Inquiry regarding domestic shipping within China

hyamsuta

Explorer
Joined
Jun 26, 2026
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
korea
I’m aware that certain sellers won’t ship domestically in China, yet many of them say nothing about not providing domestic shipping.

Next week I’m heading to Shanghai, and I’m thinking about having it delivered to my hotel. Does anyone have any experience with this?
 
If you don't hold Chinese citizenship and you're heading back home once the trip ends, wouldn't picking it up in China mean you'd be exposing yourself to risks at the border?
 
spanky2026 said:

If you don't hold Chinese citizenship and you're heading back home once the trip ends, wouldn't picking it up in China mean you'd be exposing yourself to risks at the border?
The whole thing feels like something out of "Midnight Express"... If the OP has a dependable way to have peptides sent to their home country (Korea?), then I don't really see what they gain by putting themselves in the middle of the delivery/shipping chain...
 
That setup is genuinely a curious one. Picture a Chinese trading company sourcing goods from a Chinese factory, then reselling those goods to an overseas buyer who happens to be checked into a hotel in China.

For research use, they can be provided — but while you are in China, please do not use them. If you did, it could land both you and the seller in serious trouble.

There is also a good chance they would rather not offer you this service at all while you are physically present in China.
 
wheymaster1 said:

No harm in getting in touch and posing the question.
Yes, I did! I contacted several of them, but after several days there’s still no reply, so I figured I’d post here and see whether anyone has direct experience with this.
 
hyamsuta said:

wheymaster1 said:

No harm in getting in touch and posing the question.
Yes, I did! I contacted several of them, but after several days there’s still no reply, so I figured I’d post here and see whether anyone has direct experience with this.
I reached out too. They don't offer it — they only sell overseas. I noticed some listings on Chinese platforms, but I haven't given those a try yet (my language skills aren't good enough for that)
 
I intend to make a trip there at some point, so I reached out to several vendors and every one of them refused. From what I understand, the penalties a vendor would incur for selling RUO products are extremely severe.
 
I take it you're in Korea? South, I'd assume. Don't take chances with the Chinese legal system — they don't play around, their idea of the rule of law differs somewhat from the West's, and mistreating westerners doesn't trouble them much. On top of that, some of their anti drug laws are fairly draconian. Even carrying small amounts in with you while traveling there may not be a safe bet, as far as I can tell.

Getting it posted to Korea seems easier and safer in every way I can imagine. My guess is that one reason the Chinese government puts up with the entire peptide selling business is that sales to locals don't happen, or are at least restricted. If a bunch of Chinese people got sick from black market peptides and the government reacted, that is the one path by which the whole peptide business could be wiped out.
 
spanky2026 said:

If you don't hold Chinese citizenship and you're heading back home once the trip ends, wouldn't picking it up in China mean you'd be exposing yourself to risks at the border?
1. While I'm there, I was simply curious whether getting it delivered domestically could be faster or less of a hassle

2. Lately Korean customs has turned absurdly tough on GLP-1-related packages coming from abroad, and plenty of folks here are annoyed by it. So I started looking into alternatives.

The price gap versus nearby countries is over 3x, yet the government still hasn't truly addressed it.

And it gets even wilder — even if a GLP-1 was legally prescribed to you in Korea, you can't bring it back in after a trip abroad. That goes for foreigners as well 🤡 Random baggage checks have also become more frequent recently.

For shipping it's even tighter. Package inspections by customs are aggressive, and reportedly more than 90% of people who try to have it shipped in wind up with their packages held by customs. So weighing both cost and time, shipping struck me as far too risky.

And the amusing bit is that GLP-1s aren't actually illegal. They're essentially being handled as harmful drugs because the government fears that “people might lose too much weight.” (yes, that's the official statement) That is honestly the reason we're stuck dealing with all of this.
 
China takes narcotics regulation very seriously. Part of the reason is probably the lasting trauma from the Opium Wars. Peptides, obviously, are not narcotics, and even though China gets singled out as the source behind many drugs being outlawed, its stance on exports appears relatively relaxed. Domestic distribution, on the other hand, would probably be handled harshly.

One specific concern: if peptides are found on you as you are leaving China, things could turn very bad. Taking pointless chances is not worth it.
 
The way China operates is that whatever you make and sell beyond its borders is of little concern to them, provided the permit and license fees keep coming in (fentanyl is the exception, and that's probably down to pressure from the US). The picture changes completely once that product is being sold inside China.

Take a Prof Jiang interview as an example. He will say straight out that he doesn't like China and that he criticizes the government. Asked why he can get away with that while living in China as a resident… the answer is that nobody inside China consumes his content, so his words don't matter to them. If a Chinese audience were to start consuming his philosophies, everything would shift.

As described, this looks like pure risk with nothing to gain.
 
I now get that shipping inside China can be a big problem, and not just when it's going out of the country. The seller said they don't do domestic shipping in any case.

Because customs clearance here is unforgiving, and since I've never had any trouble at departure immigration in any country, I didn't take it seriously enough. Thanks for your concern and advice!
 
Back
Top