Insomnia

CharlieBrown said:

GroundBison said:

CharlieBrown said:

CharlieBrown said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
I wouldn't call myself a night owl, yet for 3 years my sleep has been poor.

Since every option is addictive, my doctor refuses to prescribe anything.

DSIP peptide is something I only just learned about.

And last week I'd already placed an order for Mots-C..🙁
Trazadone is worth a shot — it isn't addictive and helps quite a few folks, at least until it quits working. It's a Physcho med from the old school days; I took it for 5 years and usually managed 5-7 hours of sleep. Getting an Rx through online telehealth is simple too.

Dsip and Epithalon were useless in my case. CJC-1295 no dac paired with Ipamorelin gives me a slight boost, and Melatinon is fine.
My doctor gave me Trazadone, 50mg. I believe I quit using it since it left me feeling foggy in the morning. Anything potentially habit-forming is something he won't prescribe.

Thanks — tonight I'll give it another go.
What a coincidence you'd bring that up today—I just submitted my prescription request for Belsomra. I've been recovering from surgery and out of work for 7 weeks, and I still can't manage to get proper sleep. One day I'll get 6 hours, the next only 4, and I wake up 3X—so frustrating!

Belsomra costs $450. Luckily, since I've already met my out-of-pocket maximum this year, it's covered, and I'm really hoping it does the trick.

If it doesn't, I noticed some folks have had success with DSIP & Epithalon as a nasal spray—that's my fallback option. The injection version was a bust, but I'm willing to give just about anything a shot.

I'm not trying to be your doctor here, but Trazadone has a score line, so I'd break it in half. I'd take 1 half 1-2 hours before bedtime, then the remaining half right before bed—or take half before bed and the other half when I woke up (which always happened) to use the bathroom. Doing this helped stretch out my sleep and cut down on the grogginess I felt upon waking. It worked for a couple of years, but my doctor didn't want me on the maximum dose, so I began experimenting with other options. Wishing you the best of luck.
Thanks a lot ! No need to stress over playing DR. As a kid I adored it....lol

That suggestion is solid. I ran a Google search and came across some intriguing posts......

- The doctor gave me 50 mg tablets, instructing me to break each one in two and use it at night prior to going to bed. WOW! Such a huge relief! I CAN SLEEP without dealing with Ambien's side effects!

And here's another....

- At the start I was given 50 mg, yet I soon lowered my dose down to 25 mg since the morning fogginess side effects bothered me. That amount did the trick for me, and my sleep became the most steady it had been in ages.

So I appreciate the tip !!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
At 10pm I went ahead and took the 25mg dose. Even though I felt tired, getting to sleep still took 1.5hrs.

I stayed asleep until 5am, then dropped off again fast, and the alarm at 630am finally got me up.

Sleepiness hit me hard; staying in bed would have been the smarter move. Instead I got up, did yoga, and stretched.

By 8am I was at the gym. I walked in with my eyes half closed. The worst workout I ever had.

Matching the numbers from my previous workout was impossible....surprise, surprise 🤣

For the next 7 days I will keep trying the trazadone at 25mg. I'm sure it will get better !
Wishing you success with trazodone and that your body adjusts to it! My nightly dose is 150 mg, and the only side effect I typically notice is a dry mouth when I wake up. For me, the bigger problem is remaining asleep rather than drifting off, yet trazodone still helps quite a bit. Compared with Ambien or Lunesta, it does far more for me.

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

CharlieBrown said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
I wouldn't call myself a night owl, yet for 3 years my sleep has been poor.

Since every option is addictive, my doctor refuses to prescribe anything.

DSIP peptide is something I only just learned about.

And last week I'd already placed an order for Mots-C..🙁
Trazadone is worth a shot — it isn't addictive and helps quite a few folks, at least until it quits working. It's a Physcho med from the old school days; I took it for 5 years and usually managed 5-7 hours of sleep. Getting an Rx through online telehealth is simple too.

