Insomnia

TeresaHip

Explorer
Joined
Mar 3, 2026
Messages
309
Reaction score
0
Location
Louisiana
Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
 
TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
I wouldn't call myself a night owl, yet for 3 years my sleep has been poor.

Since every option is addictive, my doctor refuses to prescribe anything.

DSIP peptide is something I only just learned about.

And last week I'd already placed an order for Mots-C..🙁
 
I picked up a shikifuton not long ago, and my sleep has honestly never been better. In a past job I worked in a techops-type position, and it completely destroyed any semblance of a sleep routine.

Putting money into your comfort and sleep hygiene is something I'd strongly suggest. A lot of box spring mattresses do a number on your back, and memory foam doesn't cool you properly or give your spine the support it needs either.
 
CharlieBrown said:

TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
I wouldn't call myself a night owl, yet for 3 years my sleep has been poor.

Since every option is addictive, my doctor refuses to prescribe anything.

DSIP peptide is something I only just learned about.

And last week I'd already placed an order for Mots-C..🙁
Smoking is the sole thing that gives me relief. Sleep medicine's effects don't sit well with me. The munchies are just something I have to deal with.
 
Hotlongs said:

I picked up a shikifuton not long ago, and my sleep has honestly never been better. In a past job I worked in a techops-type position, and it completely destroyed any semblance of a sleep routine.

Putting money into your comfort and sleep hygiene is something I'd strongly suggest. A lot of box spring mattresses do a number on your back, and memory foam doesn't cool you properly or give your spine the support it needs either.
My mattress is fine. Sleep just doesn't happen for me. Chronic pain plays a part in that too.
 
TeresaHip said:

Hotlongs said:

I picked up a shikifuton not long ago, and my sleep has honestly never been better. In a past job I worked in a techops-type position, and it completely destroyed any semblance of a sleep routine.

Putting money into your comfort and sleep hygiene is something I'd strongly suggest. A lot of box spring mattresses do a number on your back, and memory foam doesn't cool you properly or give your spine the support it needs either.
My mattress is fine. Sleep just doesn't happen for me. Chronic pain plays a part in that too.
Switching from sleeping on my side to sleeping on my back, plus using a shikifuton, has made a huge difference for my back pain and tiredness. I don't wake up with sore joints or stiffness anymore, in case that helps.
 
Hotlongs said:

TeresaHip said:

Hotlongs said:

I picked up a shikifuton not long ago, and my sleep has honestly never been better. In a past job I worked in a techops-type position, and it completely destroyed any semblance of a sleep routine.

Putting money into your comfort and sleep hygiene is something I'd strongly suggest. A lot of box spring mattresses do a number on your back, and memory foam doesn't cool you properly or give your spine the support it needs either.
My mattress is fine. Sleep just doesn't happen for me. Chronic pain plays a part in that too.
Switching from sleeping on my side to sleeping on my back, plus using a shikifuton, has made a huge difference for my back pain and tiredness. I don't wake up with sore joints or stiffness anymore, in case that helps.
That resonates with me. Once I switched to back sleeping, my morning back pain disappeared 🙂
 
Hotlongs said:

TeresaHip said:

Hotlongs said:

I picked up a shikifuton not long ago, and my sleep has honestly never been better. In a past job I worked in a techops-type position, and it completely destroyed any semblance of a sleep routine.

Putting money into your comfort and sleep hygiene is something I'd strongly suggest. A lot of box spring mattresses do a number on your back, and memory foam doesn't cool you properly or give your spine the support it needs either.
My mattress is fine. Sleep just doesn't happen for me. Chronic pain plays a part in that too.
Switching from sleeping on my side to sleeping on my back, plus using a shikifuton, has made a huge difference for my back pain and tiredness. I don't wake up with sore joints or stiffness anymore, in case that helps.
I'll check that out. I've got lupus along with rheumatoid arthritis. Switching to a new mattress made a huge difference for me.
 
TeresaHip said:

Hotlongs said:

TeresaHip said:

Hotlongs said:

I picked up a shikifuton not long ago, and my sleep has honestly never been better. In a past job I worked in a techops-type position, and it completely destroyed any semblance of a sleep routine.

Putting money into your comfort and sleep hygiene is something I'd strongly suggest. A lot of box spring mattresses do a number on your back, and memory foam doesn't cool you properly or give your spine the support it needs either.
My mattress is fine. Sleep just doesn't happen for me. Chronic pain plays a part in that too.
Switching from sleeping on my side to sleeping on my back, plus using a shikifuton, has made a huge difference for my back pain and tiredness. I don't wake up with sore joints or stiffness anymore, in case that helps.
I'll check that out. I've got lupus along with rheumatoid arthritis. Switching to a new mattress made a huge difference for me.
I'd suggest you check out the subreddit floorsleeping - don't let the title fool you
 
CharlieBrown said:

TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
I wouldn't call myself a night owl, yet for 3 years my sleep has been poor.

Since every option is addictive, my doctor refuses to prescribe anything.

DSIP peptide is something I only just learned about.

