INTRO 55 year old

Welcome,

I'm 52, and Tirz helped me reach my weight loss targets. Now I'm definitely working on building some muscle. Next up for me is ipamorelin.
 
Grizz25 said:

I've been on Reta for a month now and I'm down roughly 18, but I'd like to add something aimed at muscle and strength.
Strictly speaking, no peptide directly builds muscle. What some of them can do is improve your conditions so that pursuing muscle growth becomes more achievable. In that case, looking into test might be worth it.
 
By age 55, your body's own growth hormone output is likely on the low side. After 21 it begins to fall, dropping roughly 14% with each decade that passes. One route is to spray and pray — begin at 2iu and gradually increase — or, if you lean toward harm reduction, get labs done. IGF-1 blood tests are fairly inexpensive and can be ordered online. Testosterone, as another person pointed out, is also on the table. For me, stacking HGH with Testosterone left me looking and feeling better at 47 than I can ever recall. I will never stop taking either.

Based on what I've personally seen, the GH secretagogues produce nothing you'd notice. Even if they raise your levels by 30% (which isn't typical), 30% of nothing is still nothing.

Nothing will work if your sleep is garbage, you don't lift and your diet isn't dialed in.
 
I've got all of that in motion. Four lifting sessions a week, plus I've been on Reta, so a few pounds have come off. Something I've noticed is that my sleep through the night is better now than it was before the weight started coming down. There's an appointment on the books to get my testosterone levels tested, but I'll need to reschedule it — one of my kids is having surgery that same day. Appreciate the info. 👍
 
Back
Top