Dsip and Epithalon were useless in my case. CJC-1295 no dac paired with Ipamorelin gives me a slight boost, and Melatinon is fine.
My doctor gave me Trazadone, 50mg. I believe I quit using it since it left me feeling foggy in the morning. Anything potentially habit-forming is something he won't prescribe.

Thanks — tonight I'll give it another go.
What a coincidence you'd bring that up today—I just submitted my prescription request for Belsomra. I've been recovering from surgery and out of work for 7 weeks, and I still can't manage to get proper sleep. One day I'll get 6 hours, the next only 4, and I wake up 3X—so frustrating!

Belsomra costs $450. Luckily, since I've already met my out-of-pocket maximum this year, it's covered, and I'm really hoping it does the trick.

If it doesn't, I noticed some folks have had success with DSIP & Epithalon as a nasal spray—that's my fallback option. The injection version was a bust, but I'm willing to give just about anything a shot.

I'm not trying to be your doctor here, but Trazadone has a score line, so I'd break it in half. I'd take 1 half 1-2 hours before bedtime, then the remaining half right before bed—or take half before bed and the other half when I woke up (which always happened) to use the bathroom. Doing this helped stretch out my sleep and cut down on the grogginess I felt upon waking. It worked for a couple of years, but my doctor didn't want me on the maximum dose, so I began experimenting with other options. Wishing you the best of luck.
Thanks a lot ! No need to stress over playing DR. As a kid I adored it....lol

That suggestion is solid. I ran a Google search and came across some intriguing posts......

- The doctor gave me 50 mg tablets, instructing me to break each one in two and use it at night prior to going to bed. WOW! Such a huge relief! I CAN SLEEP without dealing with Ambien's side effects!

And here's another....

- At the start I was given 50 mg, yet I soon lowered my dose down to 25 mg since the morning fogginess side effects bothered me. That amount did the trick for me, and my sleep became the most steady it had been in ages.

So I appreciate the tip !!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
At 10pm I went ahead and took the 25mg dose. Even though I felt tired, getting to sleep still took 1.5hrs.

I stayed asleep until 5am, then dropped off again fast, and the alarm at 630am finally got me up.

Sleepiness hit me hard; staying in bed would have been the smarter move. Instead I got up, did yoga, and stretched.

By 8am I was at the gym. I walked in with my eyes half closed. The worst workout I ever had.

Matching the numbers from my previous workout was impossible....surprise, surprise 🤣

For the next 7 days I will keep trying the trazadone at 25mg. I'm sure it will get better !
At this point there's nothing left to risk except my sleep, haha. Fingers crossed it does the trick for you — for me it tended to kick in pretty fast. Trazadone covers a pretty broad range of doses, so don't judge it right away. Back when I had a 45lb dog, I'd hand her 50mg of trazadone before Vet exams because she got what they described as a little spicy. A few times I even went with 100mg for an ultrasound, just so we could skip paying for anesthesia. Looks like Trazadone has its K9 uses as well.

My Belsomra arrived, and honestly the box looks pricier than the medication inside? We'll see how it goes.
Thank you....

last night I gave it another try, 25mg at 10pm. at midnight I woke up and since I couldn't get back to sleep, the remaining 25mg went in. stayed asleep until 7am. ( no gym - rest day )

however I'm getting up with fatigue/drowsiness. does that fade with time ?
Morning grogginess used to hit me, though these days it's mostly gone. Whether that happens for everyone, I can't say—but in my case it faded.
 
CharlieBrown said:

GroundBison said:

CharlieBrown said:

CharlieBrown said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
I wouldn't call myself a night owl, yet for 3 years my sleep has been poor.

Since every option is addictive, my doctor refuses to prescribe anything.

DSIP peptide is something I only just learned about.

And last week I'd already placed an order for Mots-C..🙁
Trazadone is worth a shot — it isn't addictive and helps quite a few folks, at least until it quits working. It's a Physcho med from the old school days; I took it for 5 years and usually managed 5-7 hours of sleep. Getting an Rx through online telehealth is simple too.

