Injectable Buffered NAD500 – Recon, Storage, IM vs SubQ, & Dosage?

Loveandpeaceandjoy said:

PGB ranks among the leading and most frequently suggested sources for buffered NAD. Their vials are always clear, so I'm not sure whether people genuinely worry about amber vials. For NAD, I've gone with them and no one else during the past year, and at 53 years old I haven't seen any change in how well it works. A 500 mg vial, taken sub q, kept in the fridge, usually gets me through roughly a month.
That's a helpful extra data point, thank you.

I'm wondering—given that you've used NAD+ over a longer stretch, what improvements have you seen?
 
ftv10hb said:

birdwhacker said:

tendency said:

birdwhacker said:

fremt52958 said:

My NAD 1000 just arrived from an excellent source. It is certainly an amber vial. I have come across multiple dosing suggestions for adding 3ml BAC to the 1000mg and beginning with 15units, which is 50mg.

Any input?
Pretty much, that's exactly what I did. 50mg could hit a bit hard, so after injecting, be ready to lie down or stay seated. And afterward, be sure to back up your methylation pathways with tmg/methyl B.

So yeah, I got a kit from Amino Lair not long ago, and every vial in it was clear glass rather than amber - that's a first for me. Safe to say I won't be ordering from them again.
Amino Lair was also where mine came from.

Honestly, this whole amber vial light sensitivity claim is plainly ridiculous. The product does its job just fine.

What bothers me more is that the NAD is actually un-buffered yet it's sold as buffered. That's outright dangerous.
I didn’t want to open every single link that was posted here one by one, and honestly I’m not going to pretend I grasp all the jargon or the way it works either haha. Still, for whatever it’s worth, in my opinion there’s enough material in this thread for me to accept that NAD+ breaks down a lot when it gets hit by light and/or sits around at room temperature. If you look at what degraded NAD+ is reported to cause, things like stinging and short-term fatigue, that might also account for what you went through, rather than it coming down to the product being unbuffered. That said, I’m definitely no kind of authority on this. I just figured I’d pass along at least the info that swayed me and shapes how I keep and use mine personally.
I'm not trying to brush you off, but grabbing a screenshot of the Google AI search page isn't research. A language model, by its very nature, will just recycle old wives tales from Reddit and echo your own words back at you. That holds true even if you write a nicely structured Claude prompt.

What arrived in my order is unmistakably NAD, and there's no sign of degradation. The way it hits me lines up with almost every account of what NAD does, it feels a lot like niacin, and it's plainly consuming methyl groups.

ftv10hb said:

tendency said:

birdwhacker said:

fremt52958 said:

My NAD 1000 just arrived from an excellent source. It is certainly an amber vial. I have come across multiple dosing suggestions for adding 3ml BAC to the 1000mg and beginning with 15units, which is 50mg.

Any input?
Pretty much, that's exactly what I did. 50mg could hit a bit hard, so after injecting, be ready to lie down or stay seated. And afterward, be sure to back up your methylation pathways with tmg/methyl B.

So yeah, I got a kit from Amino Lair not long ago, and every vial in it was clear glass rather than amber - that's a first for me. Safe to say I won't be ordering from them again.
Yeah, that's odd. I haven't bought from them myself, but they've clearly been operating long enough that they should know the norm or what buyers expect. What's even weirder is that the person posting right after you got amber vials just days ago — I can't think of any good reason the same seller would ship it both ways, and definitely not without telling the buyer or giving some kind of notice. Obviously it's your call, but if it were me, I'd say that's enough to ask for a refund or a replacement.
I dropped by his thread to make a comment about it, and the man is completely losing it. Take a look at the show: /

tendency said:

ftv10hb said:

birdwhacker said:

tendency said:

birdwhacker said:

fremt52958 said:

My NAD 1000 just arrived from an excellent source. It is certainly an amber vial. I have come across multiple dosing suggestions for adding 3ml BAC to the 1000mg and beginning with 15units, which is 50mg.

Any input?
Pretty much, that's exactly what I did. 50mg could hit a bit hard, so after injecting, be ready to lie down or stay seated. And afterward, be sure to back up your methylation pathways with tmg/methyl B.

So yeah, I got a kit from Amino Lair not long ago, and every vial in it was clear glass rather than amber - that's a first for me. Safe to say I won't be ordering from them again.
Amino Lair was also where mine came from.

Honestly, this whole amber vial light sensitivity claim is plainly ridiculous. The product does its job just fine.

