Insomnia

Hotlongs said:

GTS97 said:

Hotlongs said:

I picked up a shikifuton not long ago, and my sleep has honestly never been better. In a past job I worked in a techops-type position, and it completely destroyed any semblance of a sleep routine.

Putting money into your comfort and sleep hygiene is something I'd strongly suggest. A lot of box spring mattresses do a number on your back, and memory foam doesn't cool you properly or give your spine the support it needs either.
That's a fascinating point. Up until I was around 20, I had a loft bed — essentially a mattress by itself — starting from when I was very young. I adored that bed and my sleep was excellent. And I often remark, “My sleep is never as good as when I'm camping (on a camp mattress, or even just a sleeping bag on the ground).”
Since I started using a coconut coir mat from Thailand, roughly 1.5 inches thick, my sleep has been excellent. Unlike a standard mattress, this setup lets air move through and keeps me cool.
Getting enough airflow sounds great. My wife gets really hot and sweaty while she sleeps 🤣 I’m going to check that out as well! Thanks for the tip.
 
Chrissven said:

These issues affect me too. When the weekend comes around I'm able to sleep through the daytime hours, yet once night arrives my sleep quality is simply poor. L-tryptophan, melatonin, ashwaghanda, magnesium glycinate — I've given all of them a shot, and none of them made a difference. Epitalon was another thing I tried, and it didn't work either. At the start, zopiclone was the sole option that provided any relief, though sadly your body builds tolerance to it, meaning the dosage has to go up. These days, with Reta in the picture, my sleep has gotten even worse.
How do you work out? What do you eat? What about sleep habits?
 
GTS97 said:

Chrissven said:

These issues affect me too. When the weekend comes around I'm able to sleep through the daytime hours, yet once night arrives my sleep quality is simply poor. L-tryptophan, melatonin, ashwaghanda, magnesium glycinate — I've given all of them a shot, and none of them made a difference. Epitalon was another thing I tried, and it didn't work either. At the start, zopiclone was the sole option that provided any relief, though sadly your body builds tolerance to it, meaning the dosage has to go up. These days, with Reta in the picture, my sleep has gotten even worse.
How do you work out? What do you eat? What about sleep habits?
During the week, my bedtime stays consistent. As soon as I wake, I get out of bed. I follow no particular diet; my goals are to keep muscle and shed fat.
 
Chrissven said:

GTS97 said:

Chrissven said:

These issues affect me too. When the weekend comes around I'm able to sleep through the daytime hours, yet once night arrives my sleep quality is simply poor. L-tryptophan, melatonin, ashwaghanda, magnesium glycinate — I've given all of them a shot, and none of them made a difference. Epitalon was another thing I tried, and it didn't work either. At the start, zopiclone was the sole option that provided any relief, though sadly your body builds tolerance to it, meaning the dosage has to go up. These days, with Reta in the picture, my sleep has gotten even worse.
How do you work out? What do you eat? What about sleep habits?
During the week, my bedtime stays consistent. As soon as I wake, I get out of bed. I follow no particular diet; my goals are to keep muscle and shed fat.
So you’re not following any diet? Does that mean your eating habits are bad?
 
GTS97 said:

Chrissven said:

GTS97 said:

Chrissven said:

These issues affect me too. When the weekend comes around I'm able to sleep through the daytime hours, yet once night arrives my sleep quality is simply poor. L-tryptophan, melatonin, ashwaghanda, magnesium glycinate — I've given all of them a shot, and none of them made a difference. Epitalon was another thing I tried, and it didn't work either. At the start, zopiclone was the sole option that provided any relief, though sadly your body builds tolerance to it, meaning the dosage has to go up. These days, with Reta in the picture, my sleep has gotten even worse.
How do you work out? What do you eat? What about sleep habits?
During the week, my bedtime stays consistent. As soon as I wake, I get out of bed. I follow no particular diet; my goals are to keep muscle and shed fat.
So you’re not following any diet? Does that mean your eating habits are bad?
Nope, not exactly. I eat plenty of quark, skyr, red berries, oatmeal, rice, chicken, red meat, a lot of mixed vegetables, and eggs...
 
TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
Much like watching what you eat or staying active, getting proper rest is something you have to work at. I learned that lesson the difficult way too. Without a consistent bedtime ritual that you actually stick to, you won't get anywhere.

Here is what helped me.

#1 Keep phones and computers away before sleeping.

#2 Take 500+ mg of Magnesium glycinate

#3 Take 20mg of Melatonin

#4 Turn in early... (I make myself get into bed with every light off no later than 11:00pm).

You won't notice anything after day one, but stay consistent and roughly 1 week in, your sleep ought to begin getting better.
 
CharlieBrown said:

TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
I wouldn't call myself a night owl, yet for 3 years my sleep has been poor.

Since every option is addictive, my doctor refuses to prescribe anything.

DSIP peptide is something I only just learned about.

And last week I'd already placed an order for Mots-C..🙁
What bothered me about the prescription was the wild things I ended up doing while taking it. My sleep was excellent, I never became dependent, and I quit abruptly in a single day without any problems — yet the actions I carried out while completely unaware of them were frightening.
 
sfkid said:

TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
Much like watching what you eat or staying active, getting proper rest is something you have to work at. I learned that lesson the difficult way too. Without a consistent bedtime ritual that you actually stick to, you won't get anywhere.

Here is what helped me.

#1 Keep phones and computers away before sleeping.

#2 Take 500+ mg of Magnesium glycinate

#3 Take 20mg of Melatonin

#4 Turn in early... (I make myself get into bed with every light off no later than 11:00pm).

You won't notice anything after day one, but stay consistent and roughly 1 week in, your sleep ought to begin getting better.
For melatonin, my dose is just 5mg, and I use both magnesium citrate and magnesium glycinate.

However, my cell phone is always by my side
 
TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
I really do understand what you're going through.

I spent 36 years working shifts, and most of that was in a 9-1-1 Dispatch Center...my cortisol levels were so high that my ability to sleep well was destroyed...at times I'd get stuck in an insomnia cycle, and once it nearly put me in the hospital.

Insomnia is awful. Once I retired, things actually got worse.

These days I've finally managed to get things under control, and I don't have to take Traz anymore, which had also begun to stop working for me.

What ended up making the difference was removing nearly all sugar and highly processed foods.

NAD+ to support mitochondria

Epithalon, 20 day cycle

TA-1 cycle

Methalyne Blue 5mg taken when I wake up

Getting outside first thing in the morning (not sure that's possible if you're still on shifts) and getting morning sun.

Teaching myself not to panic when I couldn't fall asleep...and this is where I'm different from some people. I'll play a fairly dry but interesting podcast quietly and just listen to the person talking (it usually needs to be a man with a low voice)...for some reason that helps me relax, stop fighting for sleep, and drift off.
 
Sleep is a struggle for me as well. I'm a night owl, and getting to sleep is hard. About 2 weeks back I began DSIP and CJC, and that has made a difference. It isn't a sedative, but it does support circadian rhythm. I'm thinking of adding IPA, because those 3 together make up the "sleep optimization" stack.

On top of that, I use around 6 sleep supplements, which also help. High cortisol is genuinely awful.
 
Hey there, everyone else who can't sleep. Yet another ex-shift worker whose body clock is now flipped the wrong way.
 
Never figured out the reason I'm consistently more alert once it's dark. It's been ages since I did any night work—I was way younger back then. Nearly every night I find myself awake around 3 in the morning. That's when my mind comes up with its best thoughts (or the ones I'd rather avoid). Taking magnesium, and metformin too, seems to improve my sleep. I use both of them intermittently.
 
RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
I wouldn't call myself a night owl, yet for 3 years my sleep has been poor.

Since every option is addictive, my doctor refuses to prescribe anything.

DSIP peptide is something I only just learned about.

And last week I'd already placed an order for Mots-C..🙁
Trazadone is worth a shot — it isn't addictive and helps quite a few folks, at least until it quits working. It's a Physcho med from the old school days; I took it for 5 years and usually managed 5-7 hours of sleep. Getting an Rx through online telehealth is simple too.

Dsip and Epithalon were useless in my case. CJC-1295 no dac paired with Ipamorelin gives me a slight boost, and Melatinon is fine.
My doctor gave me Trazadone, 50mg. I believe I quit using it since it left me feeling foggy in the morning. Anything potentially habit-forming is something he won't prescribe.