Dsip and Epithalon were useless in my case. CJC-1295 no dac paired with Ipamorelin gives me a slight boost, and Melatinon is fine.
My doctor gave me Trazadone, 50mg. I believe I quit using it since it left me feeling foggy in the morning. Anything potentially habit-forming is something he won't prescribe.

Thanks — tonight I'll give it another go.
What a coincidence you'd bring that up today—I just submitted my prescription request for Belsomra. I've been recovering from surgery and out of work for 7 weeks, and I still can't manage to get proper sleep. One day I'll get 6 hours, the next only 4, and I wake up 3X—so frustrating!

Belsomra costs $450. Luckily, since I've already met my out-of-pocket maximum this year, it's covered, and I'm really hoping it does the trick.

If it doesn't, I noticed some folks have had success with DSIP & Epithalon as a nasal spray—that's my fallback option. The injection version was a bust, but I'm willing to give just about anything a shot.

I'm not trying to be your doctor here, but Trazadone has a score line, so I'd break it in half. I'd take 1 half 1-2 hours before bedtime, then the remaining half right before bed—or take half before bed and the other half when I woke up (which always happened) to use the bathroom. Doing this helped stretch out my sleep and cut down on the grogginess I felt upon waking. It worked for a couple of years, but my doctor didn't want me on the maximum dose, so I began experimenting with other options. Wishing you the best of luck.
Thanks a lot ! No need to stress over playing DR. As a kid I adored it....lol

That suggestion is solid. I ran a Google search and came across some intriguing posts......

- The doctor gave me 50 mg tablets, instructing me to break each one in two and use it at night prior to going to bed. WOW! Such a huge relief! I CAN SLEEP without dealing with Ambien's side effects!

And here's another....

- At the start I was given 50 mg, yet I soon lowered my dose down to 25 mg since the morning fogginess side effects bothered me. That amount did the trick for me, and my sleep became the most steady it had been in ages.

So I appreciate the tip !!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
At 10pm I went ahead and took the 25mg dose. Even though I felt tired, getting to sleep still took 1.5hrs.

I stayed asleep until 5am, then dropped off again fast, and the alarm at 630am finally got me up.

Sleepiness hit me hard; staying in bed would have been the smarter move. Instead I got up, did yoga, and stretched.

By 8am I was at the gym. I walked in with my eyes half closed. The worst workout I ever had.

Matching the numbers from my previous workout was impossible....surprise, surprise 🤣

For the next 7 days I will keep trying the trazadone at 25mg. I'm sure it will get better !
Wishing you success with trazodone and that your body adjusts to it! My nightly dose is 150 mg, and the only side effect I typically notice is a dry mouth when I wake up. For me, the bigger problem is remaining asleep rather than drifting off, yet trazodone still helps quite a bit. Compared with Ambien or Lunesta, it does far more for me.

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

CharlieBrown said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
I wouldn't call myself a night owl, yet for 3 years my sleep has been poor.

Since every option is addictive, my doctor refuses to prescribe anything.

DSIP peptide is something I only just learned about.

And last week I'd already placed an order for Mots-C..🙁
Trazadone is worth a shot — it isn't addictive and helps quite a few folks, at least until it quits working. It's a Physcho med from the old school days; I took it for 5 years and usually managed 5-7 hours of sleep. Getting an Rx through online telehealth is simple too.

Dsip and Epithalon were useless in my case. CJC-1295 no dac paired with Ipamorelin gives me a slight boost, and Melatinon is fine.
My doctor gave me Trazadone, 50mg. I believe I quit using it since it left me feeling foggy in the morning. Anything potentially habit-forming is something he won't prescribe.

Thanks — tonight I'll give it another go.
What a coincidence you'd bring that up today—I just submitted my prescription request for Belsomra. I've been recovering from surgery and out of work for 7 weeks, and I still can't manage to get proper sleep. One day I'll get 6 hours, the next only 4, and I wake up 3X—so frustrating!

Belsomra costs $450. Luckily, since I've already met my out-of-pocket maximum this year, it's covered, and I'm really hoping it does the trick.

