that choice.
 
before you started a glp, how much weight came off? asking out of curiosity since i'm in a comparable situation. at my heaviest i was 420lbs. i dropped 180lbs, then plateaued around 240 for roughly a year and 6 months. that's when i chose to try Reta. it's been enjoyable. now i'm at 221.
 
HabitualGlowup said:

Hey all! 👋 Just joined and I can't wait to pick up knowledge from this group.

My health and weight loss path has stretched over quite a while. Plenty of pounds came off across those years, yet at some point I stalled out and couldn't get past it — that's what pushed me to dig into GLP 1s.

Semaglutide and tirzepatide are both things I've tried, and lately retatrutide has caught my attention. What I really want is to grasp the differences between these meds, read about what others have gone through, and get a better handle on nutrition, fitness, body composition, and keeping results going for the long haul.

There's still so much I don't know — that's exactly why I'm here. Can't wait to meet you all and dig into everything posted here! 😊
Glad you're here! Would you be open to sharing more about how things went for you on sema and tirz, and whether you hit any plateaus while taking them? Around here, some folks wonder if it's possible to build up a tolerance to these meds, or if they stop working as well after a while, so I'd really like to hear what your experience has been like 😊
 
Sure thing! My very first GLP 1 was actually sema. I spent roughly a year on it and ultimately titrated all the way to the max dose. The total loss came to only about 10 lbs, and I dealt with a fair number of GI side effects along the way, so in my own case the payoff never justified what I was putting up with.

Tirz treated me much better. I climbed up to 15 mg in time and handled it far more easily. That said, a plateau did eventually catch up with me, and that's partly why I began exploring and reading up on other choices.

The tolerance discussion is genuinely fascinating to me, since I've asked myself the very same question. What I can say for certain is that once I'd been on these medications a while, the hunger suppression and the weight coming off no longer felt as striking as they did in the beginning. Was that true medication tolerance, my body adjusting after a major loss, or simply an ordinary plateau? Honestly, I have no idea.

And that's really one of the reasons I signed up for this forum. I'm eager to hear from other long term users and to keep learning about what unfolds once you've been on these medications for years.
 
Back
Top