What bothers me more is that the NAD is actually un-buffered yet it's sold as buffered. That's outright dangerous.
I didn’t want to open every single link that was posted here one by one, and honestly I’m not going to pretend I grasp all the jargon or the way it works either haha. Still, for whatever it’s worth, in my opinion there’s enough material in this thread for me to accept that NAD+ breaks down a lot when it gets hit by light and/or sits around at room temperature. If you look at what degraded NAD+ is reported to cause, things like stinging and short-term fatigue, that might also account for what you went through, rather than it coming down to the product being unbuffered. That said, I’m definitely no kind of authority on this. I just figured I’d pass along at least the info that swayed me and shapes how I keep and use mine personally.
Not long ago, someone on this forum shared a study that caught my attention — unfortunately I can't locate it anymore. What I remember is that this person, or perhaps an acquaintance, mixed a vial of NAD+ and stored it in the refrigerator. When a lab checked the NAD+ concentration 15 days later, the result showed 50% degradation. So I'm with you: after reconstitution, NAD+ doesn't last very long.

What I don't have a clear answer on is how much the dry, un-reconstituted NAD+ powder degrades. It's quite possible it's far more stable. I'd really appreciate a definitive answer on that.
I'm not convinced. To me it sounds like a peptide old wives tale.
 
birdwhacker said:


I don't mean not to take you seriously, but screenshotting the search page Google AI is not research. By definition of what a language model is, it's going to be repeating old wives tales from Reddit and repeating your own words back to you. Even a well structured Claude prompt will do the same.

The product I received is clearly NAD and is clearly not degraded. The effect it has on me matches practically every description of the effect of NAD, and it feels very similar to niacin and is obviously using methyl groups.

I went over to his thread to say something about it and the guy is absolutely freaking out. Have a peek at the popcorn: /

I don't buy it. Sounds like a peptide old wives tale to me.

Click to expand...
haha yeah, I’m with you that AI can’t just be trusted on its own. For me it’s more of a starting point, something to spring off before I dig deeper. Here it seemed like a lot of what it pulled was from real NIH studies and pharma sources, but honestly I didn’t care enough to sit and read through each one lol. Still, this is the space we’ve picked to mess around in — there’s a ton of material floating around, much of it conflicting or sketchy, and in the end each of us just weighs it however we can and goes with our call lol. That vendor reply you linked was way too much though, that’s insane haha
 
birdwhacker said:


I went over to his thread to say something about it and the guy is absolutely freaking out. Have a peek at the popcorn: /

Click to expand...

That whole thing is painful to watch. Sure, his prices run steep, but I'd purchased from him previously and felt good knowing he was there as a backup if things ever got tight. Still, "has never had a big-feelings fight with a customer in a public space" is one of my prerequisitives for "will buy from this vendor." It also rubbed me the wrong way how irritated he became when folks simply asked him to publish a price list. No, I'm not about to download signal just to find out if your epi has dropped in price, no thanks.
 
randompersonrandom said:


... was glad to have an option to buy from him again if I was ever in a pinch, but "has never had a big-feelings fight with a customer in a public space" is one of my prerequisitives for "will buy from this vendor."

Click to expand...
It's clear as day that he'll dodge any blame, no matter what goes wrong. What a letdown — wouldn't we all jump at the chance to support a US-based operation that's well-run and accepts those payment methods?

A Chinese supplier, at the very least, knows enough to keep things polite while they take you for a ride.
 
tendency said:

Loveandpeaceandjoy said:

PGB ranks among the leading and most frequently suggested sources for buffered NAD. Their vials are always clear, so I'm not sure whether people genuinely worry about amber vials. For NAD, I've gone with them and no one else during the past year, and at 53 years old I haven't seen any change in how well it works. A 500 mg vial, taken sub q, kept in the fridge, usually gets me through roughly a month.
That's a helpful extra data point, thank you.

I'm wondering—given that you've used NAD+ over a longer stretch, what improvements have you seen?
Energy is definitely higher. The Triz left me really wiped out. Focus improved too, since Meno brain is no joke😂. On top of that, I've seen more weight come off compared to when I wasn't on NAD. Somewhere I came across that it supports metabolism. My skin looks great as well, though I also cycle KLOW, so it's likely the two together.
 
Loveandpeaceandjoy said:

tendency said:

Loveandpeaceandjoy said:

PGB ranks among the leading and most frequently suggested sources for buffered NAD. Their vials are always clear, so I'm not sure whether people genuinely worry about amber vials. For NAD, I've gone with them and no one else during the past year, and at 53 years old I haven't seen any change in how well it works. A 500 mg vial, taken sub q, kept in the fridge, usually gets me through roughly a month.
That's a helpful extra data point, thank you.

