Insomnia

Heatherweather

Explorer
Joined
Jul 2, 2026
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Location
NJ
For years I've struggled with really bad insomnia. It started long before I began Tirz, and it ties in somewhat with my anxiety (which prescription meds keep under control). Melatonin, magnesium, and similar things just leave me groggy in the middle of the day, particularly if I take them the night before. Prescription meds do help me fall asleep, but the same problem follows - I'm not sharp the next day.

Has anyone found a peptide they like that actually worked for them? I've come across mixed feedback on Epitalon, DSIP, and others.
 
Heatherweather said:

For years I've struggled with really bad insomnia. It started long before I began Tirz, and it ties in somewhat with my anxiety (which prescription meds keep under control). Melatonin, magnesium, and similar things just leave me groggy in the middle of the day, particularly if I take them the night before. Prescription meds do help me fall asleep, but the same problem follows - I'm not sharp the next day.

Has anyone found a peptide they like that actually worked for them? I've come across mixed feedback on Epitalon, DSIP, and others.
What helps me is taking marijuana gummies no less than 30 minutes before going to sleep. I wake up feeling okay. You could begin with 5 mg THC, which is half a gummy, or adjust as you like.
 
Insomnia is awful. I haven't looked into peptides aimed at sleep problems in any focused way, since I'd rather not end up dependent on something. Even so, CJC-IPA appears to help me get to sleep fast. The options you listed are supposedly meant to tackle sleep problems. Wishing you the best.
 
Calm Logic said:

Heatherweather said:

For years I've struggled with really bad insomnia. It started long before I began Tirz, and it ties in somewhat with my anxiety (which prescription meds keep under control). Melatonin, magnesium, and similar things just leave me groggy in the middle of the day, particularly if I take them the night before. Prescription meds do help me fall asleep, but the same problem follows - I'm not sharp the next day.

Has anyone found a peptide they like that actually worked for them? I've come across mixed feedback on Epitalon, DSIP, and others.
What helps me is taking marijuana gummies no less than 30 minutes before going to sleep. I wake up feeling okay. You could begin with 5 mg THC, which is half a gummy, or adjust as you like.
Regardless of how low the dose is, they leave me drowsy the following day.
 
Heatherweather said:

For years I've struggled with really bad insomnia. It started long before I began Tirz, and it ties in somewhat with my anxiety (which prescription meds keep under control). Melatonin, magnesium, and similar things just leave me groggy in the middle of the day, particularly if I take them the night before. Prescription meds do help me fall asleep, but the same problem follows - I'm not sharp the next day.

Has anyone found a peptide they like that actually worked for them? I've come across mixed feedback on Epitalon, DSIP, and others.
 
Heatherweather said:

Calm Logic said:

Heatherweather said:

For years I've struggled with really bad insomnia. It started long before I began Tirz, and it ties in somewhat with my anxiety (which prescription meds keep under control). Melatonin, magnesium, and similar things just leave me groggy in the middle of the day, particularly if I take them the night before. Prescription meds do help me fall asleep, but the same problem follows - I'm not sharp the next day.

Has anyone found a peptide they like that actually worked for them? I've come across mixed feedback on Epitalon, DSIP, and others.
What helps me is taking marijuana gummies no less than 30 minutes before going to sleep. I wake up feeling okay. You could begin with 5 mg THC, which is half a gummy, or adjust as you like.
Regardless of how low the dose is, they leave me drowsy the following day.
Seems like a mix of stimulants and sedatives is what you're after 😉
 
Calm Logic said:

Heatherweather said:

For years I've struggled with really bad insomnia. It started long before I began Tirz, and it ties in somewhat with my anxiety (which prescription meds keep under control). Melatonin, magnesium, and similar things just leave me groggy in the middle of the day, particularly if I take them the night before. Prescription meds do help me fall asleep, but the same problem follows - I'm not sharp the next day.

Has anyone found a peptide they like that actually worked for them? I've come across mixed feedback on Epitalon, DSIP, and others.
What helps me is taking marijuana gummies no less than 30 minutes before going to sleep. I wake up feeling okay. You could begin with 5 mg THC, which is half a gummy, or adjust as you like.
Each of my gummies contains 10 mg THC, 10 mg CBD, and 10 mg CBN.
 