If it doesn't, I noticed some folks have had success with DSIP & Epithalon as a nasal spray—that's my fallback option. The injection version was a bust, but I'm willing to give just about anything a shot.

I'm not trying to be your doctor here, but Trazadone has a score line, so I'd break it in half. I'd take 1 half 1-2 hours before bedtime, then the remaining half right before bed—or take half before bed and the other half when I woke up (which always happened) to use the bathroom. Doing this helped stretch out my sleep and cut down on the grogginess I felt upon waking. It worked for a couple of years, but my doctor didn't want me on the maximum dose, so I began experimenting with other options. Wishing you the best of luck.
Thanks a lot ! No need to stress over playing DR. As a kid I adored it....lol

That suggestion is solid. I ran a Google search and came across some intriguing posts......

- The doctor gave me 50 mg tablets, instructing me to break each one in two and use it at night prior to going to bed. WOW! Such a huge relief! I CAN SLEEP without dealing with Ambien's side effects!

And here's another....

- At the start I was given 50 mg, yet I soon lowered my dose down to 25 mg since the morning fogginess side effects bothered me. That amount did the trick for me, and my sleep became the most steady it had been in ages.

So I appreciate the tip !!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
At 10pm I went ahead and took the 25mg dose. Even though I felt tired, getting to sleep still took 1.5hrs.

I stayed asleep until 5am, then dropped off again fast, and the alarm at 630am finally got me up.

Sleepiness hit me hard; staying in bed would have been the smarter move. Instead I got up, did yoga, and stretched.

By 8am I was at the gym. I walked in with my eyes half closed. The worst workout I ever had.

Matching the numbers from my previous workout was impossible....surprise, surprise 🤣

For the next 7 days I will keep trying the trazadone at 25mg. I'm sure it will get better !
At this point there's nothing left to risk except my sleep, haha. Fingers crossed it does the trick for you — for me it tended to kick in pretty fast. Trazadone covers a pretty broad range of doses, so don't judge it right away. Back when I had a 45lb dog, I'd hand her 50mg of trazadone before Vet exams because she got what they described as a little spicy. A few times I even went with 100mg for an ultrasound, just so we could skip paying for anesthesia. Looks like Trazadone has its K9 uses as well.

My Belsomra arrived, and honestly the box looks pricier than the medication inside? We'll see how it goes.
Thank you....

last night I gave it another try, 25mg at 10pm. at midnight I woke up and since I couldn't get back to sleep, the remaining 25mg went in. stayed asleep until 7am. ( no gym - rest day )

however I'm getting up with fatigue/drowsiness. does that fade with time ?
It takes a while for your system to adjust, so a couple of weeks is probably needed. The Trazadone tablets have score marks, so you could break a 25mg pill into 12.5mg and use that for your 2nd dose. That way, there's a chance you'll feel less foggy when you get up. Still, I'd suggest letting each dose run for 2 weeks so you can see how your body responds. That groggy feeling is awful, I know. But when I weigh it against sleeping well? For steady 6-8 hours of sleep, I'd gladly put up with the grogginess!
 
RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

GroundBison said:

CharlieBrown said:

CharlieBrown said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
I wouldn't call myself a night owl, yet for 3 years my sleep has been poor.

Since every option is addictive, my doctor refuses to prescribe anything.

DSIP peptide is something I only just learned about.

And last week I'd already placed an order for Mots-C..🙁
Trazadone is worth a shot — it isn't addictive and helps quite a few folks, at least until it quits working. It's a Physcho med from the old school days; I took it for 5 years and usually managed 5-7 hours of sleep. Getting an Rx through online telehealth is simple too.

Dsip and Epithalon were useless in my case. CJC-1295 no dac paired with Ipamorelin gives me a slight boost, and Melatinon is fine.
My doctor gave me Trazadone, 50mg. I believe I quit using it since it left me feeling foggy in the morning. Anything potentially habit-forming is something he won't prescribe.