I'm wondering—given that you've used NAD+ over a longer stretch, what improvements have you seen?
Energy is definitely higher. The Triz left me really wiped out. Focus improved too, since Meno brain is no joke😂. On top of that, I've seen more weight come off compared to when I wasn't on NAD. Somewhere I came across that it supports metabolism. My skin looks great as well, though I also cycle KLOW, so it's likely the two together.
On days when I take NAD, my appetite is noticeably stronger — that part I can totally believe.

As for energy, I never got that benefit. Could be my age, or possibly because I spent a long time on flush niacin. Either way, SS31 and MotsC are headed my way! With MotsC, my cardio output clearly improves.
 
birdwhacker said:


Yeah, pretty obvious that no matter what the issue is he will never take any responsibility whatsoever. It's a shame because I think we'd all love to have someone here in the US we could fully get behind, who runs a tight ship and takes those kind of payment options.

At least a Chinese vendor will have the good sense to treat you with respect while they screw you over.

Click to expand...
My honest take is that Amino Lair comes across as a middle aged guy with some mental issues, and frankly kind of sus. Every time I dealt with him, the vibe was needlessly aggressive.

If a vendor starts shouting at you just because you brought up a problem with an order, and they won't even talk it through with you one on one, that's a red flag. No vendor like that deserves your trust.
 
Another pointless bump for the most ridiculous NAD thread around...

Anyway, I managed to get hold of some Sodium Bicarbonate For Injection (SBFI) that my mother swiped from her job. Thanks, mom!

I thought I'd mix a bit of it into my Un-Buffered NAD That Was Advertised As Buffered (UBNTWAAB).

Just so we're clear, I don't have any pH strips available.

To start, I put 20 units of the 8.4% SB solution into one of my already reconstituted, half-empty NAD500 vials (which had 3ml water). It fizzed and bubbled. Promising. I injected roughly 50mg and the burn felt pretty much the same. So I put in another 60 units of SB, then tried another 50mg. The sting was still present but much milder, close to what I'd consider acceptable.

For the next test, I reconstituted a fresh vial. I used 1.8ml of BAC water plus 1.2ml of sodium bicarbonate. I think I went a bit too far. There was almost no sting. I also messed up by adding the SB before the NAD had completely dissolved in the BAC water. After injecting a few hundred milligrams of this new mix, I think there's been a small drop in strength. Maybe 25%, judging by what I usually feel with NAD injections.

Clearly I need test strips, but I believe the next vial will be spot on with 2ml BAC and 1ml SB, perhaps slightly less SB if I want it to last longer on the shelf.

ftv10hb said:

birdwhacker said:

Last update:

Reconstituting and storing went fine. I haven't been keeping it in the fridge.

I started at 50mg on alternating days, and for roughly a week now I've moved to 50mg daily.

My baseline energy hasn't budged at all. Actually, right after injecting I feel somewhat tired, though if I push through and train during that period I end up feeling okay.

Today I paired it with 3mg of MotsC (my first time using it), and the two seemed to work well together — I got noticeably more from my cardio session than I normally do. Could be worth stacking alongside SS31 & MotsC.

Sleep might have gotten slightly better. It seems like I wake up less often and sleep more deeply.

All in all, not worth it, but I'll keep going through the kid. Oral NMN/NR combined with TMG and occasional niacin flushes looks like the better route. My guess is that the people who benefit a lot from this are overmethylators, or they haven't used supplements to raise their natural NAD levels.
Once you reconstitute it, NAD+ ranks among the most fragile compounds around. Amber vials are used for a reason: light degrades it readily, and at room temperature breakdown starts right away. Any batch you left out of the fridge would have gone flat quite a while back. My own routine is fridge storage away from light, 100mg per dose, 3x/week, and I clearly get that clean energy plus a steady sense of being capable and productive all day. I inject only in the AM; as far as I can tell, sleep is unaffected in either direction.

Age is the other thing that shapes how well NAD+ works. Everyone carries an NAD+ pool that tends to drain and shrink over the years. Supplementing can top that pool back up, but it cannot push you past it. People 40+ whose pool has been worn down by time or lifestyle tend to notice a bigger shift from NAD+ supplementation, whereas the younger you are, the more NAD+ you already have on your own, so the change you feel from adding more will be smaller.

So it seems NAD has a reputation for being buffered with sodium bicarbonate. Unbuffered NAD lasts for months.