Thanks — tonight I'll give it another go.
 
CharlieBrown said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
I wouldn't call myself a night owl, yet for 3 years my sleep has been poor.

Since every option is addictive, my doctor refuses to prescribe anything.

DSIP peptide is something I only just learned about.

And last week I'd already placed an order for Mots-C..🙁
Trazadone is worth a shot — it isn't addictive and helps quite a few folks, at least until it quits working. It's a Physcho med from the old school days; I took it for 5 years and usually managed 5-7 hours of sleep. Getting an Rx through online telehealth is simple too.

Dsip and Epithalon were useless in my case. CJC-1295 no dac paired with Ipamorelin gives me a slight boost, and Melatinon is fine.
My doctor gave me Trazadone, 50mg. I believe I quit using it since it left me feeling foggy in the morning. Anything potentially habit-forming is something he won't prescribe.

Thanks — tonight I'll give it another go.
What a coincidence you'd bring that up today—I just submitted my prescription request for Belsomra. I've been recovering from surgery and out of work for 7 weeks, and I still can't manage to get proper sleep. One day I'll get 6 hours, the next only 4, and I wake up 3X—so frustrating!

Belsomra costs $450. Luckily, since I've already met my out-of-pocket maximum this year, it's covered, and I'm really hoping it does the trick.

If it doesn't, I noticed some folks have had success with DSIP & Epithalon as a nasal spray—that's my fallback option. The injection version was a bust, but I'm willing to give just about anything a shot.

I'm not trying to be your doctor here, but Trazadone has a score line, so I'd break it in half. I'd take 1 half 1-2 hours before bedtime, then the remaining half right before bed—or take half before bed and the other half when I woke up (which always happened) to use the bathroom. Doing this helped stretch out my sleep and cut down on the grogginess I felt upon waking. It worked for a couple of years, but my doctor didn't want me on the maximum dose, so I began experimenting with other options. Wishing you the best of luck.
 
RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
I wouldn't call myself a night owl, yet for 3 years my sleep has been poor.

Since every option is addictive, my doctor refuses to prescribe anything.

DSIP peptide is something I only just learned about.

And last week I'd already placed an order for Mots-C..🙁
Trazadone is worth a shot — it isn't addictive and helps quite a few folks, at least until it quits working. It's a Physcho med from the old school days; I took it for 5 years and usually managed 5-7 hours of sleep. Getting an Rx through online telehealth is simple too.

Dsip and Epithalon were useless in my case. CJC-1295 no dac paired with Ipamorelin gives me a slight boost, and Melatinon is fine.
My doctor gave me Trazadone, 50mg. I believe I quit using it since it left me feeling foggy in the morning. Anything potentially habit-forming is something he won't prescribe.

Thanks — tonight I'll give it another go.
What a coincidence you'd bring that up today—I just submitted my prescription request for Belsomra. I've been recovering from surgery and out of work for 7 weeks, and I still can't manage to get proper sleep. One day I'll get 6 hours, the next only 4, and I wake up 3X—so frustrating!

Belsomra costs $450. Luckily, since I've already met my out-of-pocket maximum this year, it's covered, and I'm really hoping it does the trick.

If it doesn't, I noticed some folks have had success with DSIP & Epithalon as a nasal spray—that's my fallback option. The injection version was a bust, but I'm willing to give just about anything a shot.

I'm not trying to be your doctor here, but Trazadone has a score line, so I'd break it in half. I'd take 1 half 1-2 hours before bedtime, then the remaining half right before bed—or take half before bed and the other half when I woke up (which always happened) to use the bathroom. Doing this helped stretch out my sleep and cut down on the grogginess I felt upon waking. It worked for a couple of years, but my doctor didn't want me on the maximum dose, so I began experimenting with other options. Wishing you the best of luck.
Thanks a lot ! No need to stress over playing DR. As a kid I adored it....lol

That suggestion is solid. I ran a Google search and came across some intriguing posts......

- The doctor gave me 50 mg tablets, instructing me to break each one in two and use it at night prior to going to bed. WOW! Such a huge relief! I CAN SLEEP without dealing with Ambien's side effects!

And here's another....