Thanks — tonight I'll give it another go.
What a coincidence you'd bring that up today—I just submitted my prescription request for Belsomra. I've been recovering from surgery and out of work for 7 weeks, and I still can't manage to get proper sleep. One day I'll get 6 hours, the next only 4, and I wake up 3X—so frustrating!

Belsomra costs $450. Luckily, since I've already met my out-of-pocket maximum this year, it's covered, and I'm really hoping it does the trick.

If it doesn't, I noticed some folks have had success with DSIP & Epithalon as a nasal spray—that's my fallback option. The injection version was a bust, but I'm willing to give just about anything a shot.

I'm not trying to be your doctor here, but Trazadone has a score line, so I'd break it in half. I'd take 1 half 1-2 hours before bedtime, then the remaining half right before bed—or take half before bed and the other half when I woke up (which always happened) to use the bathroom. Doing this helped stretch out my sleep and cut down on the grogginess I felt upon waking. It worked for a couple of years, but my doctor didn't want me on the maximum dose, so I began experimenting with other options. Wishing you the best of luck.
Thanks a lot ! No need to stress over playing DR. As a kid I adored it....lol

That suggestion is solid. I ran a Google search and came across some intriguing posts......

- The doctor gave me 50 mg tablets, instructing me to break each one in two and use it at night prior to going to bed. WOW! Such a huge relief! I CAN SLEEP without dealing with Ambien's side effects!

And here's another....

- At the start I was given 50 mg, yet I soon lowered my dose down to 25 mg since the morning fogginess side effects bothered me. That amount did the trick for me, and my sleep became the most steady it had been in ages.

So I appreciate the tip !!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
At 10pm I went ahead and took the 25mg dose. Even though I felt tired, getting to sleep still took 1.5hrs.

I stayed asleep until 5am, then dropped off again fast, and the alarm at 630am finally got me up.

Sleepiness hit me hard; staying in bed would have been the smarter move. Instead I got up, did yoga, and stretched.

By 8am I was at the gym. I walked in with my eyes half closed. The worst workout I ever had.

Matching the numbers from my previous workout was impossible....surprise, surprise 🤣

For the next 7 days I will keep trying the trazadone at 25mg. I'm sure it will get better !
Wishing you success with trazodone and that your body adjusts to it! My nightly dose is 150 mg, and the only side effect I typically notice is a dry mouth when I wake up. For me, the bigger problem is remaining asleep rather than drifting off, yet trazodone still helps quite a bit. Compared with Ambien or Lunesta, it does far more for me.

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

CharlieBrown said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
I wouldn't call myself a night owl, yet for 3 years my sleep has been poor.

Since every option is addictive, my doctor refuses to prescribe anything.

DSIP peptide is something I only just learned about.

And last week I'd already placed an order for Mots-C..🙁
Trazadone is worth a shot — it isn't addictive and helps quite a few folks, at least until it quits working. It's a Physcho med from the old school days; I took it for 5 years and usually managed 5-7 hours of sleep. Getting an Rx through online telehealth is simple too.

Dsip and Epithalon were useless in my case. CJC-1295 no dac paired with Ipamorelin gives me a slight boost, and Melatinon is fine.
My doctor gave me Trazadone, 50mg. I believe I quit using it since it left me feeling foggy in the morning. Anything potentially habit-forming is something he won't prescribe.

Thanks — tonight I'll give it another go.
What a coincidence you'd bring that up today—I just submitted my prescription request for Belsomra. I've been recovering from surgery and out of work for 7 weeks, and I still can't manage to get proper sleep. One day I'll get 6 hours, the next only 4, and I wake up 3X—so frustrating!

Belsomra costs $450. Luckily, since I've already met my out-of-pocket maximum this year, it's covered, and I'm really hoping it does the trick.

If it doesn't, I noticed some folks have had success with DSIP & Epithalon as a nasal spray—that's my fallback option. The injection version was a bust, but I'm willing to give just about anything a shot.