As for the amber vial thing, I just don't get it. J5 is a very well-regarded vendor and right now he sells buffered NAD in clear vials too.
 
birdwhacker said:

Another pointless bump for the most ridiculous NAD thread around...

Anyway, I managed to get hold of some Sodium Bicarbonate For Injection (SBFI) that my mother swiped from her job. Thanks, mom!

I thought I'd mix a bit of it into my Un-Buffered NAD That Was Advertised As Buffered (UBNTWAAB).

Just so we're clear, I don't have any pH strips available.

To start, I put 20 units of the 8.4% SB solution into one of my already reconstituted, half-empty NAD500 vials (which had 3ml water). It fizzed and bubbled. Promising. I injected roughly 50mg and the burn felt pretty much the same. So I put in another 60 units of SB, then tried another 50mg. The sting was still present but much milder, close to what I'd consider acceptable.

For the next test, I reconstituted a fresh vial. I used 1.8ml of BAC water plus 1.2ml of sodium bicarbonate. I think I went a bit too far. There was almost no sting. I also messed up by adding the SB before the NAD had completely dissolved in the BAC water. After injecting a few hundred milligrams of this new mix, I think there's been a small drop in strength. Maybe 25%, judging by what I usually feel with NAD injections.

Clearly I need test strips, but I believe the next vial will be spot on with 2ml BAC and 1ml SB, perhaps slightly less SB if I want it to last longer on the shelf.

ftv10hb said:

birdwhacker said:

Last update:

Reconstituting and storing went fine. I haven't been keeping it in the fridge.

I started at 50mg on alternating days, and for roughly a week now I've moved to 50mg daily.

My baseline energy hasn't budged at all. Actually, right after injecting I feel somewhat tired, though if I push through and train during that period I end up feeling okay.

Today I paired it with 3mg of MotsC (my first time using it), and the two seemed to work well together — I got noticeably more from my cardio session than I normally do. Could be worth stacking alongside SS31 & MotsC.

Sleep might have gotten slightly better. It seems like I wake up less often and sleep more deeply.

All in all, not worth it, but I'll keep going through the kid. Oral NMN/NR combined with TMG and occasional niacin flushes looks like the better route. My guess is that the people who benefit a lot from this are overmethylators, or they haven't used supplements to raise their natural NAD levels.
Once you reconstitute it, NAD+ ranks among the most fragile compounds around. Amber vials are used for a reason: light degrades it readily, and at room temperature breakdown starts right away. Any batch you left out of the fridge would have gone flat quite a while back. My own routine is fridge storage away from light, 100mg per dose, 3x/week, and I clearly get that clean energy plus a steady sense of being capable and productive all day. I inject only in the AM; as far as I can tell, sleep is unaffected in either direction.

Age is the other thing that shapes how well NAD+ works. Everyone carries an NAD+ pool that tends to drain and shrink over the years. Supplementing can top that pool back up, but it cannot push you past it. People 40+ whose pool has been worn down by time or lifestyle tend to notice a bigger shift from NAD+ supplementation, whereas the younger you are, the more NAD+ you already have on your own, so the change you feel from adding more will be smaller.

So it seems NAD has a reputation for being buffered with sodium bicarbonate. Unbuffered NAD lasts for months.

As for the amber vial thing, I just don't get it. J5 is a very well-regarded vendor and right now he sells buffered NAD in clear vials too.
That's a fascinating trial.

My guess is that you and I sourced our NAD+ from the same place — goes by the initials AL — and when I pin it, the burning sensation is absolutely brutal. The pH has to be out of whack, and my hunch is that it hasn't been buffered at all, just like you're thinking.
 
tendency said:

birdwhacker said:

Another pointless bump for the most ridiculous NAD thread around...

Anyway, I managed to get hold of some Sodium Bicarbonate For Injection (SBFI) that my mother swiped from her job. Thanks, mom!

I thought I'd mix a bit of it into my Un-Buffered NAD That Was Advertised As Buffered (UBNTWAAB).

Just so we're clear, I don't have any pH strips available.

To start, I put 20 units of the 8.4% SB solution into one of my already reconstituted, half-empty NAD500 vials (which had 3ml water). It fizzed and bubbled. Promising. I injected roughly 50mg and the burn felt pretty much the same. So I put in another 60 units of SB, then tried another 50mg. The sting was still present but much milder, close to what I'd consider acceptable.

For the next test, I reconstituted a fresh vial. I used 1.8ml of BAC water plus 1.2ml of sodium bicarbonate. I think I went a bit too far. There was almost no sting. I also messed up by adding the SB before the NAD had completely dissolved in the BAC water. After injecting a few hundred milligrams of this new mix, I think there's been a small drop in strength. Maybe 25%, judging by what I usually feel with NAD injections.