- At the start I was given 50 mg, yet I soon lowered my dose down to 25 mg since the morning fogginess side effects bothered me. That amount did the trick for me, and my sleep became the most steady it had been in ages.

So I appreciate the tip !!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
 
CharlieBrown said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
I wouldn't call myself a night owl, yet for 3 years my sleep has been poor.

Since every option is addictive, my doctor refuses to prescribe anything.

DSIP peptide is something I only just learned about.

And last week I'd already placed an order for Mots-C..🙁
Trazadone is worth a shot — it isn't addictive and helps quite a few folks, at least until it quits working. It's a Physcho med from the old school days; I took it for 5 years and usually managed 5-7 hours of sleep. Getting an Rx through online telehealth is simple too.

Dsip and Epithalon were useless in my case. CJC-1295 no dac paired with Ipamorelin gives me a slight boost, and Melatinon is fine.
My doctor gave me Trazadone, 50mg. I believe I quit using it since it left me feeling foggy in the morning. Anything potentially habit-forming is something he won't prescribe.

Thanks — tonight I'll give it another go.
What a coincidence you'd bring that up today—I just submitted my prescription request for Belsomra. I've been recovering from surgery and out of work for 7 weeks, and I still can't manage to get proper sleep. One day I'll get 6 hours, the next only 4, and I wake up 3X—so frustrating!

Belsomra costs $450. Luckily, since I've already met my out-of-pocket maximum this year, it's covered, and I'm really hoping it does the trick.

If it doesn't, I noticed some folks have had success with DSIP & Epithalon as a nasal spray—that's my fallback option. The injection version was a bust, but I'm willing to give just about anything a shot.

I'm not trying to be your doctor here, but Trazadone has a score line, so I'd break it in half. I'd take 1 half 1-2 hours before bedtime, then the remaining half right before bed—or take half before bed and the other half when I woke up (which always happened) to use the bathroom. Doing this helped stretch out my sleep and cut down on the grogginess I felt upon waking. It worked for a couple of years, but my doctor didn't want me on the maximum dose, so I began experimenting with other options. Wishing you the best of luck.
Thanks a lot ! No need to stress over playing DR. As a kid I adored it....lol

That suggestion is solid. I ran a Google search and came across some intriguing posts......

- The doctor gave me 50 mg tablets, instructing me to break each one in two and use it at night prior to going to bed. WOW! Such a huge relief! I CAN SLEEP without dealing with Ambien's side effects!

And here's another....

- At the start I was given 50 mg, yet I soon lowered my dose down to 25 mg since the morning fogginess side effects bothered me. That amount did the trick for me, and my sleep became the most steady it had been in ages.

So I appreciate the tip !!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
At 10pm I went ahead and took the 25mg dose. Even though I felt tired, getting to sleep still took 1.5hrs.

I stayed asleep until 5am, then dropped off again fast, and the alarm at 630am finally got me up.

Sleepiness hit me hard; staying in bed would have been the smarter move. Instead I got up, did yoga, and stretched.

By 8am I was at the gym. I walked in with my eyes half closed. The worst workout I ever had.

Matching the numbers from my previous workout was impossible....surprise, surprise 🤣

For the next 7 days I will keep trying the trazadone at 25mg. I'm sure it will get better !
 
CharlieBrown said:

CharlieBrown said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
I wouldn't call myself a night owl, yet for 3 years my sleep has been poor.

Since every option is addictive, my doctor refuses to prescribe anything.

DSIP peptide is something I only just learned about.

And last week I'd already placed an order for Mots-C..🙁
Trazadone is worth a shot — it isn't addictive and helps quite a few folks, at least until it quits working. It's a Physcho med from the old school days; I took it for 5 years and usually managed 5-7 hours of sleep. Getting an Rx through online telehealth is simple too.

Dsip and Epithalon were useless in my case. CJC-1295 no dac paired with Ipamorelin gives me a slight boost, and Melatinon is fine.
My doctor gave me Trazadone, 50mg. I believe I quit using it since it left me feeling foggy in the morning. Anything potentially habit-forming is something he won't prescribe.

Thanks — tonight I'll give it another go.
What a coincidence you'd bring that up today—I just submitted my prescription request for Belsomra. I've been recovering from surgery and out of work for 7 weeks, and I still can't manage to get proper sleep. One day I'll get 6 hours, the next only 4, and I wake up 3X—so frustrating!