I'm not trying to be your doctor here, but Trazadone has a score line, so I'd break it in half. I'd take 1 half 1-2 hours before bedtime, then the remaining half right before bed—or take half before bed and the other half when I woke up (which always happened) to use the bathroom. Doing this helped stretch out my sleep and cut down on the grogginess I felt upon waking. It worked for a couple of years, but my doctor didn't want me on the maximum dose, so I began experimenting with other options. Wishing you the best of luck.
Thanks a lot ! No need to stress over playing DR. As a kid I adored it....lol

That suggestion is solid. I ran a Google search and came across some intriguing posts......

- The doctor gave me 50 mg tablets, instructing me to break each one in two and use it at night prior to going to bed. WOW! Such a huge relief! I CAN SLEEP without dealing with Ambien's side effects!

And here's another....

- At the start I was given 50 mg, yet I soon lowered my dose down to 25 mg since the morning fogginess side effects bothered me. That amount did the trick for me, and my sleep became the most steady it had been in ages.

So I appreciate the tip !!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
At 10pm I went ahead and took the 25mg dose. Even though I felt tired, getting to sleep still took 1.5hrs.

I stayed asleep until 5am, then dropped off again fast, and the alarm at 630am finally got me up.

Sleepiness hit me hard; staying in bed would have been the smarter move. Instead I got up, did yoga, and stretched.

By 8am I was at the gym. I walked in with my eyes half closed. The worst workout I ever had.

Matching the numbers from my previous workout was impossible....surprise, surprise 🤣

For the next 7 days I will keep trying the trazadone at 25mg. I'm sure it will get better !
At this point there's nothing left to risk except my sleep, haha. Fingers crossed it does the trick for you — for me it tended to kick in pretty fast. Trazadone covers a pretty broad range of doses, so don't judge it right away. Back when I had a 45lb dog, I'd hand her 50mg of trazadone before Vet exams because she got what they described as a little spicy. A few times I even went with 100mg for an ultrasound, just so we could skip paying for anesthesia. Looks like Trazadone has its K9 uses as well.

My Belsomra arrived, and honestly the box looks pricier than the medication inside? We'll see how it goes.
Thank you....

last night I gave it another try, 25mg at 10pm. at midnight I woke up and since I couldn't get back to sleep, the remaining 25mg went in. stayed asleep until 7am. ( no gym - rest day )

however I'm getting up with fatigue/drowsiness. does that fade with time ?
It takes a while for your system to adjust, so a couple of weeks is probably needed. The Trazadone tablets have score marks, so you could break a 25mg pill into 12.5mg and use that for your 2nd dose. That way, there's a chance you'll feel less foggy when you get up. Still, I'd suggest letting each dose run for 2 weeks so you can see how your body responds. That groggy feeling is awful, I know. But when I weigh it against sleeping well? For steady 6-8 hours of sleep, I'd gladly put up with the grogginess!
Sorry about that....the 50mg is already being divided down to 25mg.

This came up when I searched Google.......

Indeed, trazodone often leaves people feeling groggy, sleepy, or "hungover" the following day, and in certain reports more than 40% of users report drowsiness. For insomnia treatment, that sedative effect is the side effect seen most often. How strong it feels varies with the dose and how a person metabolizes it, and possible symptoms include lightheadedness, lower alertness, and ongoing tiredness.

-GoodRx

My plan is to cut the 25mg again, down to 12.5mg, and see what happens.

Thanks for all the suggestions 🙂
 
I need to make a firm commitment to take Melatonin at 9pm if I want to get to sleep early. To be honest, my mind struggles to stop dwelling on everything happening in my life and at work. Oh, and I also make sure EVERY light in the room is blacked out—literally all of them, even that tiny indicator light on the TV showing it's off (why do I even need that light lol)—and I put on some rain sounds too...I'd like to believe it helps me sleep more deeply, but I'm certain it serves as a signal to my brain that it's time for sleep mode.
 
OSA is something I deal with, and on top of that I'm a light sleeper, so it's a rough combination. I'm currently in therapy for OSA, and wearing earplugs plus an eye mask is part of the routine. The sleep I get has become less interrupted, yet I still can't reach a full 8hrs. My range sits between 6.5-7.5. With OURA rings, things get worse, since the data makes you believe you slept more than it reports.

