INTRO Cautiously hopeful…

swishyfishy

Explorer
Joined
Sep 11, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
Oregon
Hello all,

Glad to be here, and curious to find out how peptides might improve my life. I'm a 23F college student dealing with weight issues and hair loss, and I've had compulsive behaviors my whole life, like eating and pulling. Today I pinned my first dose of tirz (2.5mg). After I find out how my body reacts to it, I want to explore subq GHK-Cu or topical AHK-Cu for hair growth (topical minoxidil is off the table because of my cat). I'm really looking forward to learning from all of you, and in the end I hope to feel better about my health and the way I look.
 
Welcome!

I'm a college gal too, though I'm in my mid 30's. One unexpected effect when I began Reta was that my hair shed far less than it normally does.

Welcome!
 
From what I've come across, taking minoxidil by mouth is considered safe for people who live with cats, as long as the pills are stored out of their reach. The amount of minoxidil that leaves your body through your skin isn't enough to pose a risk—or at least no such risk has ever been documented.
 
bluetap said:

Welcome!

I'm a college gal too, though I'm in my mid 30's. One unexpected effect when I began Reta was that my hair shed far less than it normally does.

Welcome!
Hi! It's reassuring to know others are in the same boat : ) Should hair shedding turn out to be something I notice while on tirz, I'll ditch it without hesitation and move over to reta. I went with tirz first mainly because the possible reta downsides — a faster heart rate and allodynia among them — had me concerned. Have any of those unwanted effects shown up for you?
 
loppsy said:

From what I've come across, taking minoxidil by mouth is considered safe for people who live with cats, as long as the pills are stored out of their reach. The amount of minoxidil that leaves your body through your skin isn't enough to pose a risk—or at least no such risk has ever been documented.
Thanks, that's helpful to know! I should check out oral minoxidil for women and see whether it works as well as the topical version.
 
swishyfishy said:

Hi! It's reassuring to know others are in the same boat : ) Should hair shedding turn out to be something I notice while on tirz, I'll ditch it without hesitation and move over to reta. I went with tirz first mainly because the possible reta downsides — a faster heart rate and allodynia among them — had me concerned. Have any of those unwanted effects shown up for you?
Hi!

Nope, neither of those side effects has happened to me. (Guessing you meant Anhedonia, lol) There was a brief stretch, though, when everything felt incredibly irritating and like such a chore. Kind of like, “ugh, I have to water my plants/ swap out the TP roll/ do the laundry AGAIN?! It just goes on forever!!” lol but that didn’t stick around for very long.
 
This forum has been a huge help for me and my family as we've explored peptides. Weight has been a struggle for me too. I picked up a great deal about protocols from this community. For me, Reta has been a game changer.
 
Welcome!! Along with peps, getting your hormones, diet, sleep, stress and so on dialed in would do you a lot of good. If you already have, ok, if not, these are things you should focus on as well
 
bluetap said:

Hi!

Nope, neither of those side effects has happened to me. (Guessing you meant Anhedonia, lol) There was a brief stretch, though, when everything felt incredibly irritating and like such a chore. Kind of like, “ugh, I have to water my plants/ swap out the TP roll/ do the laundry AGAIN?! It just goes on forever!!” lol but that didn’t stick around for very long.
It isn't anhedonia, although reta likely causes that often as well.

"Allodynia is a type of nerve pain where normal, painless sensations—like a light touch, a gentle breeze, or clothing brushing against your skin—feel painful."

From what I've come across, a fair number of users report this reaction while on reta. By all accounts it's miserable to endure. Between that and the fact that my BP tends to sit on the low end—meaning my resting HR is already elevated—those 2 things pushed me toward tirz rather than reta.
 
Slaine said:

Welcome!! Along with peps, getting your hormones, diet, sleep, stress and so on dialed in would do you a lot of good. If you already have, ok, if not, these are things you should focus on as well
I'm giving these my best shot. During this first week on tirz, my diet has gotten a lot of help — the pull toward junk food has dropped off noticeably, which means sticking with my eating plan, reaching my protein targets, and avoiding overeating have all become far more manageable.

Since I'm no longer stuffing myself to the point of painful fullness and bloating, getting through the day and feeling capable of working out is easier, so I've been gradually ramping up cardio and weighted workouts (losing muscle is something I really want to avoid if at all possible).

Lately sleep has been difficult-- a medication I'm taking is giving me terrible nightmares that jolt me awake in the middle of the night. I'm really hoping that issue clears up within a few weeks.
 
That's wonderful — stick with it, and results will surely come your way!

I'm sorry about the sleep troubles, and I hope things improve for you soon. My own sleep is truly terrible (only 2-4 hours each night, plus the quality is really really poor), and what I take is: gaba, magnesium bisglycinate, zinc, melatonin. Give them a try, they might work for you. But check with your doctor first, just in case they don't mix well with your medication.
 
swishyfishy said:


Hello all,

Excited to be here and see what peptides can do to enhance my life. 23F college student who struggles with weight and hair loss, lifelong struggle with compulsive behaviors such as eating and pulling. Just pinned my first dose of tirz (2.5mg) today. Once I see how my body handles that, I plan to look into subq GHK-Cu or topical AHK-Cu for hair growth (cannot use topical minoxidil due to my cat). Definitely looking forward to learning from everyone and hopefully ultimately feeling happier with my health and looks.

Click to expand...
Hi there! I'm 23F too, and I've been on tirz for just over a month now. KLOW went into my stack not long ago. From what I've seen, hair benefits tend to show up later on, but my reason for taking it is a patellar problem in my knees, and the results have been amazing so far. Wishing you the best on your journey!
 
swishyfishy said:

It isn't anhedonia, although reta likely causes that often as well.

"Allodynia is a type of nerve pain where normal, painless sensations—like a light touch, a gentle breeze, or clothing brushing against your skin—feel painful."

From what I've come across, a fair number of users report this reaction while on reta. By all accounts it's miserable to endure. Between that and the fact that my BP tends to sit on the low end—meaning my resting HR is already elevated—those 2 things pushed me toward tirz rather than reta.

Ohhhhhh… I get exactly what you're describing. Looking it up myself would have been the smarter move.

Nope, that never happened to me!

As for my bf, he thought maybe something along those lines was going on with him, though it was mild. According to him, it was mostly a matter of feeling things touch his leg hairs much more — the bedsheets especially.
 
dancelover02 said:

Hi there! I'm 23F too, and I've been on tirz for just over a month now. KLOW went into my stack not long ago. From what I've seen, hair benefits tend to show up later on, but my reason for taking it is a patellar problem in my knees, and the results have been amazing so far. Wishing you the best on your journey!
Hi there! A few nights back I placed an order for some KLOW, and while delivery will take a while, I'm excited to possibly notice it working! Having knee problems truly sucks, and I'm sorry that's something you're going through.
 
Back
Top