Belsomra costs $450. Luckily, since I've already met my out-of-pocket maximum this year, it's covered, and I'm really hoping it does the trick.

If it doesn't, I noticed some folks have had success with DSIP & Epithalon as a nasal spray—that's my fallback option. The injection version was a bust, but I'm willing to give just about anything a shot.

I'm not trying to be your doctor here, but Trazadone has a score line, so I'd break it in half. I'd take 1 half 1-2 hours before bedtime, then the remaining half right before bed—or take half before bed and the other half when I woke up (which always happened) to use the bathroom. Doing this helped stretch out my sleep and cut down on the grogginess I felt upon waking. It worked for a couple of years, but my doctor didn't want me on the maximum dose, so I began experimenting with other options. Wishing you the best of luck.
Thanks a lot ! No need to stress over playing DR. As a kid I adored it....lol

That suggestion is solid. I ran a Google search and came across some intriguing posts......

- The doctor gave me 50 mg tablets, instructing me to break each one in two and use it at night prior to going to bed. WOW! Such a huge relief! I CAN SLEEP without dealing with Ambien's side effects!

And here's another....

- At the start I was given 50 mg, yet I soon lowered my dose down to 25 mg since the morning fogginess side effects bothered me. That amount did the trick for me, and my sleep became the most steady it had been in ages.

So I appreciate the tip !!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
At 10pm I went ahead and took the 25mg dose. Even though I felt tired, getting to sleep still took 1.5hrs.

I stayed asleep until 5am, then dropped off again fast, and the alarm at 630am finally got me up.

Sleepiness hit me hard; staying in bed would have been the smarter move. Instead I got up, did yoga, and stretched.

By 8am I was at the gym. I walked in with my eyes half closed. The worst workout I ever had.

Matching the numbers from my previous workout was impossible....surprise, surprise 🤣

For the next 7 days I will keep trying the trazadone at 25mg. I'm sure it will get better !
Wishing you success with trazodone and that your body adjusts to it! My nightly dose is 150 mg, and the only side effect I typically notice is a dry mouth when I wake up. For me, the bigger problem is remaining asleep rather than drifting off, yet trazodone still helps quite a bit. Compared with Ambien or Lunesta, it does far more for me.
 
CharlieBrown said:

CharlieBrown said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
I wouldn't call myself a night owl, yet for 3 years my sleep has been poor.

Since every option is addictive, my doctor refuses to prescribe anything.

DSIP peptide is something I only just learned about.

And last week I'd already placed an order for Mots-C..🙁
Trazadone is worth a shot — it isn't addictive and helps quite a few folks, at least until it quits working. It's a Physcho med from the old school days; I took it for 5 years and usually managed 5-7 hours of sleep. Getting an Rx through online telehealth is simple too.

Dsip and Epithalon were useless in my case. CJC-1295 no dac paired with Ipamorelin gives me a slight boost, and Melatinon is fine.
My doctor gave me Trazadone, 50mg. I believe I quit using it since it left me feeling foggy in the morning. Anything potentially habit-forming is something he won't prescribe.

Thanks — tonight I'll give it another go.
What a coincidence you'd bring that up today—I just submitted my prescription request for Belsomra. I've been recovering from surgery and out of work for 7 weeks, and I still can't manage to get proper sleep. One day I'll get 6 hours, the next only 4, and I wake up 3X—so frustrating!

Belsomra costs $450. Luckily, since I've already met my out-of-pocket maximum this year, it's covered, and I'm really hoping it does the trick.

If it doesn't, I noticed some folks have had success with DSIP & Epithalon as a nasal spray—that's my fallback option. The injection version was a bust, but I'm willing to give just about anything a shot.

I'm not trying to be your doctor here, but Trazadone has a score line, so I'd break it in half. I'd take 1 half 1-2 hours before bedtime, then the remaining half right before bed—or take half before bed and the other half when I woke up (which always happened) to use the bathroom. Doing this helped stretch out my sleep and cut down on the grogginess I felt upon waking. It worked for a couple of years, but my doctor didn't want me on the maximum dose, so I began experimenting with other options. Wishing you the best of luck.
Thanks a lot ! No need to stress over playing DR. As a kid I adored it....lol

That suggestion is solid. I ran a Google search and came across some intriguing posts......