And last week I'd already placed an order for Mots-C..🙁
Trazadone is worth a shot — it isn't addictive and helps quite a few folks, at least until it quits working. It's a Physcho med from the old school days; I took it for 5 years and usually managed 5-7 hours of sleep. Getting an Rx through online telehealth is simple too.

Dsip and Epithalon were useless in my case. CJC-1295 no dac paired with Ipamorelin gives me a slight boost, and Melatinon is fine.
 
TeresaHip said:

Hotlongs said:

I picked up a shikifuton not long ago, and my sleep has honestly never been better. In a past job I worked in a techops-type position, and it completely destroyed any semblance of a sleep routine.

Putting money into your comfort and sleep hygiene is something I'd strongly suggest. A lot of box spring mattresses do a number on your back, and memory foam doesn't cool you properly or give your spine the support it needs either.
My mattress is fine. Sleep just doesn't happen for me. Chronic pain plays a part in that too.
I get it, man — it's rough catching sleep when everything's hurting!
 
TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
35 years of night shifts here — I get it! Nothing has worked for me, except putting myself under and passing out cold just to get some sleep.
 
RubbaDubba1 said:

CharlieBrown said:

TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
I wouldn't call myself a night owl, yet for 3 years my sleep has been poor.

Since every option is addictive, my doctor refuses to prescribe anything.

DSIP peptide is something I only just learned about.

And last week I'd already placed an order for Mots-C..🙁
Trazadone is worth a shot — it isn't addictive and helps quite a few folks, at least until it quits working. It's a Physcho med from the old school days; I took it for 5 years and usually managed 5-7 hours of sleep. Getting an Rx through online telehealth is simple too.

Dsip and Epithalon were useless in my case. CJC-1295 no dac paired with Ipamorelin gives me a slight boost, and Melatinon is fine.
Trazodone was something I used, yet its effectiveness wore off.
 
CharlieBrown said:

TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
I wouldn't call myself a night owl, yet for 3 years my sleep has been poor.

Since every option is addictive, my doctor refuses to prescribe anything.

DSIP peptide is something I only just learned about.

And last week I'd already placed an order for Mots-C..🙁
It's also worth looking into Sermorelin. A lot of people say it helps with sleep.
 
Hotlongs said:

I picked up a shikifuton not long ago, and my sleep has honestly never been better. In a past job I worked in a techops-type position, and it completely destroyed any semblance of a sleep routine.

Putting money into your comfort and sleep hygiene is something I'd strongly suggest. A lot of box spring mattresses do a number on your back, and memory foam doesn't cool you properly or give your spine the support it needs either.
That's a fascinating point. Up until I was around 20, I had a loft bed — essentially a mattress by itself — starting from when I was very young. I adored that bed and my sleep was excellent. And I often remark, “My sleep is never as good as when I'm camping (on a camp mattress, or even just a sleeping bag on the ground).”
 
GTS97 said:

Hotlongs said:

I picked up a shikifuton not long ago, and my sleep has honestly never been better. In a past job I worked in a techops-type position, and it completely destroyed any semblance of a sleep routine.

Putting money into your comfort and sleep hygiene is something I'd strongly suggest. A lot of box spring mattresses do a number on your back, and memory foam doesn't cool you properly or give your spine the support it needs either.
That's a fascinating point. Up until I was around 20, I had a loft bed — essentially a mattress by itself — starting from when I was very young. I adored that bed and my sleep was excellent. And I often remark, “My sleep is never as good as when I'm camping (on a camp mattress, or even just a sleeping bag on the ground).”
Since I started using a coconut coir mat from Thailand, roughly 1.5 inches thick, my sleep has been excellent. Unlike a standard mattress, this setup lets air move through and keeps me cool.
 
Maximus said:

CharlieBrown said:

TeresaHip said:

Is anyone else dealing with insomnia? My sleep isn't great, and whenever I do manage to sleep, it happens during daytime hours — I'm a night owl. That's the result of far too many years spent on nightshift while I was still working. I don't know many other night owls, so I end up researching a lot of nothingness. 🤣

Is anyone here in the same boat?
I wouldn't call myself a night owl, yet for 3 years my sleep has been poor.

Since every option is addictive, my doctor refuses to prescribe anything.

DSIP peptide is something I only just learned about.

And last week I'd already placed an order for Mots-C..🙁
It's also worth looking into Sermorelin. A lot of people say it helps with sleep.
If you have hypothyroidism, you should be cautious about this—it is not recommended for individuals with that condition.
 
These issues affect me too. When the weekend comes around I'm able to sleep through the daytime hours, yet once night arrives my sleep quality is simply poor. L-tryptophan, melatonin, ashwaghanda, magnesium glycinate — I've given all of them a shot, and none of them made a difference. Epitalon was another thing I tried, and it didn't work either. At the start, zopiclone was the sole option that provided any relief, though sadly your body builds tolerance to it, meaning the dosage has to go up. These days, with Reta in the picture, my sleep has gotten even worse.
 
Back
Top