Calm Logic said:

Heatherweather said:

Calm Logic said:

Heatherweather said:

For years I've struggled with really bad insomnia. It started long before I began Tirz, and it ties in somewhat with my anxiety (which prescription meds keep under control). Melatonin, magnesium, and similar things just leave me groggy in the middle of the day, particularly if I take them the night before. Prescription meds do help me fall asleep, but the same problem follows - I'm not sharp the next day.

Has anyone found a peptide they like that actually worked for them? I've come across mixed feedback on Epitalon, DSIP, and others.
What helps me is taking marijuana gummies no less than 30 minutes before going to sleep. I wake up feeling okay. You could begin with 5 mg THC, which is half a gummy, or adjust as you like.
Regardless of how low the dose is, they leave me drowsy the following day.
Seems like a mix of stimulants and sedatives is what you're after 😉
I keep thinking there's a market for selling Ambien and Provigil in 2-packs, aimed at residents in training and people working shifts. Whoever did it would clean up.

Amvigil: The Doctor's Friend. 💊💊
 
Heatherweather said:

For years I've struggled with really bad insomnia. It started long before I began Tirz, and it ties in somewhat with my anxiety (which prescription meds keep under control). Melatonin, magnesium, and similar things just leave me groggy in the middle of the day, particularly if I take them the night before. Prescription meds do help me fall asleep, but the same problem follows - I'm not sharp the next day.

Has anyone found a peptide they like that actually worked for them? I've come across mixed feedback on Epitalon, DSIP, and others.

Calm Logic said:

Heatherweather said:

For years I've struggled with really bad insomnia. It started long before I began Tirz, and it ties in somewhat with my anxiety (which prescription meds keep under control). Melatonin, magnesium, and similar things just leave me groggy in the middle of the day, particularly if I take them the night before. Prescription meds do help me fall asleep, but the same problem follows - I'm not sharp the next day.

Has anyone found a peptide they like that actually worked for them? I've come across mixed feedback on Epitalon, DSIP, and others.
What helps me is taking marijuana gummies no less than 30 minutes before going to sleep. I wake up feeling okay. You could begin with 5 mg THC, which is half a gummy, or adjust as you like.
a 1/4 is likely enough too - and NJ works out for everyone!
 
Give glycine powder a shot. Take 3-6 grams, stir it into water, and drink it down fast. It works, and you won't feel foggy the following day.
 
Since starting Epitalon, I've been getting 2-3 additional hours of sleep each night. I'm on 10mg of Tirzepatide as well, and previously I'd wake at 3 every night and stay awake until morning. That no longer occurs, and now the sleep is deep, with intense dreams that strike me as quite restorative.

Results weren't instant — it took roughly a couple of weeks — so anyone giving it a shot shouldn't count on overnight change, but in my case it clearly made a difference.
 
Wanna hear about my sleep struggles? Each night before lying down, my stack was: Taurine at 3000mg, Magnesium glycinate at 400mg, Melatonin at 100mg, Belsomra at 15mg, Lyrica at 300mg, a muscle relaxer, plus Tramadol at 50mg. Once I layered Epithalon nasal spray on top of everything, improvements finally showed up — but then I had to quit it cold because of a procedure scheduled for Wednesday. Restarting can't come soon enough, and this time I plan to add nasal DSIP into the mix as well. These days I'm managing 6-7 hours per night, which beats anything I've had in more than a year. My goal now is to slowly taper off most of these compounds and find out whether the peptides alone can carry the load. Having worked overnights for 35 years, I'm F'ing cooked.
 
OP, I'm dealing with the same thing, and Pinealon is something I've given a shot. During my 1st and 2nd nights on it, my sleep was pretty short, yet I woke up feeling fantastic! Like I could take on anything the day threw at me.

That benefit isn't there anymore. Could a tolerance have built up? Or maybe the bottle got shaken or dropped, causing the peptides to fall apart. Either way, I plan to order a fresh bottle shortly and will come back with an update on whether it works better.

At the moment I'm running an Epitalon protocol.

My guess is that it mainly keeps me from feeling sooooo wiped out while the day goes on, but getting to sleep isn't something it helps with.

DSIP is what I'll test after that.

Supposedly there are 1 or 2 others besides these that can rebalance circadian rhythm.
 