- The doctor gave me 50 mg tablets, instructing me to break each one in two and use it at night prior to going to bed. WOW! Such a huge relief! I CAN SLEEP without dealing with Ambien's side effects!

And here's another....

- At the start I was given 50 mg, yet I soon lowered my dose down to 25 mg since the morning fogginess side effects bothered me. That amount did the trick for me, and my sleep became the most steady it had been in ages.

So I appreciate the tip !!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
At 10pm I went ahead and took the 25mg dose. Even though I felt tired, getting to sleep still took 1.5hrs.

I stayed asleep until 5am, then dropped off again fast, and the alarm at 630am finally got me up.

Sleepiness hit me hard; staying in bed would have been the smarter move. Instead I got up, did yoga, and stretched.

By 8am I was at the gym. I walked in with my eyes half closed. The worst workout I ever had.

Matching the numbers from my previous workout was impossible....surprise, surprise 🤣

For the next 7 days I will keep trying the trazadone at 25mg. I'm sure it will get better !
At this point there's nothing left to risk except my sleep, haha. Fingers crossed it does the trick for you — for me it tended to kick in pretty fast. Trazadone covers a pretty broad range of doses, so don't judge it right away. Back when I had a 45lb dog, I'd hand her 50mg of trazadone before Vet exams because she got what they described as a little spicy. A few times I even went with 100mg for an ultrasound, just so we could skip paying for anesthesia. Looks like Trazadone has its K9 uses as well.

My Belsomra arrived, and honestly the box looks pricier than the medication inside? We'll see how it goes.
 
GroundBison said:

CharlieBrown said:

CharlieBrown said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
I wouldn't call myself a night owl, yet for 3 years my sleep has been poor.

Since every option is addictive, my doctor refuses to prescribe anything.

DSIP peptide is something I only just learned about.

And last week I'd already placed an order for Mots-C..🙁
Trazadone is worth a shot — it isn't addictive and helps quite a few folks, at least until it quits working. It's a Physcho med from the old school days; I took it for 5 years and usually managed 5-7 hours of sleep. Getting an Rx through online telehealth is simple too.

Dsip and Epithalon were useless in my case. CJC-1295 no dac paired with Ipamorelin gives me a slight boost, and Melatinon is fine.
My doctor gave me Trazadone, 50mg. I believe I quit using it since it left me feeling foggy in the morning. Anything potentially habit-forming is something he won't prescribe.

Thanks — tonight I'll give it another go.
What a coincidence you'd bring that up today—I just submitted my prescription request for Belsomra. I've been recovering from surgery and out of work for 7 weeks, and I still can't manage to get proper sleep. One day I'll get 6 hours, the next only 4, and I wake up 3X—so frustrating!

Belsomra costs $450. Luckily, since I've already met my out-of-pocket maximum this year, it's covered, and I'm really hoping it does the trick.

If it doesn't, I noticed some folks have had success with DSIP & Epithalon as a nasal spray—that's my fallback option. The injection version was a bust, but I'm willing to give just about anything a shot.

I'm not trying to be your doctor here, but Trazadone has a score line, so I'd break it in half. I'd take 1 half 1-2 hours before bedtime, then the remaining half right before bed—or take half before bed and the other half when I woke up (which always happened) to use the bathroom. Doing this helped stretch out my sleep and cut down on the grogginess I felt upon waking. It worked for a couple of years, but my doctor didn't want me on the maximum dose, so I began experimenting with other options. Wishing you the best of luck.
Thanks a lot ! No need to stress over playing DR. As a kid I adored it....lol

That suggestion is solid. I ran a Google search and came across some intriguing posts......

- The doctor gave me 50 mg tablets, instructing me to break each one in two and use it at night prior to going to bed. WOW! Such a huge relief! I CAN SLEEP without dealing with Ambien's side effects!

And here's another....

- At the start I was given 50 mg, yet I soon lowered my dose down to 25 mg since the morning fogginess side effects bothered me. That amount did the trick for me, and my sleep became the most steady it had been in ages.