Clearly I need test strips, but I believe the next vial will be spot on with 2ml BAC and 1ml SB, perhaps slightly less SB if I want it to last longer on the shelf.

ftv10hb said:

birdwhacker said:

Last update:

Reconstituting and storing went fine. I haven't been keeping it in the fridge.

I started at 50mg on alternating days, and for roughly a week now I've moved to 50mg daily.

My baseline energy hasn't budged at all. Actually, right after injecting I feel somewhat tired, though if I push through and train during that period I end up feeling okay.

Today I paired it with 3mg of MotsC (my first time using it), and the two seemed to work well together — I got noticeably more from my cardio session than I normally do. Could be worth stacking alongside SS31 & MotsC.

Sleep might have gotten slightly better. It seems like I wake up less often and sleep more deeply.

All in all, not worth it, but I'll keep going through the kid. Oral NMN/NR combined with TMG and occasional niacin flushes looks like the better route. My guess is that the people who benefit a lot from this are overmethylators, or they haven't used supplements to raise their natural NAD levels.
Once you reconstitute it, NAD+ ranks among the most fragile compounds around. Amber vials are used for a reason: light degrades it readily, and at room temperature breakdown starts right away. Any batch you left out of the fridge would have gone flat quite a while back. My own routine is fridge storage away from light, 100mg per dose, 3x/week, and I clearly get that clean energy plus a steady sense of being capable and productive all day. I inject only in the AM; as far as I can tell, sleep is unaffected in either direction.

Age is the other thing that shapes how well NAD+ works. Everyone carries an NAD+ pool that tends to drain and shrink over the years. Supplementing can top that pool back up, but it cannot push you past it. People 40+ whose pool has been worn down by time or lifestyle tend to notice a bigger shift from NAD+ supplementation, whereas the younger you are, the more NAD+ you already have on your own, so the change you feel from adding more will be smaller.

So it seems NAD has a reputation for being buffered with sodium bicarbonate. Unbuffered NAD lasts for months.

As for the amber vial thing, I just don't get it. J5 is a very well-regarded vendor and right now he sells buffered NAD in clear vials too.
That's a fascinating trial.

My guess is that you and I sourced our NAD+ from the same place — goes by the initials AL — and when I pin it, the burning sensation is absolutely brutal. The pH has to be out of whack, and my hunch is that it hasn't been buffered at all, just like you're thinking.
Did I forget to mention Amino Lair by name? That was my intention. After I asked them—very politely—to double-check that their labeling was accurate, they completely lost it.

Sounds like we're sitting on the same batch, and it's extremely acidic. What you'll want to do is pick up sodium bicarbonate 8.4% and mix it in during reconstitution.
 
Everyone has already voiced their problems with Amino Lair across a great many threads, and there's nothing wrong with that.

What isn't okay is the never-ending dogpiling.

If every attempt to talk through NAD topics or anything else keeps turning into rehashing vendor complaints, then this thread and any others with the same repeated grumbling will be locked.
 
ZippityDooDah said:

Everyone has already voiced their problems with Amino Lair across a great many threads, and there's nothing wrong with that.

What isn't okay is the never-ending dogpiling.

If every attempt to talk through NAD topics or anything else keeps turning into rehashing vendor complaints, then this thread and any others with the same repeated grumbling will be locked.
And on top of that, while I'm already going there, American military action in Iran doesn't sit right with me either!

Everywhere you turn, there are issues, I swear.
 
I've been doing a ton of reading on NAD+ lately, and I'm injecting it while I do. I'm a woman in my late 50s, in menopause, holding down a very stressful, very demanding job at the moment. The combination of menopause and Tirz left me wiped out and foggy-headed. NAD definitely gives me an energy boost. My stamina holds up better across the day. That 3pm crash is gone.

My starting dose was 25 daily, and now I switch it up to

50 mg daily. At 50 the tingling and the rush kick in. Even so, since I began roughly a month ago, my energy and focus stay steady all day long.

I load mine into pens and store them in the fridge.

I went through 1 bottle after reconstituting it. I saw no drop-off in how well it worked. The rush still came on.

I'm a big fan of NAD+ and will absolutely continue cycling it.

I'm missing it this week because I ran out and have to mix up a new pen. I couldn't work out why I felt so wiped by 3pm today. Could it be that I've gone 3 days without NAD? ?!?
 
Back
Top