I've dealt with insomnia for basically my whole life—going all the way back to when I was 6 years old—and once I added GLP1, it got even worse. Here's what I've experimented with:

  • Melatonin: left me feeling terrible and groggy the following day 4/10
  • Gummies: they relax me but don't make me very sleepy, though I've come across negative reports about using them long term 7/10
  • Magnesium glycinate: I've taken this since summer, 1 hr before going to bed, and there's no next-day grogginess 8/10
  • CJC-1295: my sleep is significantly better and so is my recovery at the gym; I use it 5 days a week 8.5/10
Right now I'm on magnesium glycinate plus CJC-1295. Thanks to these, my sleep has improved; I went from roughly 3-5 hours to about 7 hours on a consistent basis. I'd still like to reach 8 hours every day, but those two have clearly helped.

At one point I was struggling with pretty severe anxiety, and it mostly stemmed from not being able to sleep. That's well behind me at this point!
 
This post really resonates with me. I've dealt with insomnia my whole life too, but once I added Reta it got significantly worse. My routine includes mag gly/l-theanine gummies plus a thc/cbd gummy before bed — falling asleep works fine, yet I wake up roughly 3 hrs later every single night and can't fall back asleep without a small dose of ambien (around ~2mg). I was never able to go above 4mg of Reta, and since I'm nearing my goal I'm now attempting to taper that down.

Some newer insomnia meds have come out, Quvivq being one, which are meant to improve sleep maintenance with less next-day grogginess, but because they're newly patented the cost is very high, so I haven't given them a try.
 
GiffMeReta said:

I've dealt with insomnia for basically my whole life—going all the way back to when I was 6 years old—and once I added GLP1, it got even worse. Here's what I've experimented with:

  • Melatonin: left me feeling terrible and groggy the following day 4/10
  • Gummies: they relax me but don't make me very sleepy, though I've come across negative reports about using them long term 7/10
  • Magnesium glycinate: I've taken this since summer, 1 hr before going to bed, and there's no next-day grogginess 8/10
  • CJC-1295: my sleep is significantly better and so is my recovery at the gym; I use it 5 days a week 8.5/10
Right now I'm on magnesium glycinate plus CJC-1295. Thanks to these, my sleep has improved; I went from roughly 3-5 hours to about 7 hours on a consistent basis. I'd still like to reach 8 hours every day, but those two have clearly helped.

At one point I was struggling with pretty severe anxiety, and it mostly stemmed from not being able to sleep. That's well behind me at this point!
What's your mag glycinate dosage in mg? It's been tough for me to locate mag glycinate supplements at a high mg that don't include junk ingredients alongside them. My compromise was to take two rather than one.
 
I have nothing useful to suggest, but sleep problems are hitting me as well. For me it's waking up too early, somewhere near 3 in the morning…since I aim to be up at 04:30/05:00, that ruins things and leaves me exhausted constantly. DSIP is something I've been giving a try, and honestly I can't point to any effect from it. There's still a good amount of DSIP left, so I'm experimenting with many different doses. CJC+IPA is another thing I've tested, and that hasn't produced anything either.
 
Milotic said:

I have nothing useful to suggest, but sleep problems are hitting me as well. For me it's waking up too early, somewhere near 3 in the morning…since I aim to be up at 04:30/05:00, that ruins things and leaves me exhausted constantly. DSIP is something I've been giving a try, and honestly I can't point to any effect from it. There's still a good amount of DSIP left, so I'm experimenting with many different doses. CJC+IPA is another thing I've tested, and that hasn't produced anything either.
Here are a few options worth trying.

1.) Glycine — take it at night before bed. Minimum of 3grams, though 6-9 grams is also fine.

Should that not be enough...

2.) Magnesium glycinate — roughly 1,000 mgs before bed at night.

Should that not be enough...

3.) Give this 3-part stack a shot: Ashwagandha (the ksm66 version, 600mg), L theanine (200mg), and melatonin (5mg). Take 1 pill of each at night before bed.

NOW is the brand I use. Any brand you prefer is fine.

dpsnutrition.net

This sight (no affiliate code lol) is the one I normally go with. It carries a massive range of supplements and the prices tend to be the lowest.

Hope this helps.
 
Back
Top