So I appreciate the tip !!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
At 10pm I went ahead and took the 25mg dose. Even though I felt tired, getting to sleep still took 1.5hrs.

I stayed asleep until 5am, then dropped off again fast, and the alarm at 630am finally got me up.

Sleepiness hit me hard; staying in bed would have been the smarter move. Instead I got up, did yoga, and stretched.

By 8am I was at the gym. I walked in with my eyes half closed. The worst workout I ever had.

Matching the numbers from my previous workout was impossible....surprise, surprise 🤣

For the next 7 days I will keep trying the trazadone at 25mg. I'm sure it will get better !
Wishing you success with trazodone and that your body adjusts to it! My nightly dose is 150 mg, and the only side effect I typically notice is a dry mouth when I wake up. For me, the bigger problem is remaining asleep rather than drifting off, yet trazodone still helps quite a bit. Compared with Ambien or Lunesta, it does far more for me.
Ambien at 10mg only gave me 4 hours at most, and even with 20mg of Melatonin an hour afterward, falling back asleep was a struggle. When I moved to the 12.5mg extended release version of Ambien, all I gained was 30 extra minutes — Woopdee Doo! Trazadone is what I really miss; for me it was hella consistent. Glad it's working out for you.
 
GroundBison said:

CharlieBrown said:

CharlieBrown said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
I wouldn't call myself a night owl, yet for 3 years my sleep has been poor.

Since every option is addictive, my doctor refuses to prescribe anything.

DSIP peptide is something I only just learned about.

And last week I'd already placed an order for Mots-C..🙁
Trazadone is worth a shot — it isn't addictive and helps quite a few folks, at least until it quits working. It's a Physcho med from the old school days; I took it for 5 years and usually managed 5-7 hours of sleep. Getting an Rx through online telehealth is simple too.

Dsip and Epithalon were useless in my case. CJC-1295 no dac paired with Ipamorelin gives me a slight boost, and Melatinon is fine.
My doctor gave me Trazadone, 50mg. I believe I quit using it since it left me feeling foggy in the morning. Anything potentially habit-forming is something he won't prescribe.

Thanks — tonight I'll give it another go.
What a coincidence you'd bring that up today—I just submitted my prescription request for Belsomra. I've been recovering from surgery and out of work for 7 weeks, and I still can't manage to get proper sleep. One day I'll get 6 hours, the next only 4, and I wake up 3X—so frustrating!

Belsomra costs $450. Luckily, since I've already met my out-of-pocket maximum this year, it's covered, and I'm really hoping it does the trick.

If it doesn't, I noticed some folks have had success with DSIP & Epithalon as a nasal spray—that's my fallback option. The injection version was a bust, but I'm willing to give just about anything a shot.

I'm not trying to be your doctor here, but Trazadone has a score line, so I'd break it in half. I'd take 1 half 1-2 hours before bedtime, then the remaining half right before bed—or take half before bed and the other half when I woke up (which always happened) to use the bathroom. Doing this helped stretch out my sleep and cut down on the grogginess I felt upon waking. It worked for a couple of years, but my doctor didn't want me on the maximum dose, so I began experimenting with other options. Wishing you the best of luck.
Thanks a lot ! No need to stress over playing DR. As a kid I adored it....lol

That suggestion is solid. I ran a Google search and came across some intriguing posts......

- The doctor gave me 50 mg tablets, instructing me to break each one in two and use it at night prior to going to bed. WOW! Such a huge relief! I CAN SLEEP without dealing with Ambien's side effects!

And here's another....

- At the start I was given 50 mg, yet I soon lowered my dose down to 25 mg since the morning fogginess side effects bothered me. That amount did the trick for me, and my sleep became the most steady it had been in ages.

So I appreciate the tip !!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
At 10pm I went ahead and took the 25mg dose. Even though I felt tired, getting to sleep still took 1.5hrs.

I stayed asleep until 5am, then dropped off again fast, and the alarm at 630am finally got me up.

Sleepiness hit me hard; staying in bed would have been the smarter move. Instead I got up, did yoga, and stretched.

By 8am I was at the gym. I walked in with my eyes half closed. The worst workout I ever had.