When it comes to my sleep routine, it's far from ideal. I'll try out a few of the things that came up in this thread!
 
Loscar said:

OSA is something I deal with, and on top of that I'm a light sleeper, so it's a rough combination. I'm currently in therapy for OSA, and wearing earplugs plus an eye mask is part of the routine. The sleep I get has become less interrupted, yet I still can't reach a full 8hrs. My range sits between 6.5-7.5. With OURA rings, things get worse, since the data makes you believe you slept more than it reports.

When it comes to my sleep routine, it's far from ideal. I'll try out a few of the things that came up in this thread!
I looked up OSA on Google. Snoring isn't something I do—not even a little. Plus, I figured it was only a thing for men who were older or carrying extra weight and snored.

Turns out that's wrong!! Take my ex-wife: she's Asian, stands 5'3" and weighed 118lbs, yet her snoring sounded like a bear....lol

That being said, across a number of years it gradually became softer and happened less often.

These days I almost never catch her snoring. (Yep, ex-wife...and yep, still....you now 😉)
 
CharlieBrown said:

TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
I wouldn't call myself a night owl, yet for 3 years my sleep has been poor.

Since every option is addictive, my doctor refuses to prescribe anything.

DSIP peptide is something I only just learned about.

And last week I'd already placed an order for Mots-C..🙁
Trazodone? Not effective for everyone. It is for me, though. Occasionally I combine it with Lunesta. Still, trazodone does not work in every case. My sleep issues go back 30 years. I have attempted every option imaginable, and each one only helps marginally, if at all. My sleep combination, however… Beta, saffron, l-t, magnesium g, ashwag, Val root, plus a glass of tart juice and club soda… I take that 1 hour before bed, and at times I feel drowsy and sense that sleep will come. On other nights, I need the traz and maybe Lunesta. At the very least, it has stopped me from spending 7-8 hours in bed while only sleeping 3-4 hours.
 
Gt3294a said:

CharlieBrown said:

TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
I wouldn't call myself a night owl, yet for 3 years my sleep has been poor.

Since every option is addictive, my doctor refuses to prescribe anything.

DSIP peptide is something I only just learned about.

And last week I'd already placed an order for Mots-C..🙁
Trazodone? Not effective for everyone. It is for me, though. Occasionally I combine it with Lunesta. Still, trazodone does not work in every case. My sleep issues go back 30 years. I have attempted every option imaginable, and each one only helps marginally, if at all. My sleep combination, however… Beta, saffron, l-t, magnesium g, ashwag, Val root, plus a glass of tart juice and club soda… I take that 1 hour before bed, and at times I feel drowsy and sense that sleep will come. On other nights, I need the traz and maybe Lunesta. At the very least, it has stopped me from spending 7-8 hours in bed while only sleeping 3-4 hours.
The knowledge I've picked up here in so little time has left me in AWW.

Nothing I could have found through research or YouTube videos would stack up.

Alright, time for a brief silly detour. Back in my 20's, I recall drifting off to sleep immediately after being intimate with my wife 🤣 🤣 🤣
 
Been an insomniac my whole life — half a century and counting. That's part of the reason I got into this scene in the first place. Carb loading alongside a high dose of b3 is what helped me; I quit it though, since diabetes has killed people in my family and I'd rather not go early. Glycine and l-theanine did something, but only mildly. Trazodone brought on the worst nightmares I've ever had. Magnesium glycinate alone was useless, yet when I take it together with melatonin and valerian, I can genuinely sleep — not merely drift off.

ipa turned out to be really effective for deep sleep, but it left me constantly hungry even though my glp-1 dose was moderate. I put on a lot of weight while taking it, and my calories never went up. With food I'm basically a robot — the exact same thing every single day, and it doesn't bother me one bit. I moved to HGH and shed all the weight ipa put on me, but for sleep it doesn't do what ipa did.

Right now I'm in my first Epitalon cycle (5mg/day) — maybe at last this will fix my broken sleep cycle.
 
Back
Top