Injection Site Reactions Appearing 3 Months In

CreepyZebra

Explorer
Joined
Apr 10, 2026
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles, Ca
I've been using the following protocol since March 18th and never experienced any site reaction except from GHKcu. Now, 3 months down the line, I'm getting ISR even with Reta. The reaction shows up as an itchy welt, much like the GHKcu one, but the Reta ISR appears roughly 48hrs after injecting. I don't inject Reta and GHKCU in the same spot, and I do rotate where I pin. I've tried mixing fresh vials of both, new BAC water, an antihistamine, and took a full week off all peps while traveling. Has anyone else gone through something similar?

Reta: split dose since 3/18 - pinned in belly

NAD+: 3x a week since 3/31

GHKcu: daily pinned in upper glute/love handles since 4/20
 
CreepyZebra said:

I've been using the following protocol since March 18th and never experienced any site reaction except from GHKcu. Now, 3 months down the line, I'm getting ISR even with Reta. The reaction shows up as an itchy welt, much like the GHKcu one, but the Reta ISR appears roughly 48hrs after injecting. I don't inject Reta and GHKCU in the same spot, and I do rotate where I pin. I've tried mixing fresh vials of both, new BAC water, an antihistamine, and took a full week off all peps while traveling. Has anyone else gone through something similar?

Reta: split dose since 3/18 - pinned in belly

NAD+: 3x a week since 3/31

GHKcu: daily pinned in upper glute/love handles since 4/20
Do you use alcohol to wipe both the vial tops and your skin before you inject? Also, are you filtering?
 
UghItsStupidNIHateIT said:

CreepyZebra said:

I've been using the following protocol since March 18th and never experienced any site reaction except from GHKcu. Now, 3 months down the line, I'm getting ISR even with Reta. The reaction shows up as an itchy welt, much like the GHKcu one, but the Reta ISR appears roughly 48hrs after injecting. I don't inject Reta and GHKCU in the same spot, and I do rotate where I pin. I've tried mixing fresh vials of both, new BAC water, an antihistamine, and took a full week off all peps while traveling. Has anyone else gone through something similar?

Reta: split dose since 3/18 - pinned in belly

NAD+: 3x a week since 3/31

GHKcu: daily pinned in upper glute/love handles since 4/20
Do you use alcohol to wipe both the vial tops and your skin before you inject? Also, are you filtering?
Yes, I use a filter and clean everything with new wipes both before and after. Really strange.
 
The suggestion above seems worth testing, but what you're experiencing sounds like localized allergic reactions at the injection site, and the peptides are much more likely to be the cause. It's typical for these to begin after some time—your immune system needs exposure before an allergy can develop, and that process can take anywhere from days to years. In studies, injection site reactions to GLP's occur in roughly 5% of cases, and they're generally harmless though annoying. As long as nothing points to a systemic reaction, the only options are tolerating it or switching to another glp. Certain individuals do appear to react more than others, as you're describing reactions from multiple peptides; one person on this forum experienced them from sema, tirz, and reta, and confirmed it by doing the bac water only test. Injecting slightly deeper into the subcutaneous fat can sometimes lessen the reactions, since the skin contains many immune cells while fat has fewer. On the positive side, even though antibodies to GLP drugs are very common, they seldom impact the drug, meaning they aren't neutralizing—unlike most other biological therapies.
 
lessthanhalf said:

The suggestion above seems worth testing, but what you're experiencing sounds like localized allergic reactions at the injection site, and the peptides are much more likely to be the cause. It's typical for these to begin after some time—your immune system needs exposure before an allergy can develop, and that process can take anywhere from days to years. In studies, injection site reactions to GLP's occur in roughly 5% of cases, and they're generally harmless though annoying. As long as nothing points to a systemic reaction, the only options are tolerating it or switching to another glp. Certain individuals do appear to react more than others, as you're describing reactions from multiple peptides; one person on this forum experienced them from sema, tirz, and reta, and confirmed it by doing the bac water only test. Injecting slightly deeper into the subcutaneous fat can sometimes lessen the reactions, since the skin contains many immune cells while fat has fewer. On the positive side, even though antibodies to GLP drugs are very common, they seldom impact the drug, meaning they aren't neutralizing—unlike most other biological therapies.