Matching the numbers from my previous workout was impossible....surprise, surprise 🤣

For the next 7 days I will keep trying the trazadone at 25mg. I'm sure it will get better !
Wishing you success with trazodone and that your body adjusts to it! My nightly dose is 150 mg, and the only side effect I typically notice is a dry mouth when I wake up. For me, the bigger problem is remaining asleep rather than drifting off, yet trazodone still helps quite a bit. Compared with Ambien or Lunesta, it does far more for me.

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

CharlieBrown said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
I wouldn't call myself a night owl, yet for 3 years my sleep has been poor.

Since every option is addictive, my doctor refuses to prescribe anything.

DSIP peptide is something I only just learned about.

And last week I'd already placed an order for Mots-C..🙁
Trazadone is worth a shot — it isn't addictive and helps quite a few folks, at least until it quits working. It's a Physcho med from the old school days; I took it for 5 years and usually managed 5-7 hours of sleep. Getting an Rx through online telehealth is simple too.

Dsip and Epithalon were useless in my case. CJC-1295 no dac paired with Ipamorelin gives me a slight boost, and Melatinon is fine.
My doctor gave me Trazadone, 50mg. I believe I quit using it since it left me feeling foggy in the morning. Anything potentially habit-forming is something he won't prescribe.

Thanks — tonight I'll give it another go.
What a coincidence you'd bring that up today—I just submitted my prescription request for Belsomra. I've been recovering from surgery and out of work for 7 weeks, and I still can't manage to get proper sleep. One day I'll get 6 hours, the next only 4, and I wake up 3X—so frustrating!

Belsomra costs $450. Luckily, since I've already met my out-of-pocket maximum this year, it's covered, and I'm really hoping it does the trick.

If it doesn't, I noticed some folks have had success with DSIP & Epithalon as a nasal spray—that's my fallback option. The injection version was a bust, but I'm willing to give just about anything a shot.

I'm not trying to be your doctor here, but Trazadone has a score line, so I'd break it in half. I'd take 1 half 1-2 hours before bedtime, then the remaining half right before bed—or take half before bed and the other half when I woke up (which always happened) to use the bathroom. Doing this helped stretch out my sleep and cut down on the grogginess I felt upon waking. It worked for a couple of years, but my doctor didn't want me on the maximum dose, so I began experimenting with other options. Wishing you the best of luck.
Thanks a lot ! No need to stress over playing DR. As a kid I adored it....lol

That suggestion is solid. I ran a Google search and came across some intriguing posts......

- The doctor gave me 50 mg tablets, instructing me to break each one in two and use it at night prior to going to bed. WOW! Such a huge relief! I CAN SLEEP without dealing with Ambien's side effects!

And here's another....

- At the start I was given 50 mg, yet I soon lowered my dose down to 25 mg since the morning fogginess side effects bothered me. That amount did the trick for me, and my sleep became the most steady it had been in ages.

So I appreciate the tip !!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
At 10pm I went ahead and took the 25mg dose. Even though I felt tired, getting to sleep still took 1.5hrs.

I stayed asleep until 5am, then dropped off again fast, and the alarm at 630am finally got me up.

Sleepiness hit me hard; staying in bed would have been the smarter move. Instead I got up, did yoga, and stretched.

By 8am I was at the gym. I walked in with my eyes half closed. The worst workout I ever had.

Matching the numbers from my previous workout was impossible....surprise, surprise 🤣

For the next 7 days I will keep trying the trazadone at 25mg. I'm sure it will get better !
At this point there's nothing left to risk except my sleep, haha. Fingers crossed it does the trick for you — for me it tended to kick in pretty fast. Trazadone covers a pretty broad range of doses, so don't judge it right away. Back when I had a 45lb dog, I'd hand her 50mg of trazadone before Vet exams because she got what they described as a little spicy. A few times I even went with 100mg for an ultrasound, just so we could skip paying for anesthesia. Looks like Trazadone has its K9 uses as well.

My Belsomra arrived, and honestly the box looks pricier than the medication inside? We'll see how it goes.
Thank you....

last night I gave it another try, 25mg at 10pm. at midnight I woke up and since I couldn't get back to sleep, the remaining 25mg went in. stayed asleep until 7am. ( no gym - rest day )

however I'm getting up with fatigue/drowsiness. does that fade with time ?
 
Back
Top