Same here. Switching to longer needles fixed it for me.
 
When a reta reaction takes 48 hours to appear, that points to a cell mediated delayed hypersensitivity reaction. Because of that, antihistamines likely won't help, since they are more effective against immediate reactions like mosquito bites.
 
lessthanhalf said:

The suggestion above seems worth testing, but what you're experiencing sounds like localized allergic reactions at the injection site, and the peptides are much more likely to be the cause. It's typical for these to begin after some time—your immune system needs exposure before an allergy can develop, and that process can take anywhere from days to years. In studies, injection site reactions to GLP's occur in roughly 5% of cases, and they're generally harmless though annoying. As long as nothing points to a systemic reaction, the only options are tolerating it or switching to another glp. Certain individuals do appear to react more than others, as you're describing reactions from multiple peptides; one person on this forum experienced them from sema, tirz, and reta, and confirmed it by doing the bac water only test. Injecting slightly deeper into the subcutaneous fat can sometimes lessen the reactions, since the skin contains many immune cells while fat has fewer. On the positive side, even though antibodies to GLP drugs are very common, they seldom impact the drug, meaning they aren't neutralizing—unlike most other biological therapies.
All of this education and advice is incredibly useful. I appreciate it.
 
CreepyZebra said:


I've been running the following since March 18th and have never had a site reaction other than to the GHKcu. Now, 3 months later, I get ISR even with Reta. The reaction is an itchy welt similar to that of GHKcu but the Reta ISR occurs about 48hrs after pinning. I do not pin Reta and GHKCU in the same place as one another, and I rotate injections spots. I've tried reconstituting new vials of each, new BAC water, taking an antihistamine, and took a full week of all peps while I traveled. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Reta: split dose since 3/18 - Pinned in belly

NAD+: 3x a week since since 3/31

GHKcu: daily pinned in upper glute/love handles since 4/20

Click to expand...
Once I reached roughly 4mg, the same thing started happening to me. For around 6 weeks now I've been at 8mg, and the welt that forms where I inject appears to be growing larger and sticking around for longer. I went ahead and bought another 2 months' worth of Reta, though I'm concerned I might have to move over to Tirz or a different option.

That said, did yours get better eventually? Did it get worse? Has it stayed the same? Does it depend on the dose? Is there anything you've tried that helps?
 
NarrowSparrow said:

CreepyZebra said:


I've been running the following since March 18th and have never had a site reaction other than to the GHKcu. Now, 3 months later, I get ISR even with Reta. The reaction is an itchy welt similar to that of GHKcu but the Reta ISR occurs about 48hrs after pinning. I do not pin Reta and GHKCU in the same place as one another, and I rotate injections spots. I've tried reconstituting new vials of each, new BAC water, taking an antihistamine, and took a full week of all peps while I traveled. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Reta: split dose since 3/18 - Pinned in belly

NAD+: 3x a week since since 3/31

GHKcu: daily pinned in upper glute/love handles since 4/20

Click to expand...
Once I reached roughly 4mg, the same thing started happening to me. For around 6 weeks now I've been at 8mg, and the welt that forms where I inject appears to be growing larger and sticking around for longer. I went ahead and bought another 2 months' worth of Reta, though I'm concerned I might have to move over to Tirz or a different option.

That said, did yours get better eventually? Did it get worse? Has it stayed the same? Does it depend on the dose? Is there anything you've tried that helps?
CU wasn't injected into that same location, but it's possible that my skin being less irritated in general allowed the Reta ISR to settle down. Or maybe I adapted. I wish I could offer more assistance.
 
Back
Top